“Would not recommend this location”

Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center
Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel with my sons. The walls were paper thin. I could hear the entire phone conversation that my neighbor was having and could even hear what the other person was saying on the other end of his cell phone! My kids got stuck in the service elevator which should not be accessible to the public. The management didn't know that any one was stuck in the elevator until I notified them. There is a club on the property and on Saturday night there was absolutely no where for guests to park. Front desk staff ranged from pleasant to clueless. I felt that I overpaid for what I got out of the deal.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
HIWESTPALM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear Jaimie C,
We appreciate you taking the time to express your feedback about your stay with us. We apologize for the challenges you encountered during your visit at our hotel. We promise this is not the norm of our guest experience. As for the establishment text door, unfortunately they are not affiliated with our hotel. We will do our best to make sure this is communicated to that establishment. We would love the opportunity to discuss this with you, please contact us to 561-659-3880. Thank you!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Perfect location, upscale hotel close to airport and I-95. Good food and great bar. Free parking and plenty of it. Great friendly staff. Clean and updated large rooms. Building has been updated everything is new. Hotel pricing can be leveraged through Priceline bidding. We have successfully bid this area and almost always get this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Nancy N
HIWESTPALM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Thank you Nancy N for a great review! We are pleased to hear that our entire team provided you with attentive and friendly service. Thank you again and we hope you continue to choose us on your next visit to this area.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

After having a horrible day, I arrived to the hotel and was welcomed by very friendly people at the front desk, didn't wait for more than 10min to get my room which was great because I was exhausted. I decided to go to their restaurant for dinner and was welcomed by Christine, this young lady made my stay one not to forget, it was my first time in the area and she not only gave me the best service at the restaurant but was there to help me with any question I had; gave directions and recommendations of places to go and things to do which helped me out a lot. She always had a smile on her face, just one of those people that make you want to come back. Great place great service!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

John P, it is an honor to be able to reply to your review! Thank you very much for your kind words they are greatly appreciated! It was my pleasure to help you during your stay with us. I am glad you were able to enjoy yourself and if your travels bring you back to the area that you will choose us again.

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Room smelled..also very loud party going on..started at 2 am when some festival in town ended . the worst part was waking up in the morning at 530..turning light on in the bathroom and seeing a huge roach run behind a crack in the bathroom by the counter..(Room 306) ..staff was good but they could never be good enough to make me stay again..

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
HIWESTPALM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Good Evening Steven M, I definitely want to apologize about your situation during your recent stay with us. I understand why you feel the way you do, but if you ever come back please stop by to see me to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we have to offer.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

I live mostly in Hilton hotels but I needed a one night stay in West Palm Beach, Florida at a nominal cost so I booked here. I am an IHG Diamond tier person, so I was told my room was one of the better ones on a high floor. The rooms probably will be upgraded in the next year or so, from what I was told, but I had a nice King size bed that was comfortable with a big screen TV and even bigger refrigerator than I get at my winter stays at the Embassy Suites ---- not far away. There was a Keurig coffee machine, but it didn't look too clean and the old refill was still in the machine and I didn't know how long the water might have been staying in it, so I just drank some bottled water that I had brought with me, instead of having to go to the lobby area to get some hot water for tea. The bath rooms are old and typical Holiday Inn style, but the staff on duty was very nice and tried to be helpful. For me, it was okay for a night, but the property needs updating. Even though I am a diamond IHG, there is no breakfast, something I have become used to from. MY stays at
Starwood and Hilton, but I was given 500 bonus points. I think IHG really has to address this issue and award something special to those holding Diamond status besides some extra points for the tier.

Room Tip: Upper level
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Good Evening Sarah33333, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your feedback and for choosing to stay with us on your last visit to West Palm Beach; it is always great to hear from our valued guests how we are doing! I do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with your room, I will be reviewing this with the Housekeeping Manager to ensure this does not occur again. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in April 2014 and had a great experience. Upon arriving and throughout the stay the entire staff was warm and friendly. The rooms was clean, bed was comfortable, temperature was fine. The hotel isn't a 5 star resort but we got 5 star service. And unlike many 5 start hotels this place has THREE elevators and all were quick! Upon checkout the GM went out f his way to ask me about my experience. There is a great bar in the hotel too that customers who aren't even staying at the hotel visit so that tells you that it is a good bar. If I had to say one negative isn't would be there isn't much to do in the area around the hotel. It's near the airport which is great and it's right of Rt. 95 so if you have a rental car you can hop on the highway. The hotel also offers a free shuttle every 30 minutes that can take you to any location with a certain radius for free.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
HIWESTPALM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Hello Fenway617, Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We all work really hard to give our valued guests, like you, the best service in a great environment, and I am glad to see those efforts pay off on your last visit. Hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

The staff was wonderful. I was in West Palm when we had to put my aunt in a nursing home. I had to work cleaning out her house, and would come back every evening exhausted. I would head to the bar for food and drink. The food was always terrific, and the two bartenders, Wendy and Lisa, could not have been nicer. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
HIWESTPALM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Nancy P, Thank you for sharing your experience via TripAdvisor! Even though you were not in WPB for leisure we are pleased to hear that our Bartenders were able to provide you with great service and you were able to enjoy your time with us! We hope you come back to see us!

Christine Petersson