“Average - Adequate and Clean” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites West Palm Beach I-95

La Quinta Inn & Suites West Palm Beach I-95
Ranked #25 of 35 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Spring Branch, Texas
“Average - Adequate and Clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Pluses: Location was good - right off I-95 and close to Okeechobee Blvd. Plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. Probably a good hotel for business travelers. Our room was clean and comfortable. Staff courteous. Brightside breakfast okay. I saw bagels, cereal, hardboiled eggs, waffles, orange juice, coffee.

Negatives: No outdoor entrance to room, which is my personal preference. All rooms open off interior hallways. Hallways were dingy looking and need paint and new carpeting. Air in our room smelled stale. I couldn't open a window to allow fresh air in. Not enough parking. Hard to find a spot. Pool very uninviting. No landscaping to speak of - adjoins parking lot. No ice machine on our floor. We had to go down to the first floor to find one.

Room Tip: Even though we were off a busy street and very close to I-95, I found the room to be very quiet. We...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Genevieve5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Cocoa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Paid by cash on day three of a four day stay, Now 30 days later they cannot "find" any evidence of that happening. Have to drive over two hours back there to "prove" I paid my bill in cash. What a rip off. 371.00 on my credit card when it was already paid in cash!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Staff was friendly enough, but the hotel is not in very good shape. Supposedly I was on a non-smoking floor, but the carpet near the bed, plus the stuffed chair, had 20+ cigarette burns. Additionally, the next day my clothes smelled of smoke. The room was only just clean--everything at the hotel seemed "tired" and in need of a good cleaning and painting. It was inexpensive for W. Palm Beach, but more than it was worth anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We were there for spring training March 2013. Prices per night 114/tx. What you get for that...the room while non smoking now still, smells stale with a hint of smoke. The ventilation was a wall unit in the room. There is no fan in the bathroom. The walls are thin, the first night we heard a family dispute/party until one am...not next door but 4 doors down on the other side of the hallway. The second night we heard more of an adult situation either above us or next to us. This forced us to keep the wall unit on to get atleast a decent muffler. The bed did not have a comforter but to sheets with a blanket pretending it was a sheet in the middle of it. The TV while flat screen was about a 30inch.... If you have to scrape your pennies...do so and find a better hotel. The hotel is dilapidated, old carpet, old smell, sketchy elevators. And if you dont get to the breakfast buffet by 7...forget anything but a waffle...muffins gone bagels gone fruit gone...no one refreshing them.

Room Tip: Just find a better hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 391ginam
Northwest Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Probably wouldn't be my first choice, but we like to travel with our dogs whenever possible. The front desk staff are very nice and helpful. We haven't noticed the noise from the street nor has the air conditioner bothered us at all. The room is very generously sized and fairly updated and clean. The only thing we noticed that was on the verge of intolerable was the trash that was everywhere on the grounds. Both trash cans outside the front door were overflowing for two days before they were emptied. The pool area was completely trashed with beer cans, overflowing trash bins and even left-behind underwear (ew!). It's too bad as the front entrance is attractive and without all the trash everywhere would be quite nice. I would stay here again due to the room accommodations being adequate. Perhaps they recently lost some staff that caused such lax groundskeeping.

Stayed April 2013
1 Thank snb4393
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Things missing from room, not enough towels. Service sucks. Called the receptionest for towels and no answer I had to walk to front desk twice and they were there the whole time. to get the things I was missing from my room. For the price that I paid it was not worth it. Could of stayed in a better place. Everytime I stay here its worse. Will not stay again no more chances !!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Münster, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Yes, this Hotel is reasonably priced at around $ 120 per room, compared to other hotels in Florida. But that's 120 too much! First of all, I doubt that anyone has ever slept a minute in this hotel. It is the noisiest place on earth, surrounded by three main streets, with paper walls and an air conditioning system that is louder than the launch of a space shuttle. Furthermore, the rooms are outdated, especially the dirty bathrooms. We had no hot water in the morning and called the front desk. "Well, the heating system went out overnight and there is nothing we can do. We are sorry. See you later". A horrible, horrible experience.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple