“very poor customer service” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stay Inn West Palm Beach Airport

Stay Inn West Palm Beach Airport
Ranked #30 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
buffalo new york
“very poor customer service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

i was at this hotel for one nite, in the web search it said that there was a shuttle to the airport. well it cost me $15.00 even though i stated in the application i would need shuttle to airport at 4:00 am they were suppose to bring an ice bucket but never showed, the pool was dirty looking. and the most unsatisfactory thing was the shuttle they said they would send for me when i returned my rent a car. the driver was rude and drove right past me and laughed and made me run to the front to get a ride. and then he was nasty and rude talking to me. very very disappointing

Room Tip: be sure u clarify the arrangements
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
floridapalmbeach, General Manager at Stay Inn West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
I would like to say Thank you for sharing your experience on you recent stay with us.
I would like you to know that we take our customers comment very seriously as we try to improve our self’s to provide our guest the best customer service.
Our shuttel servie runs from 6am till 11pm and it is posted in all web sites, we are sorry that we could not service you at 4.00 am as we dont have a shuttel service during that time.
In regards on the issue with the driver I have discussed the matter with my staff.Please aaccept my sincere apology, we hope we can serice your needs in the near future again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Finnish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have photos to backup everything I have a complaint about. I requested to speak to the manager for 2 days straight. The only person I got To return my call was the sales rep who represented himself as a manager. When I told him my complaints I was told to get over it. I don't know how you can include breakfast in your room price and have breakfast start 2 hours late. Then tell the customer to get over it and still charge full price. I had to go out and buy my family of 4 breakfast that cost over 20 dollars, For something that should have been included.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank mccabe0628
In regarding your issues, the same date of your departure the Assistant General Manager, the following day the sales Manager has contacted you and explained that when you booked your reservation it was after the cutoff date which the group rate was not applicable but we still gave you a discount. I have talked to you 2 times as well and after our second conversation we gave you an additional discount which was applied to your credit card. You indicated that you were satisfied with the resolution.
We did have an issue on the set up with our breakfast with a delay of 10 minutes and the waffle maker did not get warm for an additional 10 minutes and we did apologize to you several time, as of the issue on the bugs the Front Desk or a manager was not notified the day the incident occurred which we would have moved you to a different room ASAP.
Please accept my sincere apology. I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. There’s no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction. That’s our goal.
We look forward to serving you again in the near future.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed in the Stay Inn hotel for one night on Monday, January 28th. We thought the location was great as it was very close to the airport. Plus, there was free parking but our joy was short lived once we checked in. The clerk at reception was very efficient and friendly but when we got to our room, we noticed a cock roach on the nightstand. It was. Pretty gross but my boyfriend killed it and we let it go. We went to the beach and for a drink when we came back, we noticed another cockroach on the nightstand when my boyfriend picked up the clock radio to set the alarm. My boyfriend killed that one, then saw another coming out of the dresser drawer. He opened the drawer and killed the cockroach and another one hiding under the bible. I was super grossed out at this stage and went into the bathroom to take a shower and saw two baby roaches on the floor. We put all of our stuff on the table near the door to keep cockroaches away from our stuff then we saw a roach near the table. They were everywhere. The Stay Inn should invest in some fumigators. I would avoid this place like the plague.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been exterminated and ask to check the room before you agree.
2 Thank Jackeerocks
floridapalmbeach, General Manager at Stay Inn West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.
Please be assured that the issues you've raised have been adressed, and the appropriate action has been taken.
Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.
We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.
Sincerly,
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

We had a weekend getaway to West Palm Beach! Most hotels were very expensive so we picked this one! It was a great choice! Front Desk personnel were very friendly, room was perfect for our needs, pillows were outstanding! Good location and easy to find.

2 Thank acleve0624
floridapalmbeach, General Manager at Stay Inn West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
It is refreshing to know that our team members made your stay an enjoyable one and we hope to serve you in the further.
Thank you for staying at the Stay Inn West Palm Beach Hotel
Best regards
Stuart, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel about a week ago. We found the front desk personnel to very friendly and helpful. Rick was especially attentive to our needs; he copied maps, arranged for a cab to pick us up in the morning and gave us some helpful information as top where to eat. The girls at the desk were also kind and considerate, especially Dee.

This is a great hotel for the price.

Room Tip: The King Study rooms are very nice and roomy.
1 Thank Barbara L
floridapalmbeach, General Manager at Stay Inn West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
It is refreshing to know that our team members made your stay an enjoyable one and we hope to serve you again in the further.
Thank you for staying at the Stay Inn West Palm Beach Hotel
West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

The policies, clearly stated online, were not honored by the front desk or manager. The toilet seat was cracked in half & the carpet was filthy. The housekeeper literally opened the door TWICE, hours before check-out. It was very obvious they could care less about their customers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank murr3732
floridapalmbeach, General Manager at Stay Inn West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
I would like to say Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent stay with us. I would like you to know that we take our customers comments very seriously and take action on the issues ASAP. We have a 24/7 Front Desk crew and managment team to address any concerns and issues once the Front Desk staff has been noticed.
We are sorry that you have not asked for a manager so we could have adressed your concerns.
Looking forward to serve again so we can show you our improvements .
Best regards
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Hotel and location were fine, but the guy at the front desk (Rick) was the most condescending, rude clerk I have ever encountered at any hotel in the United States, and I stay an average of 50 nights a year. We were not greeted on arrival. He skipped us to serve a person behind us; and told this person "what can I say I'm frustrated". He was really rude and was not helpful at all; after 10 minutes of us waiting for him to finish his chitchat he looked at us as if we were bothering him. He looked in the computer and said we had no reservation; I tried showing him the two confirmation numbers for the two rooms I had reserved but he refused to look at it. Then stated he knew what had happened that our credit card was declined; told him it was not possible because we had more than enough money in our account. I asked to speak with someone else regarding this matter but he said he was the only one there; when I asked him for his last name he told me I didn't need to know his last name since he was the only Rick there. When asked at what time the manager will be in he said he didn't know-that the manager comes and goes as he pleases...Really? The whole demeanor of this man from beginning to end of our experience has been the worst we have ever encountered in our life; making us having to go somewhere else to stay. In USA, I hardly ever feel like being treated differently and disrespectfully because of our race, but this man made me think he has something against certain race. Terrible, terrible experience, especially in the 21st century! Have been trying unsuccessfully to bring the issue up to the General Manager for 2 days, not sure i'm not getting through because of the holidays. Won't stay there again as long as he is an employee.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nadia G
floridapalmbeach, General Manager at Stay Inn West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
I would like to start by saying we are very sorry for the unpleasant experience you had on your recent
Stay with us.
We have taken action to correct the issue.
We do hope that you can give us another chance to provide you the excellent customer service you deserve.
Yours sincerely