“Needs to be refurbished”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Redwood City, California
“Needs to be refurbished”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Convenient to the airport with a free shuttle. Got a good rate at the hotel during the Palm Beach marathon weekend. The pictures on the web site make the hotel look much nicer than it is. It is seriously dated. The walls are very thin. Could hear the people above us walking around all night and doors down the hall slamming shut. Tiny bathroom. The price is right, but would have been willing to pay $10-20 more for a nicer and quieter place. That being said, if you are a hard sleeper and want a cheep overnight, this would be ok. I am Hilton gold, which got us a free breakfast buffet.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank DC_Gale
Jenny F, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Hi DC_Gale,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the DoubleTree West Palm Beach! We appreciate the feedback we receive from our guests and take these reviews seriously.

We hope you chose to stay with us again so we can earn your 5-star review.

Thank you from all of us at the DoubleTree West Palm Beach!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Indian Wells, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed for 6 weeks at the beginning of the year and when I returned in November for a few nights I was reminded how wonderful the staff is. They all remembered me, many remembered my name and they all seemed truly happy to see me again. Whether or not they really were doesn't matter; what really matters is how good I felt as soon as I walked in the door. The place could use a little work but its definetly clean and well maintained. Yet, even if it doesn't happen anytime soon I will return to the hotel again and again.

Room Tip: Most definitely don't get a room on the highway!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jenny F, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Hi Fernie202,

What a fantastic review! Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the DoubleTree West Palm Beach! We are glad we could make your stay here an enjoyable one, and we hope to see you back here soon.
Albany, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

Nice place , nice pool, however we may not return. Housekeeping was rather inadequate. We stayed 5 nights. The second night we returned to our room at 8:30 pm to find that housekeeping had not done anything in our room. When we called the desk we were asked if we still "wanted it". The next night I had to go down to the desk with a list of items that housekeeping had not given us. (they had given us 2 towels, nothing else). One other eve I had to go to the desk because housekeeping left no coffee creamers, minor but yet another trip to the desk. This time I was told that I could get creamers in the bar area. The lack of such basic service leads me to look elsewhere next time. There are many other options available.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jenny F, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We have reviewed each of your comments regarding your visit with us at the Doubletree by Hilton West Palm Beach Airport. We take all comments seriously and sincerely appreciate all of the feedback that we can get. I do apologize for the inconveniences of your stay and we are working diligently to be the best facility possible, making feedback such as yours extremely beneficial.

Thank you again for your comments.
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

My family came with great expectations from viewing the images from the online gallery. We reserved of the two bed room as shown on website which claimed to include sleepnumber beds. We arrived and was disappointed from the time we walked in the room. We got our two bed rooms, but one bed was a pull out bed from the couch ( which was very uncomfortable ). There was no Jet bath tub as shown in the picture and also, the room smelled very unpleasant. As my family walked through the hallways, the staff, especially the housekeepers, were very unwelcoming. They didn't smile, even respond when I said "good day". Other than the bad service and rooms, my experience was a 3 out of 10. My family was very disappointed and my back still hurts from the bed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jenny F, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear GeoffreyT90,

We at the Doubletree West Palm Beach would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your room type error. On our property, only the executive suites have jet tubs, so we are sorry for any miscommunication and this will be addressed to the staff.

Again, we apologize that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us. Our guests are our number one priority, and we always want to make your experience the best it can be.

From the DoubleTree West Palm Beach
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

We have stayed here numerous times and each time has been an wonderful experience. The staff is incredibly wonderful. They go over and beyond your expectations from the van drivers, waitstaff to the front desk staff which makes for a pleasant stay. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Fran F,

The entire staff sends a big 'Thank You' for a fantastic review of the DoubleTree Hotel West Palm Beach! We are glad you choose to stay with us during your travels, and we are please we have been able to exceed your expectations each time.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed at the DT next to PBI airport twice in the last week. Yesterday checked in and was upgraded to executive suite (booked jr suite) as a hilton diamond. Very large room, separate bedroom and two bathrooms in suite. Clean, but fairly dated room. Breakfast was good, but service very slow.

Last Friday stayed here as well. Booked and received standard king room, no upgrade. Breakfast was typical doubletree fare, although service was pretty slow. Overall, would come back due to great rate compared to other airport hilton properties.

On both stays, front desk staff was great.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

It was an excellent stay..this hotel is amazing .the housekeeping was great ..the employees were friendly. I would definitely go back to this hotel with my whole family.my room was really clean because the housekeeping did an amazing job. The cookies are so delicious I mean what a nice way to welcome the guests. I went home with the cookies and my kids wanted to go to the hotel just for the cookies. So I told them you should meet their staff ..you'll felt in love with the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
Jenny F, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Hi Claire1993,

Thank you for your 5-star review of the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel in West Palm Beach! The staff and I are so pleased you enjoyed your stay!

We are glad you and your family found our cookies to be delicious and hope to see you again in the future!