Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center
Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I'm a platinum member of the holiday inn system and have only one request of the hotels I stay in, please let me have a room close to the front desk on the ground floor so I can quickly come and go to whatever meetings i need to get to.
This hotel gave me a room on the top floor, and there were only one set of rooms further away from the elevator. Also was expecting a king, got two queens. I asked to move (which I never do) because this was a rare trip that my wife could accompany me so I did get a king - one floor lower and one room closer to the elevator.
Had a lot of time wondering why I was staying in this old, tired overpriced hotel while I was waiting for the elevator.
I won't make that mistake again.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
HotelManager1301, General Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Brian F,

First and foremost, thank you for your loyalty to the brand. Please accept our most sincere apologies for falling short of basic expectations on your recent stay with us. Your concerns are being taken very seriously and please know that your concerns have been addressed with our staff. I was glad to see that the staff was able to room change you to a King bed like you requested. We will make sure that we correct this issue in the future. Please allow us to host your next stay, we promise to make your stay enjoyable.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

At first I thought this was a Crowne Plaza where I have stayed in the past in the same street, but it is in the other side of the street and a new hotel.. However I had a bad time finding accesible AC outlets, only one in the working desk which in this time is no enough. Also there is only one phone in the bed, but none in the working desk. The AC did not work well, and had to report it twice before being fixed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear ETame,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the room arrangement and the faulty air conditioning. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Great place to stay....upon arrival for a multi night stay we were greeted by the friendly front desk staff Anna and Christy. Anna and Christy were attentive to our needs and were extremely friendly and professional. The hotel was very clean with up to date amenities. The restaurant and business office was spacious and comfortable. The bar hostess Wendy was very friendly and sociable even with a busy atmosphere. Our room was very clean and more than enough space. Bottom line is i would recommend this hotel to all travelers. Thanks to the staff for a very pleasant stay.

CW.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I arrived March 13, 2013. At check in both Christy and Anna were very courteous and welcoming. They both made me feel like I was a returing customer even though this was my first time at this location. Check-in was a breeze . Christy made sure I knew the layout of the hotel and Anna gave me local information and also pointed me to the electronic visitor guide. After a long day, I had a drink at the bar before dinner. Wendy, the bartender acknowledged my presence immediately and was very engaging. Wayman, the shuttle driver took me to dinner and was very friendly. When I came down to breakfast the next morning, help came from all directions. Grant was ready with hot coffee as I was reaching my seat. I cant recall their names, but there were two other gentlemen who would check on me and refill my coffee just when I needed it. Overall, this location has a great team and I will definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again. As a priority club member, I love the perks. Here I spun the wheel and won 500 points!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Shuttle service to CityPlace and the airport were very convenient. Room smelled a little weird.

I woke up early the next morning and rushed off to the airport, while waiting to board my flight I started itching and found 15 bedbug bites in the typical "breakfast, lunch and dinner" pattern on my arms and legs.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Macry1983,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. We are so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We tried to send you a private message unfortunately your account settings do not allow us to send you a Private Message. You are welcome to reach out to our Guest Relations via email at HI-GuestRelations@ihg.com or you may send us a Private Message through TripAdvisor to IHGCare including reference to your TripAdvisor Account Name so we can follow up on your experience.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Staff at the hotel was very friendly and helpful. The bartenders were happy, restaurant staff was accommodating and Scott C at the front desk was remarkable. The weather was far from perfect so it was nice to have a comfortable room to relax in.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank snowchicken06
Reviewed March 8, 2013

In a nut shell, we stayed for week - the first night in a room with two doubles, then we were moved to a room with one king bed. My preference would be a king room - especially because it has a small fridge and microwave. I'm not sure if this is in all king rooms- do ask first if this is a requirement. Both room types are spacious and clean.

The restaurant isn't great. They have a breakfast buffet for around $10pp or you can order a la carte. The fruit looked a little old and sad. They also had no standard hot tea all week. Only camomile, which i found strange. The staff were also not very welcoming. I had room service one night.. pasta which was so terrible overcooked that I struggled to eat it with my fork as it kept breaking apart. The server also forgot my cutlery so I had to wait for that to come back. I recommend you definitely eat out or order a pizza!

The hotel has a decent gym, with treadmill, bike, elliptical, and a good selection of weights. It also has a good laundry - $1 for each washer and dryer.

The reception staff are fabulous. So friendly and welcoming. One even did my entire load of laundry for me, as they had ran out of detergent for the self wash, and she had some on tap in their main laundry. Amazing and I was so grateful!!

• Stayed: March 2013