“Average H.I. but clean and comfy”

Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center
Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Palm City, Florida
“Average H.I. but clean and comfy”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Stayed here one Friday night for an early event in southern PBC the next morning. It was Ok but definitely needs a facelift and updating. The price was right so I don't really have no complaints. I don't think I'd stay here for more than a few nights but one or two is ok if that's what you have in mind and it is close to most everything. Hopefully, the property has plans to soon do some upgrading to this old property.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Gwopilot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Korean first
west palm beach
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The hotel was average. This hotel has potential to become more than average. It needs to be remodeled to become more modernized. THe hotel has a great bar for the grown-ups. Lisa was our bartender and she is great and can make anything you like! She was a very gracious host to my whole family! Lisa rocks!! The restaurant food is great as well! Yummy wings!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank schemiley s
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We have used Holiday Inn Express Hotels in Atlantic City N.J. Chesapeake Virginia, Rocky Mt. North Carolina,Lafayette La. Beaumont Texas, Mobile Alabama and San Antonio. We have experienced excellent service and staff willing to exceed our expectations. We especially appreciated Mariah on the front Desk who make every effort to make our stay a pleasant one. We look forward to our next stay here. Doc and Sharon of Orlando

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed August 11 for one night with husband to see a concert at the cruzan ampitheater. Checked in at 3pm, but because we used priceline they said we could only have a double room because the kings are reserved for reservations booked through the hotel.

Our room 801 had the loudest Air conditioning unit that I ever heard, like a freight truck, and the thermostat said 66 degrees but the room was still very warm unless the very loud AC was running. This seriously was the loudest room I have ever been in. The walls were pretty thin and we were by the stairs so doors opening and closing all morning. Pillows were ok but the mattress was older and you could feels the springs through the sheets. The hotel had a very strict check out policy that if you weren't out of your room by 11:30am they would charge you a half nights stay. We kind of felt like they didn't want our business. We had the do not disturb outside and at 10:45am while we were in the bathroom the housekeeping was trying to get us out of the room already saying to be out at 11am. I mentioned my complaints to the front desk and they said we should have called down about the A/C. Said we kept waking up all night but that this was 2am and 4am, and we were just trying to fall back asleep and who wants to deal with maitenance at 2am. The front desk was friendly, and they took a note on the room. Nothing was offered as a remedy for the terrible sleep we got. Hope they fix the room for future guests.

I am a priority club member and a holiday inn fan, and I usually sleep easy in hotels, but this one was just really poor between the springy bed and unusually loud AC unit. Didn't sleep well (kept waking up every 2 hours) at this hotel and the strict rules made it feel very unwelcoming and took away from our mini-vacation. It's not in a great area by the highway and airport, but I was willing to overlook that if the sleep would have been ok since it's only for 1 night. I was very happy to sleep on the ride home.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

I would give this hotel an average rate of three out of five, but what truly gives this Holiday Inn an above average rating is its amazing service. For me it was the highlight of the hotel. Everyone was extremely nice and accommodating. This held especially true with the people at the front desk who were always willing to help out in any way they could, and always went about their job in a very nice and joyful way.

Beyond the service, the hotel itself was fine. Nothing overly special. They had a restaurant, bar, and seating area down on the first floor. The very obvious negative for me was the elevators. They had two for what I recall being 11 floors. This would not be too big of a deal if they went at a reasonable speed but they did not. They took forever. It didn't help when one was out of service. Further more the operating certificated posted in each elevator was expired by a few days by that point. It made me wonder.

The rooms were average. They had been updated fairly recently, so there was nothing to really complain about. Being on the 9th floor made for a decent view which was nice. The bathroom I had actually had two sinks. I saw another room that only had one so I am not sure what was normal but none the less it was nice. (I had room 919, so if you really want dual sinks you could request this room). Otherwise the bathroom was basic. It was a decent size. Every time I took a shower I'd end up taking a bath as well because the drain would not drain the water quick enough.

Overall not a bad hotel for airport hotel standards. If you need a low priced hotel that is clean and has very good service, I would highly suggest this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
North Palm Beach
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Most Monday nights, I meet with four or five friends for drinks and dinner at the Holiday Inn Palm Beach Airport. I was pleased tonight that we had Gail back again as our waitress. She always gives us great service.
We enjoy our Monday nights at the Holiday Inn!
Joe Fraracci

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Needs work to enter modern era of hotel. But, the price was right and it was clean. Staff could use more training in customer service. The place needs a little help when compared to other holiday inn hotels

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Dear Scott B,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. I'm sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable suggestions and these will be taken into consideration in our efforts to provide the best service experience possible.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Joel B