“Roach Motel”

Ranked #30 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
New York City, New York
“Roach Motel”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed in the Stay Inn hotel for one night on Monday, January 28th. We thought the location was great as it was very close to the airport. Plus, there was free parking but our joy was short lived once we checked in. The clerk at reception was very efficient and friendly but when we got to our room, we noticed a cock roach on the nightstand. It was. Pretty gross but my boyfriend killed it and we let it go. We went to the beach and for a drink when we came back, we noticed another cockroach on the nightstand when my boyfriend picked up the clock radio to set the alarm. My boyfriend killed that one, then saw another coming out of the dresser drawer. He opened the drawer and killed the cockroach and another one hiding under the bible. I was super grossed out at this stage and went into the bathroom to take a shower and saw two baby roaches on the floor. We put all of our stuff on the table near the door to keep cockroaches away from our stuff then we saw a roach near the table. They were everywhere. The Stay Inn should invest in some fumigators. I would avoid this place like the plague.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been exterminated and ask to check the room before you agree.
2 Thank Jackeerocks
floridapalmbeach, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
I would like to say Thank you for sharing your experience on you recent stay with us.
I would like you to know that we take our customers comment very seriously as we try to improve our self’s to provide our guest the best customer service.
The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.
Please be assured that the issues you've raised have been adressed, and the appropriate action has been taken.
Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.
We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.
Sincerly,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Finnish first
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We had a weekend getaway to West Palm Beach! Most hotels were very expensive so we picked this one! It was a great choice! Front Desk personnel were very friendly, room was perfect for our needs, pillows were outstanding! Good location and easy to find.

2 Thank acleve0624
floridapalmbeach, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
It is refreshing to know that our team members made your stay an enjoyable one and we hope to serve you in the further.
Best regards
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel about a week ago. We found the front desk personnel to very friendly and helpful. Rick was especially attentive to our needs; he copied maps, arranged for a cab to pick us up in the morning and gave us some helpful information as top where to eat. The girls at the desk were also kind and considerate, especially Dee.

This is a great hotel for the price.

Room Tip: The King Study rooms are very nice and roomy.
1 Thank Barbara L
floridapalmbeach, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
It is refreshing to know that our team members made your stay an enjoyable one and we hope to serve you again in the further.
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The policies, clearly stated online, were not honored by the front desk or manager. The toilet seat was cracked in half & the carpet was filthy. The housekeeper literally opened the door TWICE, hours before check-out. It was very obvious they could care less about their customers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank murr3732
floridapalmbeach, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
I would like to say Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent stay with us. I would like you to know that we take our customers comments very seriously and take action on the issues ASAP. We have a 24/7 Front Desk crew and managment team to address any concerns and issues once the Front Desk staff has been noticed.
We are sorry that you have not asked for a manager so we could have adressed your concerns.
Looking forward to serve again so we can show you our improvements .
Best regards
Miami, Florida
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Hotel and location were fine, but the guy at the front desk (Rick) was the most condescending, rude clerk I have ever encountered at any hotel in the United States, and I stay an average of 50 nights a year. We were not greeted on arrival. He skipped us to serve a person behind us; and told this person "what can I say I'm frustrated". He was really rude and was not helpful at all; after 10 minutes of us waiting for him to finish his chitchat he looked at us as if we were bothering him. He looked in the computer and said we had no reservation; I tried showing him the two confirmation numbers for the two rooms I had reserved but he refused to look at it. Then stated he knew what had happened that our credit card was declined; told him it was not possible because we had more than enough money in our account. I asked to speak with someone else regarding this matter but he said he was the only one there; when I asked him for his last name he told me I didn't need to know his last name since he was the only Rick there. When asked at what time the manager will be in he said he didn't know-that the manager comes and goes as he pleases...Really? The whole demeanor of this man from beginning to end of our experience has been the worst we have ever encountered in our life; making us having to go somewhere else to stay. In USA, I hardly ever feel like being treated differently and disrespectfully because of our race, but this man made me think he has something against certain race. Terrible, terrible experience, especially in the 21st century! Have been trying unsuccessfully to bring the issue up to the General Manager for 2 days, not sure i'm not getting through because of the holidays. Won't stay there again as long as he is an employee.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nadia G
floridapalmbeach, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
I would like to start by saying we are very sorry for the unpleasant experience you had on your recent
Stay with us.
We have taken action to correct the issue.
We do hope that you can give us another chance to provide you the excellent customer service you deserve.
Yours sincerely
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I am currently at the Stay Inn near the PBI airport. I've stayed in a number of hotels near this airport and although there are nicer ones, I think this is the best value. It is located very close to the airport, near the Holiday Inn. It is off set from the main road so is very quiet. The only food nearby is an IHOP in the front and a Wendy's about a block to the east. We have walked to the west and more than half a mile is a small shopping center with a great Cuban diner. This is a bit far.

Last night, the hotel was completely sold out and yet it was quiet. There are 2 buildings of 3 floors each. The rooms are on the outside of the building and if it were raining, I could see this being an issue for getting to some of the rooms. Each building has the option of elevator or stairs. We stayed on the second floor and I did not hear anyone above, below or to my sides. In fact, the only guests I heard were when early departures rolled their wheeled bags down the hall.

The room is somewhat dated by comparison to nicer hotels. It still has the colored comforter on the bed, an older style TV and a rug that is getting thin. Our room was a king and did have a nice desk with chair and a side chair. Plenty of space. Coffee maker was on the outside sink/vanity. 2 piece bathroom was unremarkable. The king bed was find but only had 3 pillows. There were also only towels for 3 (yes, I do use 2 large towels to shower). Thus, amenities were acceptable and what I expected in a hotel of this class. There were some flaws that should be corrected and show aging. There was a strip of carpet to the bathroom that had already been replaced but was in need of repair again. They had installed a curved shower curtain rod (which is nice) but someone must have grabbed onto it as it was pulling away from the wall. There was no doorstop on the bathroom door so the handle has pushed into the back wall, denting it. None of these issues are a big deal but point out that maintenance is not at a superior level. It appears big issues are fixed, little ones may be deferred.

Breakfast was in the main lobby. The space was somewhat tight but that could also reflect the full house. Nothing I didn't expect at breakfast (donuts, waffles, cereal). I had to ask for hot chocolate as it wasn't out. I noticed the oatmeal was also not out so if there is something you want, just ask. They did have bananas, which I don't often see.

Internet was free but slow.

My overall impression is that this is a great find for the price. The combination of price, cleanliness and quiet makes this a top choice.

Room Tip: I would avoid rooms 106-124. These are the rooms on the first floor that lead to the lobby. 2 issue...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
floridapalmbeach, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
It is refreshing to know that our team members made your stay an enjoyable one and we hope to serve you the further.
Thank you for staying at the Stay Inn West Palm Beach Hotel
Happy New Year from the Stay Inn Team memebers.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We stayed there for one night. The room was big and clean, the staff were friendly and professional, and the service was very good considering the price. The complementary breakfast was pefect. very good coffee.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at the Stay Inn West Palm Beach Hotel
Our best wishes for a happy new year.