“You'll Be Amazed”

Hilton Palm Beach Airport
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I"m always delighted to review a hotel like this particular Hilton. There is no question about it - this Hilton is different! From the General Manager down - they want to be the very best hosts...and they are shining stars! Of particular interest were the number of employees that always seemed eager to make my stay a little better -- and they were genuinely asking to make it better.

The hotel is immaculately clean, and very well appointed. The rooms are well kept, and the housekeepers are excellent. I was in room 911 (yeh - I know) and it was quiet, even on the airport side. The pool area was always neat and clean. All employees stop to pick up trash and straighten up -- very impressive. The Tiki Bar staff made everyone feel like guests in their home. The fitness center was well stocked with free weights & cardio equipment. The front desk staff is among the best I've ever encountered.

The one thing I would suggest is that you view the buffet breakfast before ordering. It wasn't always what I believe should be the Hilton level of quality.

I also had an issue needing to extend my reservation. It just so happens the hotel was already booked. In most cases the hotel would have been apologetic, but "unable to assist" me. After explaining the emergency need to extend my stay - they worked a little magic, and were able to accommodate me. It was a very nice thing to do - when they could have walked away.

One final thing that I would mention is that management cares, and is fully engaged at this hotel. That makes a significant difference in how the hotel receives its guests - and how sincerely it is perceived. I happened to meet one of the corporate managment team during this stay, and am not surprised at how well this hotel operates. This is obviously a top down driven philosophy of customer service, with delivery of Hilton quality as the ultimate objective. They do very well at this endeavor!

I know I've gushed over this one, but it deserves it. It is part of my philosophy that if you're going to complain when it's wrong - be prepared to deliver the compliments when it is done right. I've been here for 3 weeks, and they keep doing it right every day!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

My stay was in conjunction with a Peninsula Travel Show. The hotel was well-appointed with
the finest furnture, carpets and fixtures. Amenities provided were above average. Restaurants and in-room dining offered excellent choices and fair prices. I will always stay with Hilton Hotels when I travel.

Room Tip: Request king room with water view
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

This location was perfect as a business trip hotel. Most of the people staying at this location were there on business. Not very many families and hardly any children were present while i stayed. This hotel is less than a 5 minutes drive from the airport terminal at West Palm Beach. The place is very nice when walk in and the employees are very friendly. The rooms are are average sized but very clean and have a large flat screen TV. The hotel has great food at reasonable prices and the daily 3 hour happy hour at the pool bar is very good. There is a decent sized pool and hot tub which was never crowded. There is an inlet of water behind the hotel as well and u can watch people water ski and jet ski all day long from poolside.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Usually, I research where I'm staying very thoroughly, and since I would be spending a lot of time in my room this trip, I spent a bit more time looking into hotels. There were several contenders that fit the bill of clean, good beds, etc., but I booked at this location because of a teaser in the description of the room, "Our spacious one king bed guest rooms offer beautiful views of the heated pool/tiki bar, tranquil Lake Cloud or the impressive Palm Beach Skyline." Also, under "For Your Convenience" on the amenities list, "Ocean/Water View". This made my decision easy. Since I needed to be in my room to write and do work for several days, I would choose the hotel that offered these views since that's very important to me - a good bed, cleanliness, and a good view are my top criteria. I'm here now, and as I write this, I'm looking at a parking lot and the airport. Not the end of the world, but I would have booked at Hilton Gardens or Doubletree or somewhere else had Hilton not touted these views. I wanted to see Florida's terrain, not necessarily Florida's cars and airplanes.
Another odd thing, when I checked in at midnight last night, the front desk asked me if I was sharing a room, and then told me I had already checked in - which I hadn't, so perhaps the room I requested was given to someone else? I went to the front desk at 10 a.m. this morning to see if I could get a different room, front desk told me that if I were to change rooms then housekeeping would have to make my room as well as the other, I promised I would tip well to try to counter any inconvenience. She told me to check back at 3. So either I'm down there at 3, or stuck with the airport/parking lot view. Don't know whether to unpack or wait. Grrrrr!
PROS: Clean room; very comfortable bed; good Lavazza coffee in the room; spacious room
CONS: Parking lot view; front desk sort of helpful, but mostly seemed unable to rectify situation

Room Tip: Don't have one since choosing a room does not seem an option here.
1  Thank violet2001
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Visiting in WPB. Beautiful grounds and convenient location. Friendly and helpful staff. Very nice breakfast buffy. The room was clean and updated however it was extremely damp. Water was running down the inside windows with or without the A/C on. The only other inconvenience was the elevator. Both mornings we were there one of the elevators was not working. However, they were quick to respond and had it running within a short time.

Room Tip: Our room had safe deposit but no refrigerator. Unsure if this is provided with some rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2013

During a prior career, I had regularly attended meetings at the Palm Beach Airport Hilton and, consequently, became acquainted with the hotel and its amenities. More recently, I had to vacate my condominium due to renovations, and I chose this convenient, modern hotel to be my home-away-from-home for a few days. My spacious room featured a king-size bed and an LCD TV, as well as a work area with a large desk and chair where I set up my computer. (There was, of course, free WI-FI.) The mattress was comfortable, and the linens, which included a down comforter and an ample stack of pillows, were higher-end. A basket of fresh towels, an agreeable assortment of toiletries, and a hot soaking shower awaited me in the immaculately maintained bathroom. The windows were heavy, and the walls thick, so I was not bothered by vibration or noise from the airport. The primary restaurant, the Veranda, featured breakfast, lunch, and dinner but was over-priced. Luckily, cold bottled drinks, snack foods, and even boxed sandwiches were available at the newsstand in the lobby for an inexpensive, quick nosh. The hotel also had easy access by car or shuttle bus, as the property is virtually bounded by the PBI airport, Intestate-95 (running N / S), and State Hwy 98 (running E / W). In short, do not expect haute cuisine, a lavish spa, or an ocean view. Do expect all the comforts of home, basic business resources, and very convenient connections for travel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Rob_WPB
Reviewed February 2, 2013

great staff had some problems through no fault of there own. and they went over and above. would stay there anytime. Louis and Louie were the best they made my stay. awesome service and the food was great.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business