“Wonderful Hotel”

Residence Inn West Palm Beach
Ranked #21 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed April 4, 2014

This is the second year that my husband and I have had an extended stay at this hotel and we were again extremely pleased. Dan Patino, the General Manager, couldn't have been nicer and went out of his way several times to accommodate us. Maria,the housekeeping coordinator, was very helpful also. Everyone at the front desk was sweet and friendly all the time. The hotel in general had a warm feeling, and our room was comfortable with all the amenities we needed for our four week stay.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Stayed nearly a dozen nights at this property, and was a little disappointed. It's getting " long in tooth " for a Residence Inn. Everything was "adequate" but nothing exceptional. Breakfast was the best. Carpet in our room actually dirtied white socks in a day, towel bars fell off the walls; there were only four lounge chairs around the small pool. Staff was not very outgoing or friendly.;
All this is unusual for a Residence Inn. Fine for a shorter stay, but not when it's your "home" for over a week.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Dan P, General Manager at Residence Inn West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Good day Vettemike and thank you for writing about your stay hee at the Residence Inn. It troubles me to hear that your stay was not up to par when our main priority is to provide outstanding service with a clean and comfortable accomodations. I would like to find out a little more about your stay and ask that you either call or email me at your convenience to discuss further. I will provide my phone number and email address below. I would like the opportunity to make this right.

dan.patino@marriott.com
561-687-4747 x405

Reviewed March 25, 2014

The check in was good and the gentlemen were very friendly. After check in my children wanted to go in the pool. Come to find out there was a big group from the North traveling together who pretty much took over the pool area with there drinking, etc I did not appreciate them telling me that my kid could not join me in the hot tub when both my husband and I were present. The sign stated no children under 12 in the hot tub unless with adult supervision. I was angry because we did nothing wrong while at the same time these people had glass alcohol bottles around the pool which were not allowed. They were the ones who were breaking the rules. I reported them to the management because at the rate I was paying for our room it was ridiculous that they got away with taking over the pool area! The bed I had was the worst bed out of 4 hotels that we stayed at during this vacation. It was worn out even though they said it was only 3 months old. It had absolutely no support and you could just roll out of it if you weren't careful. I would not stay here again due the beds being so uncomfortable. They did end up giving me a discount because the rate was extreme anyway being that it was Spring break so I did appreciate that. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Dan P, General Manager at Residence Inn West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with the Residence In West Palm Beach. I am in the process of investigating this issue with the managers that were on duty in order to make sure we have a fair and safe environment for all guests. Glass should never be at any pool and I thank you again for bringing this to our attention. I am glad that we were able to rebate some of the orice and that you found the cleanliness to be up to par. I would like to offer my information if you would like to discuss this further or if you think I may assist in any other way. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Chose this property because we were going to be in town for Cardinals spring training for a longer period of time and our RV was in the shop. We were welcomed by a bubbly front desk manager and a very helpful and accommodating General Manager named Dan. The grounds and every aspect of the property were clean and very well maintained. The landscaping is beautiful. They have a nice happy hour during the week and a hot breakfast in the mornings which gets you out the door. Even though it is right off of I-95 it felt very safe. There is a Wal-Mart within a mile if you want to fill up your car with the most reasonable fuel in town!

Room Tip: We were in a two bdrm suite on a high-floor which was very nice. We had our two small dogs with us...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Stayed here for 2 weeks when I first moved to west palm beach for work. Its conveniently located right by the interstate and 45th street. Serves you happy hour food and drinks Mon-Wed evenings and has a good variety of food for breakfast every morning. There is a cracker barrel within walking distance for dinner the other nights of the week.

I had my dog with me for the entire stay. There is supposed to be a pet fee, but i was never charged. The hotel is down a side road with other hotels and a small business park area. Plenty of real estate to take the dog for a walk. At no point did I feel i was in an unsafe area walking my dog. There is plenty of lighting and there isn't much traffic. I would always encounter someone else for a jog or walking their dog while I was out.

Rooms were very clean and well stocked. I didnt expect a full size fridge and utensils stocked, but the kitchen is fully usable. The evening manager or front desk attendant was so sweet and helpful. She got me whatever I needed. Really helped me have a pleasant stay. I had actually booked 1 week at the Red Roof down the street because the Residence Inn was full. So glad I made the switch to this hotel.

Room Tip: Stayed on the top floor, very quiet. Take the stairs, the elevator runs very slowly.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Dan P, General Manager at Residence Inn West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Hello Alison,

I want to say thank you for your kind words about your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you stay was a pleasant one and will be sharing your response with the staff. Please feel free to contact me personally should the need arise in the future.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed here recently to avoid a late-night drive home. I was pleasantly surprised to see a variety of families and their pets out and about - all quiet, responsible pets and owners too! As an animal lover, I could not ask for a more homey feeling.

We don't like to breakfast in the lobby but I went and grabbed some fruit and muffins for us in the morning, and it looked like a good crowd. Definitely go early if you have food preferences, because by 10 pickins were slim.

Leah at the front desk was friendly, helpful, and an asset to the hotel. Thanks for a great guest experience!

Room Tip: If you have a pet ask for first floor near exit - faster to walk and don't have to deal with sta...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Dan P, General Manager at Residence Inn West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves in making every guest feel welcome and being an extended stay property we try and invite our guests to join the family while they are with us. I will make sure to pass along your wonderful comments to our staff during our next emplyee meeting.

Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

My wife and I decided on a Florida vacation for Christmas. Since the weather can be unpredictable and I had a couple of free night awards from Marriott, we decided to stay at the Residence Inn for part of our trip (before moving next door to the Homewood Suites). The location of the hotel worked great for us. It’s next to I-95 and just one exit away from Blue Heron Road and the Singer Island beaches. It’s also just two exits north of City Place with the shopping, movies, and restaurants.

The room was nice and big with a studio apartment feel to it. There’s a full kitchen but we weren’t on vacation to cook and didn’t use it. Since our room was near the rear of the hotel, it was nice to be able to park in back and enter from a side door instead of having to go through the lobby each time.

The hotel is “pet friendly” so you can expect to hear an occasional dog bark. It was never an issue at night though.

The complimentary breakfast was nothing to write home about but it was free.

Would I stay there again? Probably, but I’m more a fan of Courtyard by Marriott than their Residence Inn brand.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple