“Decent Hotel for the price with helpful shuttle” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Tallahassee, United States
“Decent Hotel for the price with helpful shuttle”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

This hotel is nice. I didn't get the cot we needed for an extra person and he ended up sleeping on the floor. The front desk told me they don't have cots/extra mattresses. The shuttle was real nice and they gave us a ride to a wedding reception.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jason P, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Lance D,

Thank you for the feedback and the review! I am sorry you were not advised when making the reservation that we do not have any roll away beds and I hope your guest was able to use the pull out sofa bed. I am glad to hear we were able to offer you a ride to the wedding and I hope you enjoyed yourself! Thanks again!

Jason Peoples

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Key West, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed here for a couple nights, the hotel is not located within walking distance of any restaurants but the shuttle to City Place makes up for that. The exterior and interior are showing wear and there were these weird black clusters (dirt?, bugs?) all along the corners of our room near the ceiling. This didn't bother us that much, I just found it kind of strange. The beds are very comfy and the pool area is nice, but overall it was not a memorable stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear BAE2013A,

Thank you for the honest feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that while you enjoyed your stay, we failed to make it a “memorable” one. I would like to hear what we could have done different to make this experience more memorable. Please feel free to reach out to me directly, I would love to hear any additional feedback you may have.

Detroit, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

Thank you for providing great personal treatment to weary traverlers. We traveled all night it seemed, when we got to the hotel it was very late. The Front Desk staff knew to expect us, checked us in and got us to our room in no time. The room was clean, comfortable and just what we needed after being in the car for a long time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Yajuanna F,

Thank you for the 5 Star review! We greatly appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

I would say that for the price and location in proximity to my meeting, this hotel could not be beat. the desk Staff were very friendly to my arrival at 1:00 AM. The Ease and friendliness of their assistance made the experience tolerable. My checkout experience was friendly as well. Thank you!

Dear Denise_Mike,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the great review! It is amazing to hear from our guests that our service doesn’t change even at 1:00 in the morning!

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through or to West Palm Beach. A tad tricky to get to but when you do you will love it. The staff is excellent and the rooms are plush. I had a great rate and I felt I was in a 5 star hotel. My assessment is The Double Tree West Palm Airport is THE BOMB!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jason P, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Triptogram,

Awesome Review! Thanks for the 5 star rating! While we are told we are somewhat of a “hidden gem”, we are working with the city on getting additional signage on S. Australian Ave to help with your concern. Next time stay and relax a while instead of just passing through!

Washington, DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

I checked into this hotel for one night, with another stay planned in a few nights, as it's very close to Palm Beach International Airport (PBI). I was a bit leery when pulling up as it's surrounded by office buildings and looks a tad worse for wear. The lobby was clean, but dark, and the elevators were quite slow. The hallway on floor five smelled a bit like smoke, although it's a non-smoking hotel.
My assigned room (529) was clean, but in need of a refresh. The furnishings were drab and scratched, but the mattress was comfortable. The lighting was very yellow, and contributed to a rather dull appearance. The toilet cover was very loose, and the bath mirror was fall apart on the bottom and bottom corners. The AC unit also rattled off and on. It sounded like loose plastic. Needless to say, I cancelled my future reservation later in the week, and have reserved at another hotel that is newer, although still a Hilton property, as that is my preference these days. As I always like to end on a positive note, the fitness center was well equipped, the bed was very comfortable, and the mini-fridge and free wifi were both a nice benefit. I also enjoyed the professionalism of the front desk staff.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the highway are likely much quieter (entrance side).
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jason P, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Scott M,

Thank you for this very helpful feedback. We are currently planning a renovation which will address all of your comments. I am sorry you were subject to the smoke smell on the 5th floor. While we advise all our guests we are 100% non-smoking, once in a while a guest will test our policy and are stuck paying a steep fine for doing so. The lighting issues will also be resolved by replacing all lights with LED in the very near future. I apologize for the condition of some of the items in your room, regardless of renovation plans the AC should not be rattling and I will get that taken care of tonight. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your bed and fitness center and it is always a pleasure to hear how well our staff treats our guests. Thanks again for the review and I hope in the future you will decide to give us another chance to earn your business and provide the amenities and services you expect and deserve.

Oldsmar, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Great Location for working from West Palm to be able to work the area orth to Jupiter and South to Boca Raton. Easy access to and from intersate, the airport, closs to City Center and restaurants. Price was a bit high for the night we stayed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Patrick N,

Thank you for the great review! I am happy to hear the location helps make our hotel you first pick for your business traveling needs! I hope you took advantage of the complimentary shuttle service to City Place to enjoy your time while not at work! Hope to see you again soon!