“Great place to stay for a few nights”

Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center
Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Littleton, Colorado
“Great place to stay for a few nights”
Reviewed December 26, 2007

I travel a lot and this hotel was not nearly as bad as some of the reviewers tagged it. It is not convenient to the beach and there are not many restaurants within walking distance but the facility is convenient to I-95 and has all of the amenities to make it an enjoyable stay. We were laying over for a cruise on both the inbound and outbound legs of our trip so that included 2 nights (pre & post cruise). You can walk to IHOP, Denny's, or Wendy's - they are not far. The free shuttle picked us up from the airport at 0530hrs and we expected to have to wait for a room but they had one ready for us. The pool was really warm and the sauna was in working order. The shuttle took us to City Center for a huge selection of restaurants and entertainment that evening. On our return trip stay, the pool had some stuff in it but the maintenance guy cleaned it up right away and the water was still really warm. Funny story .... there are many palm trees lining the pool area and something fell out of one of them while we were sitting there. We all assumed it was a coconut but a 4 foot iguana came strutting out of the corner, looked at us and promptly climbed the fence. Nobody at the hotel knew there was an iguana living poolside! The shuttle took us back to the airport at 0500hrs. A wonderful facility, a nice place to stay to if you don't want beachfront access and don't want to pay for it! I would definitely go back there without hesitation.

• Liked — Proximity to airport (less than 2 miles)
  • Disliked — Not close to beach, not many restaurants in walking distance
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Korean first
Ridgeway, Virginia
Reviewed April 1, 2007

I stayed here on a one night business stop over and was quite pleased. Nothing really special except that the front desk staff when we checked in were really knowledgable and made the process completely painless. Not only did they know what a sales tax exemption certificate was, they gave us no grief in accepting it. (I work for a non-profit). Beyond that, they gave the two females adjoining rooms without having to be asked and automatically put our boss on the other side of the hotel! How perceptive...

The room was nice, the bed was comfortable and the hotel is centrally located. The a/c, though archaic and a bit confusing, worked so well I turned it off before turning in. The view left something to be desired but I wasn't there for the view. They do have a restaraunt on the premises but the fare is limited and no good for an Atkins dieter (pasta dishes as I recall). They do have one of those cards where you can order breakfast to be delivered to your room in the morning and that was worth the money. The in-room coffee is decent and its "makes" quickly in the one cup coffee maker. Iron was fine though a little old.

Comparatively the rate is good and a good value. I would definitely recommend this hotel for business travelers and economy travelers. If I go back as a tourist, I will probably lean towards this hotel.

• Liked — Clean & Comfortable bed
  • Disliked — View
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank Beth B
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed January 22, 2007

My room was clean and comfortable. Good quality sheets, clean bathroom, free high speed wireless internet. A/C unit was noisy. Room rate was lower than most others, and had free parking. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
Michigan
Reviewed January 3, 2007

We were in town for a wedding, the hotel messed up all three of the reservations I had including giving away one of my rooms to a total stranger. My room was dirty, no wastebaskets and I found a complete layer of dust covering the bathroom door. I went to the front desk to somplain and the said they would take care of it. We left for lunch, when I returned to my room I had wastebaskets, however only hafl the door had been wiped down. I the rasied the toilet seat only to discover that someone who stayed there before had been very sick and the staff never cleaned the underside of the seat.

Again I wnet to the front desk to compalin, sorry we will take care of it, I asked for another room, sorry we are sold out, I asked to speak to the manager, sorry he is not here now but we will have him contact you. I never heard from him. I was scheduled to stay at the hotel from Fri through Sunday night. On Sunday morning I found a bill under my door showing that I was checking out that day. I went to the front desk and they said I only had a room for two days, showed them my print out with comfirm number showing three days, they said sorry we do not have a room. So I packed up and left.

I never did hear from the manager, and I have filed a complaint with the Holidayy Inn HQ. For a Holiday inn this was the worst.

• Liked — Not a thing
  • Disliked — the staff reaction to problems
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank infosource
Marshall Township,Pa 16046
Reviewed January 2, 2007

Let me just say this hotel was nothing I thought it would be when I saw it in the pictures. I stayed there for 6 days, for a little Christmas-New Years Vacation with my family. When we got their we went swimming the pool was freezing and when we asked the manager if the pool's heater was on he said it was but the desk clerk said it wasn't so this people don't even know about their own hotel. There not very helpful. The things I liked about this hotel were, they had free fresh coffie always replaced in the lobby, the rooms were clean, they had a nice sauna, nice exercise room, nice bathrooms with marble counters, free shuttle service to anywhere withing 5 miles of the hotel. The things I did not like were towels often not replaced at pool, hard beds, beds close together, manager lied, no hottub, no restaurants nearby, no hot breakfast buffet, maid never replaced cups, took down continental cold buffet down 25 minutes earley, slow internet service. Don't stay here for more than 2 days.

• Liked — Convience to Interstate
  • Disliked — Beds were to close together.
  • Tips/Secrets — Go to Lion Safari Country. Avoid Loxathatchee Everglades Tour........big ripoff.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
Florida
Reviewed August 30, 2006

I saw some of the bad reviews on this hotel and all I can say was I was very surprised! I stay here a few months ago and though it a very nice hotel, and am planning on staying again. The check in and out was flawless, the bed was comfortable, room was clean, room service was good and prompt and most important my child had fun at the pool! What more could you ask from a hotel.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 6, 2006

Stayed at this place twice during the week of 30-April-06. First time, the toilet did not function properly. Later in the week I was back again, and the faucet in the sink had constant running water out of it. Items that housekeeping should have noticed and maintainance should have corrected immediately.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business