“Get your money's worth... if that's important to you!”

Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center
Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
NC
“Get your money's worth... if that's important to you!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Can't say enough about the staff. They are the knowledgeable, attentive and go the extra mile. The breakfast buffet deal we got when booking was great. The bar is nice, good prices and staff were very accomodating to our group.
We booked the advance purchase and were very pleased with the staff, room, bar, breakfast and business center for printing our boarding passes.
Will stay again if in the area.
(1-2 miles from the airport)

Room Tip: Room facing west was best.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank NC2CUN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Korean first
Wilsonville, Oregon
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

The good news is that you know what you are getting. Clean bed, a shower that works, some coffee and a TV. That's all I need when I am by my self. The view sucks, the location is so so, but ok if you are you are using the local airport. Everything works and it is clean. A fine stay in my book.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank newyorker1953
Ellenwood, Georgia, USA
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Okay, call me a pushover but I like when I check into a hotel and the first thing I see is a nice decorative towel display – it puts me in a calm and pleasant mood. I love it! It’s a good thing too because the view from my room was nothing to write about. I had a “lovely” view of I-95 and the roof of the building but hey – one look at those towels and I was at peace again. First, let me get my negatives out of the way since I am in such a zen mode. Actually, they are more in the line of “preferences” as I can honestly say, I didn’t have a negative experience during my stay here. My room was at the end of a hallway, right across from the exit door. Unfortunately, the hotel was booked and the only other room they had to offer was one with a double-bed. Of course I take part of the blame because I didn’t make a special request about room location at the time I made my reservation. Whenever I travel alone, I am just a bit cautious about rooms located at dead ends across from stairwells. However, I didn’t experience any creepy late night sounds, doors slamming suddenly or hooded figures standing in the stairway so it worked out fine. My only other “negative” was the view from my room. I would have preferred a lovelier view but let’s face it – most hotels have a room or two with the not so lovely view and if you travel regularly, Karma dictates that you can’t always end up with the good view. My room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Wi-fi worked fine when I was using it. Of course, this hotel is located near the airport but I didn’t hear a lot of airplane noise. If you have a car, fast food, beach and of course, WalMart are within your grasp! This trip was to attend a family reunion. Our reunion activities were held in a banquet room and we had plenty of space and the food supplied by the hotel was good. Fresh looking, visually appealing and it tasted good as well. I only ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant once. They have an all you can eat buffet or you can order a’la carte. Since I’m not a big eater and I consider buffets a waste of money, I ordered eggs, bacon, toast and coffee. The food was good but the bacon was a bit salty. I guess it’s just the brand they used. Of course, when I got my bill, I saw that for a dollar more, I could have eaten from the buffet so, note to self - next time check the buffet first to see if there is fresh fruit on the bar because I can eat plenty of that. All in all, I enjoyed my stay here. The short periods of time I did spend in my room were relaxing. Oh, just remembered, I did have one negative – the outlet in the bathrrom didn’t work and for a woman – that is a horror within itself! I did call the front desk and inform them the next morning and then went on my way. When I returned to my room later in the day, I had a message from the front desk stating that engineering had been to my room and the problem was fixed. Upon checking, the outlet was still not working so I called the front desk back to let them know. The young lady I spoke with told me she would send them back to my room but I let her know that at the moment, I was getting ready to shower and get ready to go to a banquet so they couldn’t have access to my room for about 3 hours (yes 3!). So, the outlet never worked during my stay but I just plugged my needed accessories into the power strip for the refrigerator and microwave. The lightning was not as good as what I’d get in the bathroom but, in a pinch, you make it work.

2 Thank Born2Csites
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

It starts with the morning Monica greets you with a smile of authenticity! Monica strides to make you breakfast a mere relax mode to situate face the start of you day! Cavari is a pleasure mode to its dining by night! Janel and Walner and Geidi their creations ate the success that this restaurant is the ACE to the hotel! A team that together are the concept to a homey meal and monies well spent! Thank you for everything!!!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Maria1217
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We recently stayed for the night while attending a concert. The front desk service was great! I need an early check in and they were able to get us into our room by noon. Hotel was very clean and room was spotless. Only issue was the AC didn't work all that great in the room. But other than that I would stay here again!

2 Thank Rhonda F
delaware
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Hotel was very clean and staff was very friendly. In particular two front desk folks Ali and Jessica. They were great with giving me local information on attractions and directions. Also, Michael gave me some local info on the flora and fauna surrounding the area. I loved seeeing the iguanas in the outdoor areas. They come out in the afternoon and feed on the patches of lawn in the parking lots. Pool was clean and tidy. I also had some very interesting conversations with guests. Lot's of folks from all over our great Country visisiting for pleasue and work. The Hotel was exceptionally clean and exceeded our expectations. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling on business or wanting to spend a few days on vacation.

3 Thank fishcamp
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was the worst I've ever stayed in my life & the only reason I came is because I worked at a holiday inn & I know how we treat our customers & I expected the same. When we checked in to our room it smelled like mildew & it was hot. So we turned on the ac & left for dinner when we came back 3 hours later it was STILL hot so finally I called the front desk & they told me there was no maintenance & all they could do was switch us to a smaller room. I declined & asked for our refund & they told me no. They said the manager Scott told them since we "used" the room we couldn't get a refund & that our only options were to leave or downgrade. Unbelievable. Susanna took it upon herself to argue with me & tell me I was being unreasonable & Jessie said she would call the cops. I've never felt so disrespected & embarrassed in my life. It was an overall terrible experience & we wouldn't stay there again for all the money in the world.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank RuthJames20
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear RuthJames20,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We're sorry to hear the overall experience you had during your stay. We have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M