“Hilton in name only.. for overnight stays only” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
sydney
“Hilton in name only.. for overnight stays only”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

This was my first experience of staying at a Doubletree so perhaps I had unrealistic expectations - however the standard of this hotel is way below even the most basic Hilton property. For over $200 night I expected more than a tired 2 star motel on the freeway with almost no amenities. The hotel is between an office park on one side and a freeway on the other and at night is spooky with nowhere to go or sit. The interior is depressing with gloomy hallways a drab and an open lobby area with poor lighting that felt unclean and unsafe. To be fair the room itself while basic was comfortable enough and clean but once agin furnishings felt drab and old. Cabs are nowhere to be seen and I had to wait a very long tome until one was called. Staff were friendly enough but to be fair had no facilities to offer and were quite aggressive in insisting I fill out a survey and award a score of 10.I left as soon as I could and for only $20 more stayed at the oceanfront Hilton Singer Resort 20 minutes away which was more like the Hiltons I have been accustomed to. I can understand that a business person would stay at this hotel overnight but I am amazed that anybody would chose to stay at this hotel for a longer Florida beach holiday.

Room Tip: Stay away from highway facing rooms
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank umgeni
00jayp00, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Dear Umgeni,

I am terribly sorry that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. Your expectations were definitely not unrealistic, a clean, safe, comfortable Hotel is what you should expect from the DoubleTree brand. I only wish the beach was closer than 3.5 miles and we had more amenities to offer you in addition to our pool and hot tub, fitness center and restaurant/lounge. It is for this reason that we do provide complimentary shuttle service to City Place, a massive outdoor area packed with shopping, restaurants, entertainment and nightlife. It doesn’t seem you were notified about this as I am sure you would have enjoyed it. From your comments, it sounds like the Front Desk staff was too busy trying to solicit positive survey scores instead of finding out the guest’s needs and accommodating them which would make solicitation unnecessary altogether and for that I apologize. I can assure you I will be speaking to them immediately. We do take our guests comments seriously and will keep your suggestions in mind when we plan our next upgrade projects. We greatly appreciate it. I am glad to hear that while you did not enjoy the décor of the rooms, you did find them clean and comfortable. Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Atlanta, Ga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

Hotel is located close to the airport and to downtown for those there on business. It is your average Doubletree with the cookie at check-in and clean, comfortable rooms. The buffet breakfast was good and there was plenty. The parking was well lit and safe. Not sure what the other reviews were talking about. My room was on the side that faced the office park so I did not hear any highway noise.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side facing the office park are quieter
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bulldog1982
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

As soon as my fiance and I got there we were greeted with exceptional customer service and the best chocolate chip cookie you'll ever eat. When we got to the room as layed on the bed... Heaven! One of the managers Harland was very nice & helpful. We will be staying there again!

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank ness2487
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

My husband and I wanted a weekend alone with each other and chose the Doulbletree Hotel in West Palm Beach. We had a great time. The service was exceptional starting from the check-in desk to our room. The room was very comfortable and cozy like home. The staff was very friendly...we were welcomed with warm delicious cookies. Emmanuel has a great personality, he met us with a warm smile. Gurda checked us in with smile also. Sharon was our host in the dining room each morning and oh what a lovely personality she has. Very friendly and ready to assist us while we ate that delicious buffet breakfast. We had a great weekend and would recommend this hotel to our friends and families anytime. The location was great, close to City Place where we were able to go shopping, transported by the shuttle bus. We will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: All rooms are great and comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Elizabeth D
00jayp00, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Dear Elizabeth D,

You are too kind! I think I can speak for all of us here when I say thank You for staying with us, and it was our pleasure having you. I will let the mentioned employees know they need to read this one for themselves!

Thanks again!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

As a consultant, I do an extensive amount of work related traveling. When I called from the airport, the shuttle arrived in less than 10 mins. That was a pleasant surprise since I have stayed in many hotels that are close to the airport and I have had my share of transportation related issues. Also, the shuttle driver was hilarious...which really helped me unwind after a 6 hour flight. When I arrived to the hotel everyone was welcoming, polite, and professional. The room was very clean and I was greeted everytime I walked through lobby. My stay was excellent. I definitely plan to stay here again the next time I have to come to West Palm Beach.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Maxwell J
Dear Maxwell J,

It makes me very proud to hear you were treated so well at our property! Thank you for taking the time to point this out and give credit to the employees who made your stay more enjoyable. I will be sure to pass the message along. See you soon!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

My family and I stayed here recently. Our entire stay was great from beginning to end. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The hotel itself was very clean and well-kept. We have done alot of traveling throughout the years and you can really tell when the management really cares about the property and guests.

P.S.- Our kids absolutely LOVED the cookies.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
00jayp00, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful survey! This is easily becoming my favorite part of the day :)
Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2012

I must say the service was awesome. The staff was very accomodating.. The room was average no major bells or whistles. The wall air conditioner unit was ridculously noisy. Our room was facing interstate 95....you could hear the big semi trucks passing by. If you need complete quite while sleeping...this place is not for you. However, I was able to sleep over the noise.
On another note, I can't honestly say I would stay at a Hilton chain hotel again. I was very upset because I discovered that my Hiltons reward card had been cancelled. I called the 1800 number and was told the card was cancelled due to inactivity. I travel quite frequently and always stay at a hilton chain hotel. I had just stayed in a hilton in San Franciso just two months proir to this trip. They had no record of any of my trips within the last few years.I have been a member since 2007 and have accumulated thousands of points and have recieved free hotel stays, breakfasts through the years. The lady suggested that I call after every trip and make sure I am given points for staying at one of their hotels. Also, to make sure I actually present the rewards card each time. I do not have time to babysit Hilton to make sure they have given me points. Hilton...should have a universal system that automatically gives points regardless of whether you present the card or not. I was told that all of my points have been taken and they can only give me back 2500 points back and if I travel within the next 30 days they will give me another 3500. Give me a break...if you aren't going to have the proper technique to keep up with the times then don't offer reward programs. If you can get rewards then there really is no point in me staying at your hotels.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank goldengoddess15
00jayp00, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Dear Goldengoddess15,

Thank you for the kind words, I will be sure to post this for the staff to see that their dedication to customer service pays off!

Regarding your subsequent comments, please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay at our hotel. We are currently in the process of changing out the older AC units and replacing them with new ones that are much more conducive of a good night’s sleep. Most of the old ones have been replaced already so thank you for letting us know we missed one. Also, regarding your Hilton Honors account, I know that after 1 year of inactivity your account will be deactivated. However, I have made a few calls for you and if you can call 1-800-446-6677 (Hilton Honors Support) and provide your account # and the name of the hotel you stayed at in San Francesco two months ago along with the arrival or departure date, they can reactivate your account and get you your points back as long as there was not 12 months between that stay and the previous stay. If there is anything else o can do to help please call the hotel and let me know, I would be more than happy to fight for you!

Regards,