WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of BEST WESTERN Palm Beach Lakes

BEST WESTERN Palm Beach Lakes
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in West Palm Beach
North Fort Myers, Florida
“Very nice and clean rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Rooms and Hotel very nice for price. Rooms clean and comfortable. Continental breakfast above average but they must get better coffee as it has to be the worst and in fact undrinkable.Pool area nice and found staff friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ClarkMichael, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Palm Beach Lakes, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear CMATCH,

We are so excited you found the hotel "Very Nice for the Price". We have just enhanced the breakfast area to expand the guest experience and are glad you found the offerings above average. Thank you for the coffee feedback and we will investigate what might of gone askew as we traditionally received positive comments regarding the brand and flavor. Please visit us again.

Michael Clark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Finnish first
Louisville, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

This hotel is located right off I-95 with easy access on/off the highway. It is also right next door to a Target store which is very convenient. Pool area is beautiful and has a nice patio to sit at while enjoying the continental breakfast!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear mel515,

Thank you for the high rating. I am glad you found the location, pool patio and the breakfast pleasing. Please visit us again some time soon.

new york
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I actually writing this outside the room. Lets start from the beginning we got here for r 3 o'clock booking and was told the room was not ready. Then we're offered a room on the second floor but to r dismay there is no elevator. So to get a room on the 1st floor were told by a very rude front desk person that we would have to wait an additional lhour. I asked to speak to the manager and he told me my room wasn't ready because I booked through booking.com I told him it made no difference I could have booked the room through his mother and it wasn't ready because it hasn't been cleaned. Thank god they were doing a shift change and the evening people got us into a room right away SURPRISE! The Room is small but ok and the garden area is very well kept but there is no wifi. A tech came down and said they had to move some wires around. So the wifi works just not in your room. The ride front desk person had made a recommendation for dinner and said it was walking distance about quarter mile. To our dismay we found out we were expected to cross the I 95 ramp with our 4 year old son to get to the restaurant. We will be checking out in the morning sooner if we could have gotten another room. This place is terrible the help is terrible there is no value in your dollar and is a waste of real estate. I always find something nice to say. What's that song ? There is a first time for everything. Nothing good go some place else. Lets add breakfast for 140 there should be hot food. I should have known wont let it ruin my day. These goofs are the ones that gotta stay here

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear NewYorkBighawk68,

Thank you for your feedback, we can only get better with such frank information. We are delighted you found the Garden area well kept. Keep in mind we have shared your feedback with the proper department heads and will address your concerns to make sure our guests have a great stay at a reasonable and clean property.

Warmest Regards,

Flushing, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

This was a very clean comfortable room, but unfortunately we were given a room with an exterior door. Around 5 AM the garbage truck lifting up the dumpsters to empty them made a tremendous crashing sound that could have woken the dead. I would think that the hotel would include in their contract to not allow the garbage to be picked up until 10AM or later in the day. Around 8AM the hotel cleaning cart rolled by the door also very loud. Seems like the cart could be given pneumatic wheels with air in them to make them quieter.
The room itself was very nice typical for a Best Western. I can say that the room did not smell of cleaning products which is very important for me. If it wasnt for the outside noise I would have rated this stay a lot higher.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
      Rooms
ClarkMichael, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Palm Beach Lakes, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear TravelUS1997,

Thank you for your kind words regarding the hotels cleanliness and the comfort of your room. We appreciate your feedback regarding the time at which the sanitation services picked up. This is not acceptable to us and we have reached out to the contractor mandating no pick up prior to 9am. Thank you again for the feedback. Please visit us again.

Holly Springs, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I asked tripadvisor to delete my previous post because the hotel was very concerned about its message. In dealing with the hotel and GM Bill, they were concerned and took action immediately. Kudos to them for caring. I was not given anything for changing my post nor was I compensated/refunded (I would not accept if offered). The hotel dealt with the issue and the misunderstanding was solved.

That said, I still have grave concerns about the cleanliness of the hotel and have reposted my pictures. Regardless of the response, pictures do not lie. The hotel has serious issues with the state of their bathrooms and it did not appear the housekeeping staff cleaned according to industry standards (you be the judge-I am not stating an opinion). I had issues with accumulated dust, hair everywhere (not my own), ants, and cracked tiles.

This property is rated poor because of these issues. They do care and are willing to discuss any problems you have with your room. I was only there one night and found the place subpar for the area, cost, and brand.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Anthony G,

Thank you for your candid feedback. Please be assured your concerns have been addressed and we are working diligently to improve our guests impression. We do care about our Classic styled hotel and consider your feedback a gift, to allow us to improve. Your experience is the exception and hope you may give us an opportunity at a future time to wow you with our offerings.

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Best Western,West Palm Beach,Fl on Palm Beach Lakes Blvd is like home away from home,including Family!
When I stay there it's just like being at home with my Family.I have actually stayed there for two months straight while going through treatments for Cancer and everyone took very good care of me.They are reasonably priced,clean and the Staff are very obiliging.They make sure your every need is met.They are also located near Down Town Palm Beach with many Restaurants near by.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dear Dorothy1959,

First allow me to personally wish you all the best health in this difficult time for you, I am glad to find your stay during this difficult time to be one of Home Away From Home. We wish you all the best and thank you for the top rating. Please let us know if you find yourself in the area again, it would be a pleasure to host your stay.

Warmest Regards,

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

This BW has a great location!!! The hotel has had some recent renovations and upgrades. However; the doors and locks are weak, as I had complained to front desk!! As a BW Diamond Elite Member and avid So. Fl., wreck diver, use this hotel on a regular basis!!

Front Desk Personnel and management is always Friendly and Courteous!!

Room Tip: Continental Breakfast is OK--