“Good location, clean comfy rooms, very helpful staff, good value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
north carolina
“Good location, clean comfy rooms, very helpful staff, good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2010

It took me a while to find the place, but once I did I was very happy with it. The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. Room was clean, comfortable and the kitchenette was well-appointed. I didn't eat the breakfasts, preferring to pick up food at the grocery store and eat in the room. The computer in the business center wasn't working, but I was able to print what I needed in the office. The place grew on me and I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Finnish first
Nova Scotia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2010

Before I start I think it's important that you know that we are seasoned travellers. We typically travel 3-4 times each year and have been travelling all over the world for about 15 years now.
I booked this hotel through Expedia and it was part of a flight, hotel and car package. Because of the package booking I'm not sure of the exact cost but I'm guessing it was in the $400-$500 range for 7 nights.
As per normal, I had read several reviews before I booked and was very pleased.
Much to my surprise the reviews didn't do this hotel justice.
As I pulled up to the hotel I thought, ok, nothing special. The interstate was very close. I checked in and the front desk clerk was very friendly and quite helpful. She told me everything I needed to know.
I walked in the room and was blown away. The first part of the suite is a kitchen/dining /living area with a big TV. From there, the small hallway had the bathroom off to the side and led to the sleeping area. The bed was very comfy and had a pillow top matress. The bathroom was plenty big and had a make-up desk/bench area.
We used the fully stocked kitchen and ate in a couple of nights. They have everything you need to make a full meal.
The suite was extremely clean and had very beautiful decor. I have to say I was expecting much less for this price.
The complimentary breakfast was typical. Limited selection, great service and very convenient.
There was a pool area in the front of the hotel. It was very clean and seldom used. We enjoyed it very much.
The maid service was fantastic.
As for the interstate, I didn't hear any traffic the whole week we were there. I am a light sleeper and had a great night's sleep every night.
I used the fitness center a few times. Great workout gear and nice TV's. Very clean room.
The central location is great. Easy access to the interstate and plenty of shopping and attractions close by.
Overall, the service was second to none. I would highly reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for the first two nights of a three week tour of southern Florida. It was linked from the WPB tourism site. My principal interest in WPB was to see historic buildings such as the Flagler house, the Breakers Hotel and the Norton Museum. It was my first time in the area and I was hesitant to stay outside of the downtown since I wouldn't be picking up a car until I was leaving WPB. The hotel offered a great solution: a shuttle van for a flat rate of $15 for your entire stay. Chris, the driver, picked me up from wherever I was, and dropped me to my next location as long as it was within five miles of the hotel. This saved me a fortune in cab fares, and made it possible to see many points of interest within a short time, including Worth Avenue and City Place. The staff including Donna and Jennifer at the front desk were warm and took a real interest in my stay. The room was actually a suite, with a sitting area/ kitchen separated from the bed area. The kitchen was just a little dark, since the layout did not allow for a window in this area. The bedroom was roomy and the bed very comfortable. On my first night I could hear noise from another room. I called the desk, they spoke to the guest and called me within five minutes to make sure it was quiet. I felt really lucky to have found this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
chyminter, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach, responded to this review, January 5, 2011
We thank you for your comments and we past them on to our employees. We consider our self very lucky to have such a friendly and willing to help team. They are constantly there to please and make your stay with us as comfortable as possible and they know the value of a repeat guest.
Thanks again from the Hawthorn team.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2010

This is the first time I've written a review on here, but I thought that this hotel deserved it. I only paid a little over £40 with Expedia for a very nice suite - I'd have expected to pay about double that. The location wasn't great - next to the freeway and airport - but if you've already had your dinner, or don't mind driving for dinner, then it's no problem. The hotel also had a fairly well-equipped gym. Breakfast wasn't perfect - they seemed to be struggling to keep things filled at 8am with a nearly empty breakfast room - but that was a minor negative in a very relaxing (I slept like a baby in a very comfortable bed) 1 night stay. Oh and fast and reliable internet was included:)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2010

I was very impressed by this hotel. The rooms are very large and have a full kitchen and sitting area. The bathroom is a good size and even has a vanity table and bench. The room and the rest of the hotel was very clean and beautiful. The staff were all very nice and accommodating. The hotel is located right off the I95 but we were never disturbed by sounds of traffic. It is a short drive to City Place and Clematis. They offer a complimentary hot breakfast buffet. My only negative comment is that the pool was very small, located at the front entrance, and only got sun for half of the day. Luckily, the pool was not busy during our stay. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2010

What can I say..............soooooooo.....glad I chose The Hawthorne Suites by Wyndom......
can't wait to go back........the amenities are unbelievable ......and the staff are awsome
great place to go if you are on a budget because one has the optional use of a fully equipped kitchen........hot buffet breakfast every morning........I want to give a hi-five to
staffers Jeniffer at the front desk.........Chris and Vincent..........shuttle drivers.....they really
helped make our stay pleasurable .......

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Fairburn, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2010

Expedia Rated #6 of best hotels in West Palm Beach?!! Are you kidding me? Have you seen this place? Trump Plaza in West Palm is it's nearest rival. Nothing else compares.

Marble floors throughout, Rich Mahoghany Cabinetry, Granite Kitchen and Bathroom Counters, Stainless Steel Appliances, Separate table in the bathroom for applying makeup. Soundproofed Walls. Not one but two 42 inch flat panel TV's. A work station, Wired and Wireless Internet in each room. Full Kitchen with all appliances, cookware, flatware and glasses Housekeeping even does the dishes for you! And for an additional $15 total for your Entire stay you get shuttled to wherever you want within a 5 mile radius. Rated only at #6 ? What's 2-5?

Within walking distance is a SuperTarget, Best Buy, and BrandSmart.
CityPlace is less than 5 miles away with plenty of shopping and a vibrant night. BB King's Blues Club is a must visit.

Back at the hotel the staff is phenomenal. Jennifer and Misty and Donna made our 6 night stay feel like no other. You may wonder, "Why get to know these people?" It's amazing how much nicer a stay can be when you check negative attitudes at the door. Show a smile get a smile. Show respect , get respect. Lessons so quickly forgotten. It also helps to read hotel amenities and rules before expecting services that aren't promised.

Breakfast is "complementary" and served til 10am (doesn't mean we can stroll down at 9:45 and expect crapes to be there). Theres a reason hotels charge extra for meals. Check In is at 3pm but you'd be amazed at the number of people who insist on being exempt. If I wanted $25.00 daily parking fees, valet service, and five star dining, I'd pick Trump Towers. And I'd be well within my rights to complain over anything that was promised but was not delivered.

In summary, this is a rare find. Look up Hawthorn Suites in Naples, Atlanta,etc. They pale drastically in comparison to this particular Hawthorn. Kudos to the staff. You've spoiled us by raising the bar so high for others to follow.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple