“Great for business or vacation”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Houston
“Great for business or vacation”
Reviewed February 19, 2010

I travel to the WPB area often for business. Staff is very friendly, Steve made it a point to get to know me. Good central location to downtown and airport. Will even be competitive on rates if other nearby hotels are lower. Free airport shuttle too.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Miami
Reviewed January 30, 2010

On Jan. 30, 2010, my family and I stayed at the Doubletree Hotel located at 1808 South Australian Avenue, West Palm Beach, Fl. for approximately 2.5 hours. While using the restroom we noticed that the sink was backed up. I call the front desk and spoke with a very unhelpful clerk (Tara) who had little or no concern for the safety of my family health. She was advised that the sink in our room was not draining properly. approximately 1 hour later someone was sent up to our room. That individual brought up a toilet plunger and handed to me.. I polite advised him I was not going to plunged the sink. He then being to work on the sink. As he worked on the sink and unbeknown substance (sewage) came up out of the sink. I then call the front desk about the the sink and needed another room which we were told none was available to fit our commendation and that we would have to wait until Monday to have the charges remove from our credit cards. I must say I then relocated my family to the Crowne Plaza Hotel. I will be sleep about the time you finish read this review.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
WPBdoubletree, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, February 8, 2010
We are so sorry that you experienced problems with your plumbing. After speaking with my staff, they did try to repair it for you, but were unable to do so. We did offer to change rooms for you, even asking you if you would like our 2 room suite. Unfortunately, you needed 2 beds and we were sold out of that room type. Your original reservation was for 1 king, which we did have. We strive to provide the best service of any West Palm Beach hotel, as you can see from the many good reviews. I am extremely sorry that you did experience problems. I can assure you that you were not charged for your room and we hope you give us another chance. Thank You!
Reviewed January 12, 2010

I was hoping that my visit to Florida would be a nice change from northeast chill. Instead, they're in the middle of an unprecedented cold spell... But, luckily, everyone at the doubletree helped me feel cozy, comfy, and right at home. There are many hotel choices right by the airport, but from what I've seen and from what my coworkers tell me, this is the best. I couldn't figure out how to use the thermostat (I'm a technology dunce) but the woman at the front desk was very patient and helpful. I even got a follow up call from the manager to make sure that everything was perfect. The rooms are 5 star caliber. It was too cold to use the outdoor pool, but I could see it from the (awesome) fitness center, and I can't wait to try it out in a few months.

• Stayed January 2010
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed November 15, 2009

I went to Palm Beach for the first time, and had a terrible experience at the airport (they lost my bags) but the attentive staff and the Doubletree West Palm Beach turned my trip around and made it a wonderful experience. They were patient and helpful when I checked in even though my flight was delayed and I got in around midnight. I didn't have my bags for the first day, but they made sure that I had everything I needed to be comfortable. The rooms are much nicer than I expected and the bed was really comfortable and the hallway was quiet. I couldn't hear anything from the rooms around me. The outdoor pool is in a lovely garden setting - I went swimming as soon as I got my bags back. I wish there were more restaurants within walking distance, but they offer free shuttle service to CityPlace, which is only about 10 or 15 minutes away. The stores were a bit expensive for my taste but I walked around, grabbed food and that was pretty good for a change of pace. If I go to West Palm Beach again I'll definitely stay at the Doubletree.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed October 10, 2009

Forget the cookie that was not offered. The girl who "greeted me" did little more than take my credit card and ID. I just looked at her and said "anything else" to which she replied no. I ask "where do I park, where is my room, how do I get to it?" To which she replied, you can park anywhere on the property and the elevators are over there. WOW what service. Now before you think it was extemely late forget it. I got there around 8:30 at night. Room was nice; like any DoubleTree. Next morning I get up early and go to check out. Look over and notice there is a continental breakfast. I walk over and look at the menu. There is no mention of breakfast. Therefore I assume it is part of the room. A lady comes up and tells me she has a full service menu available. I turn it down and get coffee (in a paper cup) and bowl of cereal. When I finish she comes back and takes the bowl and drops off a bill. End of the story coffee and cereal costs me $9 (with tip). I questioned the waitress about it and she told me it was the job of the girl at the front desk to tell me there was a charge (yea that makes sense...I always ask the left hand what the right is doing???). BAD EXPERENCE. I gave it two stars because the bed if comfortable and that always gets points.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank pcoladawg
Andros Island Bahamas
Reviewed October 1, 2009

I spent nearly two weeks at this hotel during a training course in August. I was hesitant at first; the last time I stayed there it was still the Radisson, and not a pleasant experience. The Hilton company has completely turned that around! The room was wonderful; I had a mini-suite: living room w/sleeper sofa, TV, fridge, tile floor (!). The desk (which I used for hours at a time, studying) was very comfortable. Microwaves are available on request; the only downside is that I had to put it on the floor, but it was still out of the way. Free Wi-Fi, with pretty decent connection speed. The bathroom was good-sized, the shower was *awesome*, and the bath amenities were above the usual. The bed was wonderfully comfortable, and there was a separate TV in the bedroom (bedroom is carpeted, by the way). I must say I didn't care for the restaurant food...but it's the usual hotel fare (high prices, mediocre food) but there are many restaurants (sit-down and fast food) within a 3-mile radius. Housekeeping was excellent, as was the service at the front desk (cold drinks and snacks available at their 'pantry'). I didn't use the exercise room but did take a look; very nicely appointed. The pool is a little small, but very pleasant and pretty. The price for the room was incredible; I got a great AAA rate (under $100/night, off-season of course). Overall, I can highly recommend this hotel to business travelers, as well as those on leisure travel (singles, couples, and families).

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank libngeorge
Maryland
Reviewed September 3, 2009

I come into the West Palm Beach region frequently for business, so I've stayed at most of the hotels near the airport at one time or another. The Doubletree by the airport is definitely the best value. I'm a very nit-picky person, and it's great to find a hotel where the management and staff care as much about every little detail as I do. The rooms are spotless and always smell fresh, the pool is beautiful and lush, and the lobby is really unique. If I need something or forget something, someone on staff goes out of their way to help me. Plus, the free airport shuttle saves me a lot of hassle. I'm happy to have one less thing to worry about when I'm down there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business