“Friendly, clean, pleasant hotel”

West Palm Beach Marriott
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
New York
“Friendly, clean, pleasant hotel”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed at this property while attending a weekend event at the nearby Palm Beach Convention Center. The hotel check in staff were very nice. They made it a point of making sure I knew that they were providing shuttle rides to the Convention Center as well as the city center, which is where most of the restaurants are located. For a tip, the driver's stopped at the local Publix supermarket and Walgreens - plus, they were very sweet! The room was clean, everything worked and when I called for extra towels, they arrived ASAP. The pool was open all night, so a quiet 3am dip was fabulous!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank newschik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Cocoa Beach
Reviewed May 31, 2011

This was my third visit to this hotel for a work related conference. It is a very beautiful place as expected from a Palm Beach area hotel. The rooms were adequate for my needs with a few exceptions. 1. $12.95 for Internet wi-fi in my room. Ive never stayed anywhere that charged for in-room wi-fi. 2. There were only two drawers for clothing. Needless to say, I dressed out of my suitcase during my weeklong stay. 3. The refrigerator wasnt large enough to hold a 6-pack. 4. No coffee maker. 5. The hotel's in-house "Bistro" was absurdly overpriced. I paid over $25 for a cheeseburger and two domestic beers. At lunch, it took 35 minutes before the waitress realized I hadnt received my Cuban sandwich. To there credit, they comped my meal but I never heard from the waitress again.

Other than that, I enjoyed my stay. These are relatively minor issues and I would stay here again. Great pool / hot tub and execellent location just down the street from the City Place. Just find other food options than the hotels! Dont forget to check out Mya Cigars on Belvedere!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank harm10
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 2, 2011

Just stayed here for 3 nights with a large group for SunFest. I have to admit that my experience was great. The hotel is definitely nice and comfortable but the staff are genuinely friendly and polite almost to the point of overkill!

Stayed on the 6th floor facing I-95 and the water behind the hotel. The room was very comfortable and I always love Marriott beds. This was just a standard room but it was pretty generously size and I would estimate just over 400 sq. ft.

I am a huge believer in free Wi-Fi and I struggle with $11.95 per day as a service fee. I brought my laptop but just used my iPhone instead for information ranging from restaurant recommendations to the SunFest events.

The pool was great and there is also a jacuzzi. My group had picked up some beer (cans and bottles) and the security guys who patrol the pool area made us get rid of ours saying there were was no food or drink allowed on the pool deck. This made no sense as there is a phone poolside to call for room service to the pool. Hmmm.... The security guys said that room service food and drink is ok. Though I didn't like their message I have to admite they were as polite as could be.

The Bistro restaurant serves good food albeit at high prices. Loved the breakfast buffet and did that every day. There is a great egg station with lots of choices for omlettes and the like. They had a couple of interesting sausage selections each day which were tasty!

The hotel offered free shuttle service to SunFest. I never had to use a cab. That was nice! We ate at Rocco's Taco's downtown one night which was amazing food as well!

The bar seating is a bit tight for Happy Hour but it made for a lively time. The Coffee Bar should be moved elsewhere to free up some space.

I would definitely return to this hotel!

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank BigBlueiFlorida
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed April 6, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel for a conference. The location was good, across the street and train tracks from the performing arts center, and about 1.75 miles from the beach. The streets surrounding the hotel were very busy with lots of traffic, so walking from the hotel to these areas took a long time. The staff were nice, helpful, and allowed me to check in early - which was very much appreciated.

The conference rooms were ok - however, the workers were very loud and disrupted our meeting several times - we had to ask them to be quiet several times. It was especially loud when setting up for a wedding (music playing ,etc) in an adjacent room. The food was very average and not as good as other Marriotts I have been at.

Overall, it was a decent stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank LukesDad
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 14, 2011

The rooms are average but the pool is wonderful! I traveled with a large group; we enjoyed the convenience of the dowtown location and took advantage of the clean and sizeable pool/jacuzzi. The Marriott is walking distance to CityPlace and a long walk/short drive to Palm Beach Island. The desk staff was helpful and accommodating and the rooms were always well taken care of by the housekeeping staff. For a bigger room and nicer in-room amenities I would stay at Hyatt Place (right up the street).

PROS: Pool, Nice Fitness Room, Starbucks/Bistro located in the hotel, free parking, hotel attached to conference center, close to CityPlace, local shuttle service.

CONS: No microwaves, min-fridges were very small, there was no free WiFi (BEWARE of hidden fees), walls are thin (you can hear everything in the hallways/adjoining rooms.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank knightmaroon
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed March 12, 2011

no complimentary water, no minibar, no free internet, cancel fee when you arrive after midnight, few people at main desk, no hotel overview map (where is the gym?), no main light switch for main room, very poor experience

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank misc030
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed January 25, 2011

This hotel is like any other Marriott Hotel. It is in a perfect location and the quality of the rooms and the service is superb. The hotel is right across from the Kravis Performing Arts Center. You can walk to it and also you can catch the free trolley from the front of the Kravis Center. The trolley goes all over town.

Hotel room is nice. We got an awesome room with a view of the lake behind the hotel. It was a prime spot for catching the sunset too. My only complaint is the bathroom as I felt it was a bit dated and did not go with the entire room.

All the basic amenities were there. So a good value for the amount of money that you pay! Room service was great too!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple