“Could be better”

Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
IL
“Could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

We stayed in two rooms for one night.
Our first encounter was with the receptionist she was alone and looked like she has to deal with the entire hotel by herself – people in queue and phone, the manager was at the end of the counter was dealing with something else.
The receptionist was very welcoming but a bit impatient while the queue was growing (we can understand that).
We came in late so we had to take the smoking floor (6th floor) that was available, the smell was of course awful and there is no way to open a window even slightly – should be an option for that.
The air condition was noisy and bathroom could use some renovation (curtain was dated).

Room Tip: If you don't smoke avoid the smoking floor !
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
stockb, General Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments. Please accept my sincere apology for the issues you encountered. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make your stay a satisfying one. It’s disappointing to learn that we let you down. It is through our guest’s eyes that we can assess whether we are reaching our guest service goals. Please be assured that the issues you have raised are being addressed.

We are committed to total guest satisfaction and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Bill Stock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Korean first
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

I admit that I'm not usually a Holiday Inn girl, but we were attending a wedding and it was one of the wedding hotels. I was totally pleased on all levels. The airport shuttle was great, the front desk folks were friendly, helpful and even let me switch to two double beds from my King Bed reservation. The room was sparkling clean and the BED was FABULOUS. THe pillows were even labeled hard and soft. The restaurant served a great breakfast and I had a Chicken Caesar for lunch one day and it was as good as I've ever had. The shuttle even takes you to City Place to shop of go to a movie. I give this hotel the HIGHEST MARKS. You won't be disappointed if you stay and they have a great Seniors Rate for High Priced West Palm Beach!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words of praise and sharing your comments. I am extremely proud of our staff. I will certainly pass along your comments to the shuttle staff, Housekeeping, Restaurant and Front Desk staff. We are committed to total guest satisfaction and we look forward to your next visit.

Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

The hotel is what you would expect from a Holiday Inn - but the exceedingly friendly staff puts it over the top! The shuttle drivers are courteous and punctual and operate many shuttles to PBIA every half hour. They'll also run you downtown to CityPlace and Clematis Street for restaurants and shopping. Victoria in the restaurant and Vicki at the bar were great, and the general manager is very accessible. They made my week-long stay here amazingly comfortable, friendly and fun. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Floor 6 is smoking - avoid that.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the hotel staff, thank you for your kind words of praise and sharing your comments. I am extremely proud of our staff. I will certainly pass along your comments to the shuttle staff, Victoria and Vicki. We are committed to total guest satisfaction and we look forward to your next visit.

Charlo, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

We stayed here for two weeks while we were working in West Palm Beach. The entire staff contributed to the excellent service and comfort of our stay. An incredible hotel restaurant with delicious, healthy meals. A housekeeping staff second to none and a front desk staff we were sorry to leave behind. Unfortunately we travel with a dog now and were stuck down the road at "another" hotel on our last trip. This only served to reinforce the intense satisfaction of our stay at the Holiday Inn last September.

Room Tip: Just STAY here!!!!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
stockb, General Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the staff, thank you for your kind words of praise and taking the time to share your comments. It is truly rewarding when a guest takes the time to recognize our staff. The principal goal of the hotel is to make each night’s stay a satisfying one and it is through our guest’s eyes that we can assess the quality of our accommodations and services.
We look forward to your next visit.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

dirty, beat up with poor service

really not much more to stay, another depressing airport hotel with zero appeal or character

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank numberoneson
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I’m concerned about the cleanliness and poor service issues you experienced at the hotel during your recent visit. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.

Please accept my sincere apology.

Please be assured that your comments are taken seriously and the appropriate action has been taken. I hope when in West Palm again you will call me so that I can see to your stay personally and prove that this was the exception and not the rule.

Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2011

I've always believed that the test of customer service is not when nothing goes wrong, but how things are handled when they do. And plenty went wrong on our evening at the Holiday Inn, which is 15 minutes from our home but which we booked with AMEX points because we were doing a holiday pub crawl downtown. I had not been to the hotel in about a decade - my parents stayed their once, but that was before renovations after Hurricane Wilma. The lobby and the free parking our great, and we didn't even know anything was wrong until we returned from our evening out.

There was black ash all over the sink in the bathroom, which was part of a non-smoking room to begin with and which was apparently not cleaned well. We were quickly given the room next door, which had no working lights. So when we marched down to the lobby with our bags, the excellent desk guy not only gave us a room on another floor but hooked us up with free breakfast buffets!

The rooms were standard, if a bit bare. Not enough plugs. But the internet is free, as is the parking. So it's not that bad. And the service, again, was excellent.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
stockb, General Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this review, December 27, 2011
Dear Guest,

I’m concerned about the fact that you had to move twice before getting an acceptable room. Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. Our principal goal is total guest satisfaction and I am disappointed to learn that we did not meet our goal. I am glad however that our staff saved the evening.

Please be assured that the issues you’ve raised are being addressed. We look forward to serving you in the future. Please call me the next time you make a reservation and I will personally handle it. I want to prove that this was the exception and not the rule.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

I had an excellent time for the 5 days that I spent in west palm and the hotel was a great value. The free shuttle is an excellent idea and all the drivers were so nice and helpful.

The staff at the front desk were also very pleasant and the rooms were clean and comfortable.

Recommendations if this is your first time in west palm:

Take the free hotel shuttle to cityplace I think shuttle runs until 10:30pm. If you have to take a cab back its about $10
Once in cityplace after seeing there wonderful sights, take the free trolley to clematis and there you would find more restaurants and bars. Clematis is also a short walk from the pier.

Overall if your staying in west palm I would absolutely recommend this hotel as the staff is great and the rooms are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank candijo
stockb, General Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am very proud of our staff and I will share your comments with the van drivers, front desk and housekeeping. It is extremely rewarding when a guest takes the time to recognize the staff.

We are committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.