“Great Hotel”

Residence Inn West Palm Beach
Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for three and a half weeks between Feb. and March. We were extremely pleased with the hotel and the services provided. The staff was very friendly and helpful. If a problem arose and something needed to be fixed, it was done immediately. We would certainly stay here again.
Barbara, New Jersey

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan P, General Manager at Residence Inn West Palm Beach, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Barbara,

I would like to thank you for writing this great review about our hotel and also let you know what a pleasure it was hosting you guys. We can't wait to have you with us again next year and wish you all the best for the remainder of 2013.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Near the route 95, Melgen Retina Eye Center and other hospitals. We rented it at a competitive price on february. Great breakfast, better than other near hotels where we have been before. Good option.

• Stayed February 2013
Dan P, Manager at Residence Inn West Palm Beach, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you so much for writing this review . It is always nice to hear positive feedback from our guests. We hope to see you again soon and thank you so much for your business.
MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a few nights in February. We found the hotel and room to be very clean, nicely decorated and reasonable priced. The bed was comfy. Especially liked sittng out by the firepit and pool late in the day. My husband enjoyed the breakfasts, though not very much fresh fruit available. Also partook in the soial hour. Good deal. It was very quiet in the room, couldn't hear the traffic outside.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Old Bridge, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at this Residence Inn because it was very reasonably priced for a suite hotel during the winter season and I've always had good luck at Marriott branded hotels. Full breakfasts were very convenient and we also participated in one of the free weeknight dinners offered. The dining area was large enough that we always found an empty table, even though the hotel was full. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable, although I would have liked a king bed rather than a queen.. I enjoyed sitting outside around the firepit near the pool in the evening. Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan P, General Manager at Residence Inn West Palm Beach, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your kind review and for taking the time to comment on your stay. We are all very happy to hear that we were able to provide a clean and comfortable hotel for you. I appreciate the feedback and will be passing your comments along to our entire staff. Have a great day, and thank you for your business.
Bay Shore, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is a very typical Marriott Residence Inn Property. They are are pretty good for quality and value but this one is better than most. The guest rooms have been redone and nicely appointed. The two bedroom suites are the best value. With the price, comes a full breakfast with cereals, eggs, breakfast meats, waffles, bagels, sweet rolls and more; all self serve. They also have a 'social hour in the afternoon. Service is very good. They don't have a large parking lot so finding a space could be a challenge. Their exercise room has two treadmills, an elliptical, and a stationary bike. All equipment is new. One caution; they do allow dogs in the rooms. If you have an allergy, be sure to let them know when you register to get a room that has been 'dog free'.

Room Tip: No real views from any room but you may not want something on the first floor near the pool.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dan P, General Manager at Residence Inn West Palm Beach, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to write a review about our hotel. We always welcome any comments that our guests leave for us and I personally share them during our morning meetings so that the staff is aware of the great job that they did.

Have a wonderful day, and thank you for your business.
New Hampshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

During my recent visit to West Palm Beach, I stayed at this hotel and would have left if the other places in the area were not so expensive. The hotel is seriously run down-stained carpets, holes in the walls. The windows in my room were so filthy I could barely see out. At any time of day or night, as you walked through the halls there were bags of garbage piled outside of multiple doors. The parking lot toward the back of the hotel was poorly lit and I was concerned going in and out at night. There were little bugs crawling on the floor in the kitchen and bathroom. The coffee maker in the room was caked with white scale. Finally, on my last day, although I had the do not disturb sign on the door, housekeeping knocked loudly to see if they could get in and clean the room. This was at 9 am.

The only positive was that the staff were all friendly and helpful. But this place is in need of some serious work.

Room Tip: Be aware that the hotel is next to the highway and there is major road noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank DressageQueen
Dan P, General Manager at Residence Inn West Palm Beach, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
I would like to apologize first and foremost for the condition of the room that you stayed in while a guest at my hotel. There should never be issues concerning cleanliness in a guest room and I know that you have come to expect more from Marriott. Thank you so much for bringing these concerns to my attention and we have addressed them accordingly to avoid further concerns in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if there is anything else I may do to assist in this situation or if you find yourself in the West Palm Beach area again. I would love to invite you back as my guest.
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed at the Residence Inn Jan 26-Feb 1. As RI goes, the property itself was not one of the best, as if the required amenities required by corporate were kind of crammed in, forced; the breakfast... so so compared to other RI is have been in. Not as much fresh food, fewer options, less variety. The gym... was kind of "forced" with no weights. Despite all of this, service was good, staff was pleasant, they made the stay pretty relaxing. Location is good in that it's right off the N95. Rooms were clean and well maintained, so no complaints there.

Despite the actual property being a bit old and dated, the overall experience was quite good. Would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business