“This place has fantastic customer Service”

Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center
Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Gainesville, Florida
“This place has fantastic customer Service”
Reviewed October 25, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for 4 days in October of 2010. From the time we entered the hotel until the time we left, we were always treated very professionally. The front desk is top notch. The sleeping room was very clean. The restaurant had excellent food and the servers were outstanding.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 34242MarkGL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Korean first
Royal Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 17, 2010

I had my father stay at the hotel as there was not enough room at my home during his visit. I was pleasantly surpirsed by his comments as his new wife is very picky. They arrived early and there room was ready and checked in right away. He said every body was very helpful. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. They had the Breakfast Buffet every morning, They thought it was a great deal. I met them there the last night of there stay and we ended up having dinner in the lounge area, the Bartednder set us right up when we asked to see the Dinner Menu she told us we didn't have to go in the restaurant we could eat right there. It was steak night which was a bonus for me, My Father and new wife are light eaters at night, the menu had salads and sandwiches also, which made my Father very happy.

The Location was great for them and for me. The staff was very friendly which made it great for my Father and new wife who are in there 70's. Everybody seemed to know them by name which made them feel welcome and made me feel good about my decision.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, NC
Reviewed October 12, 2010

The hotel wasn't too bad for the money. It has a nice lounge area and a pool. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. The hotel is right off the turnpike, so the views weren't great, but it is a convenient location and a good price for Palm Beach.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Miami
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I'm not sure about the negative reviews posted here, but my experience was fine. I even extended my stay. Let me go into detail:

Driving up it may one can get the "oh no" feeling as the hotel is located between train tracks and I-95. However, I found it to be more of a little oasis, and hotel is clean and new-appearing with trees around it. I found it to be very quiet, never heard a train, and my room faced the tracks. I only saw a couple tri-rail (local commuter) trains use the tracks. Really it is nothing to worry about and I would stay here again. The location is very convenient to the air port and downtown. There are 11 floors so you can get better views higher up if you like, even an ocean view (at a distance).

Pros: Restaurant serves good food. I had fettuccine with chicken, Caesar salad, chicken marsala with garlic potatoes and fresh yellow squash and peppers, during my stay and all were great. There is a nice lounge/bar area behind reception and each room has a coupon for 20% off an appetizer. Room service is also quick and the food was hot. The beds are comfortable and the AC works very well. The shower has hot water and his/hers sinks in the bathroom. There is a mini fridge, microwave and coffee pot with accessories in the room. One side of the hotel has views to the ocean. There is plenty of parking with trees around, the property is nice. There is an outdoor pool and a gym with treadmill, elliptical and a couple other machines. There is a sauna as well as men's and women's changing rooms. The front desk staff did call after check in to see that all was satisfactory. I had one issue come up when no one cleaned my room one day (the day I extended my stay) and the front desk staff handled it immediately and sent someone up who did a very thorough job, sanitizing everything as well. The housekeeping supervisor even came by to check on me. The front desk sent and received faxes for me free of charge.

Cons: If you need to iron something the ironing board is not usable due to being made of criss-crossed metal that leaves a pattern on the shirt. The toilet paper is located in a very inconvenient place to the right and behind, such that I think an older person or someone with limitations would have difficulty reaching it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed July 21, 2010

After reading the reviews on travelocity, we booked a trip for our daughter and niece. We have used travelocity for many trips and have had pretty good luck. However, we were shocked by the state of the room versus the picture of the room on travelocity. The room is dirty and stained. We tried to get travelocity to help us move the girls to a different hotel or upgrade to a different room - but they were only able to talk to the front desk clerk - not a manager - and she said too bad. It was booked through travelocity on-line and they won't do a thing. Travelocity did tell us that the front desk clerk was nice on the phone.......The travelocity person also told us that we could write a complaint later to the customer relations person at travelocity after the girls came home from their trip.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed June 25, 2010

I'm still amazed this has happened. I stayed at this hotel for a night. In the morning, had breakfast, got my billwhen I checked and 3 days later my checking account showed an overcharge of $60. I called to see what the mistake was and the said it was for movies. Wow, that's a lot of movies for one night, but what's crazier is THAT i DIDN'T EVEN TURN THE TV ON!

They blew me off by saying they'd look into it. Over the next two days, even talking to general manager who didn't have an answer. In the end, when I expressed my frustration and asked why a person would repeated ask for a charge to be removed WHEN I HAD MY ORINGINAL 9AM Checkout receipt showing the lesser charge, he told me, "well, the company that does the movies, charges us, and we're not going to pay it".

"Are you serious?" I said. "That's customer service? You guys make the mistake so you pass the charge on to your customers?" I am not done fighting these guys. They'll probably have this review removed like they did on Yahoo Local.

NOTE: WHAT IS THE POINT OF REVIEWS IF YOU CAN'T BE HONEST. THE MANAGEMENT AT THIS HOTEL IS CERTAINLY NOT! By the way, it's not that nice of a hotel anyway.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Hoschton, Georgia
Reviewed June 24, 2010

My husband and I had stayed here years ago, but the area and hotel have gone way down. We made our reservation when we were leaving Lilburn, Ga. Driving down on the Fla turnpike we picked up a motel discount coupon. We saw that we could get a room for almost $40 less a night. We presented the coupon at check in. Imagine our surprise when told there were "none of those rooms available"!We aked for the manager but he was not available.We could never get our room to cool off. The janitor showed up and used a meter that showed the air temp BY the vent was 66, but by the bathroom it was in the mid 70's. He said because of it's location, that was as good as it would get. The a/c would not cooll but it sure was nosiey.The light by the bed was burned out. The sink was really, really slow to drain. The morning of check out, the pipe under the sink started pouring water all over the bathroom floor. The area is really sleezy! We were afraid our car would be broken in and always parked under a light. Learn from our mistake! Find somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple