“Avoided the whole chain for the rest of my trip because of a bad experience”

La Quinta Inn & Suites West Palm Beach Airport
Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Griffith, Indiana
“Avoided the whole chain for the rest of my trip because of a bad experience”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

After reading all the bad reviews I'm really glad I didnt stay here! We had a coupon that are always "based on availabilty". But when I inquired I was told that they had those rooms available but not at that price.Because it was getting late and there werent many left I couldnt get it for the coupon price.It would be around $30 more for the same room!! The Holiday Inn nearby not only honored my coupon but was friendly,clean and Very nice and updated on EVERYTHING

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed August 29, 2012

First of all, I am writing this review on behalf of my mother and I. In general, my mother's and my stay at La Quinta was a good one. The employees were quite nice.
The breakfast had frosted flakes, but then they switched to corn flakes and "raisin brand flakes" on our last day there. I do believe that having frosted flakes throughout the week would be a better choice .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed here one night for business and was unimpressed. The location is decent however the building itself felt old. In my room, the baseboards seemed optional as they were missing in random places. The bathroom had evidence of a water leak that had not been properly dealt with as there was mold on the wall. I had to utilize the "business center" to print out something last minute for my meeting and was directed to a converted room where someone was - possibly inappropriately - using the en suite bathroom. Breakfast was included but I am not a breakfast eater.

Overall I am happy I did not have to pay for this room. My stay wasn't horrible but at the same time I could not wait to return home and take a shower.

Room Tip: choose another property
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I was a little worried about staying at LQ after reading the reviews but I stayed there recently and Allie was great. The whole staff was wonderful. In one of the rooms I was in the AC was not working I called the desk and I was able to immediately move to another room. Which this room the AC worked great. The hotel is clean, a small pool their. It was quite at the hotel. There was no problems with parking or anything else. Keep up the good work Lq.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I would like to give a special Thanks to Gene Hoyle and Front Desk Manager Allia for making my trip to Florida this year great! The General Manager Dave Largen should be very proud of his staff for making sure that the rooms are clean and the breakfast food is fresh and that the front desk is representing his hotel with the courtesy and hospitality.
Thank You!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Very nice hotel, very well kept , the breakfast buffet was great and the hotel staff was very nice and helpful. Conveniently located to many things and it was very easy to get around the area. The only thing I am not happy about is the fact that I have to use one hundred characters to write this review when I was able to do it with less. You probably lose a lot of reviews because of that requirement.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family