“Ok, but not great”

Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center
Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Needs work to enter modern era of hotel. But, the price was right and it was clean. Staff could use more training in customer service. The place needs a little help when compared to other holiday inn hotels

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Dear Scott B,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. I'm sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable suggestions and these will be taken into consideration in our efforts to provide the best service experience possible.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Joel B

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Holiday Inn Corp. should be embarrassed by this place! its way past time to tear this place down and re-build. I havent stayed in a Holiday Inn since I was a kid, (35 yrs ago) . I thought this would be somewhat decent... NOT!! Way outdated, Dumpy and noisy.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Dear Clint528,

Thank you for your feedback. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I'm sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret you did not enjoy your overall stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving the quality and services that we offer.

Joel B

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I had stayed here once before and said never again - however someone else booked us here on a business trip. The last time the internet didn't work at all (for my co worker or me) and the same again this time. None of the staff cared and it seemed normal for them. A different co worker and I had no internet and people were in the elevator with laptops going to reception to see if they could get on line. The front desk give you flase information of the signal is fine in the reception area but there is no signal in the whole hotel - AGAIN.

The walls are also paper thin and you can here everything going on in the next rooms.

As a gold member of Priority Club they don't care either.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank AndyW2
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear AndyW2,

Thank you for being a Gold Priority Club Member and writing a review about our property. I am pleased you found our location and room accommodations satisfactory. Please accept my sincerest apology for the internet issues and inconvenience the staff may have caused. I will follow up with the staff to ensure similar incidents won't happen again.

Pam G.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed here during 4th holiday. Before arriving the reservations desk told me that I would be receiving a breakfast voucher because they couldn't offer my priority points, and of course upon arrival they had no record of that. Scott who was at the front desk said because I booked with Price-line they wouldn't be able to offer that to me. It wasn't an offer it was actually guaranteed per the reservation assistant. Only one elevator worked (After reading older reviews I am to believe that it never has been fixed and the temporary sign is just a way to make guests think it just shut down)I stayed three days and it of course didn't work any day. Stayed on a higher floor so it took forever for the elevator to run. The shuttle service was a bonus, depending upon the driver you get. The room had a smoke odor. Called front desk and said they didn't have any other rooms available to send us to. A housekeeper came up and literally sprayed air freshener on the carpet by our belongings. Air freshener?!? Not a good stay. The only plus would be the pool and the location wasn't horrible. But for the price please stay closer to downtown as you may spend more but the quality,comfort, and location will outweigh any fees!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. It's really not worth any hassle to stay here. They don't honor any gua...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hoteldiva05
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I would like to start off by saying that we were greeted by Scott at the front desk. He was not only professional, he was so polite and friendly, outgoing, He had a great smile. offering assistance in everything we asked about. he was a pleasure. Shawn, I believe was the lady that worked the front desk in the morning, she was GREAT, professional and friendly. We missed our flight to the Bahamas due to a guest giving the shuttle driver a hard time, so the driver took the guy to the airport and then came back and got us. because we missed out flight, we had to stay another day. Scott was nice and gave us a free breakfast for our inconvenience. I thought that was really nice. I The shuttle drivers were nice and polite. I am not sure what the Cuban guys name is at this point, but he was a true gentleman. I have to say that Auto went above the call of duty for me and for that I I an so grateful, Auto was a life savor for me. Thank you Auto for taking care of my car fir me. Thank you all for the outstanding service. I will see you in August.
HUGS!
Rose Wilson

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I stay at this hotel quite frequently to work in the area. The staff at this hotel are wonderful. Scott Cotton at the front desk is awesome. He always has a smile on his face and makes me smile-he has a great personality. If you need anything at all-he works quickly to get the job done. He always makes me feel welcomed and takes care of all my needs professionally and efficiently.

Wendy, the bartender, is also one of my favorite people at this hotel. She always has a smile for everyone. If you have been in her bar once-you are now a regular and she will remember your drink and your special food requests. She is always professional and makes everyone's stay fun.

The hotel itself is also great. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. The food is great in the restaurant and they do a great job with my dieting special requests. Staying at this hotel is always a pleasure.

Lisa

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2012

All the employees were very polite and accomidating. We lost power due to a bad storm and they did everything to keep us comfortable and to get the power back up as soon as possible. The rooms were clean - a small gym - nice pool - 5 minutes from the airport

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business