“Perfect, especially for kids”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed June 26, 2010

When driving up to the hotel, I noticed the pool in the parking lot and it was very close to the highway. At first glance I thought I made a mistake booking this hotel. I could not be more wrong! This hotel was great. All rooms are suites which is fantastic if you have kids. It has a very nice stainless/granite kitchenette with table to feed kids. It has a full sized fridge, we just went grocery shopping and it was a big money saver, even just to pack sandwiches for the beach/zoo. They also offer ample silverware, plates, glasses, pots, pans, etc. Just watch the sharp knives, in a lower drawer which kids could grab. Room also had a dishwasher, which was a nice touch.
The complimentary breakfast was awesome. Great coffee too. Very nice eating area or you can just bring it back to your room. Nice breakfast variety for picky kids. Eggs, french toast, pancakes, sausage bacon, cereal, fresh fruit, etc.
Has a flat screen t.v. in living room area and bedroom area. Also has nice set up if you have napping kids. They are in the back in the bedroom area and you can hang out in the living room area. The beds were extremely comfortable, one review said they had a lumpy mattress, I did not have that problem in my room. The bathroom was beautiful and large, with hairdryers that were good. Also free internet
The pool area was small, but that didn't bother us once we were swimming. Hotel has not much around it. Our room faced the highway and we heard no highway noise at all. Cityplace and Palm Beach Island were a few minutes away, it was quick.
We paid $99. a night for the room on an internet special. I have stayed in $400. rooms elsewhere in the country that don't even begin to compare. This hotel was fab, cheap, spotless, new and quiet with exceptional service and I highly recommend it. If you have kids or are spring breaking and on a budget, this is a great value. The downside is it isn't right downtown, but for the price, drive the 3 minutes and enjoy!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
hawthornwpb, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2010

We at Hawthorn Suites West Palm Beach like to thank you for staying with us and for your favorable comments you posted. Our hard working staff always appreciates encouraging comments like yours and we would be proud to be able to serve you on next visit to West Palm Beach again.
E.R. Eitner
DOSM

Reviewed June 20, 2010

Close to a target (walking distance) which was great for getting baby supplies. None of the activities or eateries we went to was further than 20 minutes away.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2010

My wife and I took the grandkids on a trip to Florida. We stayed at this hotel due to location (close to shopping for my wife and close to the zoo for the grandkids). We were also surprised at the low rate we received by booking through Resorts Plus International. We were very pleased. Not only did we get a low rate but we got a great hotel room! The rooms were clean and the beds were soft (maybe a bit too soft though). The kids enjoyed the pool. We will probably return to this hotel again. Nice employees.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2010

The room was gorgeous and well-appointed. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool was right outside of the lobby, so everyone driving in/checking naturally looks at those sitting by the pool or swimming. I thought this was a strange location. I would stay here again though.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 23, 2010

I am a notoriously HARD to please hotel client. This hotel gave me nothing to complain about and everything to compliment. It deserves it's number one rating here.
Had a one night stay with an early checkin around 9am. They let us go right to the room, no extra charge, no questions. Upon leaving the next day, I realized we would need to be in town longer. Checkout is 11am. I went to inquire how much it would cost to stay until 3pm instead. The nice lady at the desk said they would allow me to stay at a cost of zero dollars. She said no one needed our room so, it was no problem at all. Amazing...most hotels try to squeeze that last penny out of you for everything so that was refreshing.
I think there weren't many people staying there but I doubt it would have mattered. In my entire time there, I heard no one in either room next door (although they were there) no noise from the walls or hallway. I never heard anyone's toilets as others have said, although the automatic flush does scare the heck out of you. The detail they put into the rooms were awesome. Dark, rich colors, granite counters, every appliance, silverware, dishware, small supplies for coffee, etc. There was a beautiful sofa, desk, bathroom had a complete vanity and was super spacious...immediate hot water, high shower head small ledges on the tub for convenience, small toiletries. The iron and hair dryer were right there, 2 televisions including one wall mounted flat screen. There was a highway outside the window and I never heard a peep from it unless I opened the window. The 2 beds actually were full or queen sized, spacious, high and super comfortable with beautiful linens and extra ones, to boot. The decorating style was fabulous and I wanted to hire whoever designed it. They sure didn'rt make it look like a hotel.
I loved the breakfast in a pretty room with many choices, hot and plentiful, although we did take it to our room. Low lights with pretty dining tables and large TV for morning news. The staff was very friendly with their greetings without being intrusive. They seemed to actually try to be quiet in their work, unlike the Hilton I stayed at in April where the staff reveled in making great impact on the ears. The fitness room was wonderful and my 12 year old was even allowed to get in her exercise whereas many hotels would not allow her to work out because of her age. She is more respectful than most adults.
The restaurant there looked empty whenever I passed so, I didn't go. The elevators were nice and very fast, always ready. The location is just off the interstate, very easy to locate and return. Target was virtually next door and was great for all that you needed. The pool could have been better located, granted but it was still warm, although small but not crowded and it served it's purpose. I had no issues with it, lots of towels all ready on the backs of your chairs, very clean, pretty landscaping aroud the pond and very relaxing. this place reeks of detail orientation to the satisfaction of the customer.
Kudos to this hotel. They did everything just perfect. Do not hesitate to stay here. I thought Hilton would be a better name last month. I sure learned my lesson about brand vs quality. This is the ONLY place I want to be when I return.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2010

I booked a 2 bedroom suite at Hawthorn Suites over a month before my arrival.

After a very long day of traveling and driving, my wife and I and our 3 small children showed up to check in at 5:30pm, hungry tired and cranky from our long journey. After lugging our bags in by hand (no baggage cart), we were advised that they didn’t have our room. In fact the front desk let slip that the last 2 bedroom suite had been sold the day before. They had my contacts but nobody called to let me know that when I got to West Palm Beach, we would have nowhere to stay.

So with no discount, compensation, make good or apology, they did offer to put 5 of us in a 1 bedroom suite with 2 trundle beds and a crib in a living area the size of a postage stamp at their regular rate. In fact to add insult to injury, one of the front desk clerks advised us that we had better hurry up and make a decision before 6pm or we’d be charged a no show fee (for a room that they didn’t have!! Well, that was the straw that broke the camel’s back. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Out we walked.

I ended up booking the Embassy Suites, which is a much nicer hotel with a much nicer breakfast and always has my room when I arrive. The only reason we booked Hawthorn this time was that it had 2 bedrooms for our 3 kids. But never again.

The hotel reeks of cheapness. Yes it’s new, but low budget. The pool is right next to the front door so while people are pulling up to check in, they’re looking at you in the swimming pool while you breathe their noxious exhaust fumes. With no baggage cart, no room and uncaring and rude staff, I would live on the sidewalk before I ever came back to stay in this hotel.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank Travelsalot75

I have read your remarks about your stay at Hawthorn Suites West Palm Beach and we are sincerely sorry for the unpleasant stay you experienced. We like to make it up to you and show you that we can do better. When you plan your next visit to West Palm Beach, please contact us directly and we will do everything possible to make your stay memorable and enjoyable.
E.R. Eitner
DOS

Reviewed May 8, 2010

I want to share an unfortunate experience I had staying at
the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham at 301 Lamburton Drive in
West Palm Beach, Florida from April 29th thru the 30th,
2010.

This was my 2nd stay, the previous being in 2009 for the
Sunfest Festival, same reason as the 2010 visit.

I had called the week previously to make the reservation and
had informed the desk person that I need 2 5-day tickets ( I
was sharing them with friends coming in May 1st thru 2nd).
I was told the hotel had a special (55$ for the tickets, 95$
for the room) and that it would be no problem to have the
tickets waiting for me.

When I arrived, there was a record of my reservation but
nothing about the tickets. The desk person Jennifer was
very unhelpful and stated she could not rectify the
situation in any way.

Another problem was with the shuttle not being co-ordinated
with the Sunfest shows (last pickup 10:45) so that we were
forced to leave early both nights.

I was charged for 2 ice creams after waking up the desk
clerk (again, Jennifer) tho I'd only bought 1, minor issue.

The major problem was when I returned home. I had gone with
my son and had put the room on a VISA card hooked to my
bank account (I know) until my son had his card activated
(he forgot). First time I had had the card imprinted in a
year.

So May 6th my bank account was cleaned out in California.
I'm in Miami. Wachovia is making good on reimbursement but
I can only point out that the card had not been imprinted or
used at an ATM (I withdraw from Publix) for a year (only
used as a debit card as well) and then 4 days after staying
at Hawthorn...just bad luck I'm sure.

Anyway, it's probably best to use cash when staying here or
Amex if you must.