“Barely decent”

Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center
Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed March 12, 2006

Clean room, good room service, but limited choices. Kind of an iffy area. Really horrible experience in terms of noise. There is a commuter train right next to the hotel and it blasts an 18wheeler sounding horn on the hour and half hour every day! Will not repeat the visit.

Stayed: February 2006
3  Thank notadq

Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed February 18, 2006

I have always choosen Holiday Inn's in the past for their reputation for being the best at customer service. This hotel must not have been given the memo. We checked in at the hotel expecting great service with a newly renovated hotel. The lady that checked me in did not acknowledge me when I got to the desk, then took 15 minutes to check me in. And on top of all that, I got a smoking room! they seemed more interested in talking on their cell phones than helping the guests. for the prices that they are asking, I hope they fix the problem. Stay elsewhere if you have a choice.

• Stayed: January 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 31, 2004

We stayed at the Holiday Inn/Airport for one night because our flight arrived late. We had made reservations using an online agent, and the Holiday Inn could not find our information. Thank goodness, I printed the confirmation and brought it. We promptly got a room. The room was decent, but definitely not a five star. From about 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM, we heard yelling and music in the hall and next door. We did not feel safe at this hotel; therefore, we did not call and complain. We would NOT stay there again.

2  Thank KLF2005
Massapequa Park, NY
Reviewed June 12, 2004

This was the worst stay I ever had. A train whistle was blowing on the hour throughout the night. The air-conditioning could not be controlled. If you put it on it was blowing at such a force that it was freezing and if you left it off, it was too hot. It also had a terrible smell to it when it was on. We could hear the person's alarm go off in the next room. As I said, terrible and would never stay in a holiday inn again. Their policy is, if you are not satisfied to let them know. I did that, but they do nothing about it. She told me to fill out a form. Still waiting to hear what they intend to do!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 24, 2004

Stayed here last year and it was fine, this year was such a huge difference, I won't stay here again. It definately is aging and in need of updating, I didn't really mind last year, because we changed hotels and the first one was such a dump that it looked like paradise at the time. (DO NOT Stay at the Days Inn West Palm Beach Airport!) Anyway, this year, I was told to keep my baby (who is 1 yrs old mind you) quiet because she was disturbing the people in the restaurant (where we were eating too and spending money-this from the same Holiday Inn where kids eat free, etc) The toilet backed up on us and the bathroom was not that clean. I was surprised because like I said, it was fine the first time, but next trip down to Florida we will stay elsewhere. (the only plus was a free bottle of water and cookies because I was a Priority Club member- not enough to get me back though)

Reviewed May 26, 2003

Free shuttle to and from airport (or just about any where else you need to go) is a real bonus and saved us some cash. No late night room service or dining options was a major dissappointment, but there is a near by Denny's and IHOP. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Not your vacation destination, but meets the needs of an overnighter.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 3, 2003

Although this hotel is centrally located near just about everything, the quality of the hotel was less than expected in a number of areas. The first was a musty smell to the room that despite lighting Yankee Candles and Glade scented candles every day, still persisted throughout our stay. Watch your toes when you remove the dresser draws. Each one came flying out when we opened them up. If you need to hook up any electronic gear, youll need to bring your own power strip because wall outlets were very limited. Basically this hotel could use a few updates and simple corrections that could make it a pretty descent place to stay. Unless you are getting an outstanding deal and dont mind a little rustic flavor to your experience, I would suggest going elsewhere. KDH

6  Thank kchines