“Excellent location”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is a comfortable, well-maintained suite hotel. The staff is extremely cordial and helpful. The location, minutes from the airport (but not a flyover property) is near the turnpike and I 95. The Kravis Center, shops and major museums are within a 15 minute drive.

The suites are spacious and well equipped. They are a bit worn though and could benefit from an updating. The pool is small. Free newspapers are available in the breakfast area.

While breakfast is included and is welcome, it is sadly uneven. A stay of more than two nights demonstrates this. The personnel in the breakfast room are pleasant and try diligently to be helpful.

Overall, our stay was quite pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NellieNyack_NY
ClarkMichael, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear NellieNyack_NY,

Thank you for your top rating. As a Top Contributor you more than understand and appreciate great service and for your kind recognition we thank you. The Hotel is a young 5 years and we have begun a light refresh to some key areas. Our staff is the key to our continued success and we value your great review. Please visit us again.

There are newer reviews for Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We recently went to The CrossFit games and stayed at the West Palm Beach Hawthorn. The room was beautiful and comfortable... I only hated we were going to be on the run the whole time as the living/kitchen area was great! The breakfast buffet was varied and tasty (although a little slow to refill at times... but in their defense... those athletes can eat!). About 4 hours down the road, I realized I left a DIRTY t-shirt in the room. Normally this would not be a big deal, however, this shirt had sentimental value. I called the hotel, they said they would radio housekeeping and tell them to look for it, and for me to call back after 5:30. I did and they had my shirt... they put it in an envelope and mailed it to me... at NO CHARGE! THAT, is above and beyond... and greatly appreciated. We will look for Hawthorn Suites on all our travels from now on.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank nlueck

Dear nlueck,

Thank you for your "Excellent" review. The staff works their best to exceed our guests expectations and we feel honored to have such a great Team. We appreciate your recognition and will share your review with the team. Please visit us again.

Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Room was spacious and clean, although the decor was a bit dark. The bathrobe was delightful. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Shuttle service was great, showed as expected every time--well worth the one time charge. Breakfast buffet offered real choices and was a great start to the day. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank duvote
ClarkMichael, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear duvote,

We are thrilled to receive your top rating. True our suites are spacious over 500 square feet, and we take meticulous care in the cleanliness of the suites as well. The robes are a waffle cotton and guests rave about them as well. I am glad you enjoyed the shuttle service which can bring you within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. The suites are in a rich wood tone and we try to balance a comfortable elegance.

Please visit us again.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Am surprised at the #1 WPB rating. Three pros -- it's well-located for both WPB and PB, and the staff was very nice. Also, requested slightly early check-in, which was accommodated. However, as others have stated, it's immediately adjacent to I-95, which makes for a lot of noise. Upon arrival, I discovered that, and asked for a room change. It was done quickly and graciously. Unfortunately, the second room had some problems. While not as noisy as the first, it was still noticeable. Also, there was no TV remote, the cordless phone didn't work and needed to be replaced, and there were no robes in the closet as in the first room. Finally, my reward points were never credited, which necessitated a call to Wyndham, with a LONG time on hold. Breakfast was so-so, and the pool not really well-located on the property.

Room Tip: As far away from I-95 as possible
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank jjs98

Dear jjs98,

Thank you for your candid comments regarding our exceptional staff, location and our hotel accommodating your early arrival request. Most guests love the heated pool's location overlooking the great lake and fountain. We value your feedback and will share your comments with our Executive Housekeeper.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Hi. The hotel is easily accessed from the I95. The directions I had were not 100% correct on the last two turns, but we found it none-the-less. The grounds are beautiful. Our room was a suite, but it was wasted on us. We did use the refrigerator - there is a full kitchen. The bedroom section was a bit crowded as it contains two big beds (we only needed one!) I had difficulty resetting the thermostat - it was set at 72 which made it warm and stuffy for sleeping! There was a strange odor in the room - kind of like it has been closed up for too long maybe. We got used to it. Our room was pretty quiet, execpt you could hear the traffic on the I95 early in the morning. The breakfast buffet was great each morning. It was not execptional, but on par with most. The reception staff was great. The rooms were very clean. The hotel offers a shuttle for an $18 one time fee that will take you to and from places in a 5 mile radius. We used it once and it was great. The pool is on the small side, but it is heated. There is free internet and a fitness room. We didn't use either of those. We were in town to attend a horse show in Wellington, so ended up doing a lot of driving back and forth. The quick access to the highways was an asset for that.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Keiren_11,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Hotel. We appreciate your positive feedback regarding the convenient location, Managers Reception and the Breakfast. The Hotel tries it's best to exceed our guests needs and we thank you again for your feedback. I will share your comments with our staff to make sure every suite is in tip top condition.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Folks,
I've been coming to West Palm Beach for years so I've stayed at several different hotels in the area. So, I don't know how you can rank this hotel #1 in WPB??? I spent 5 days at this place and was I disappointed. I agree with Mario C. on his review. This noise from the highway (95N) was ridulous - loud and constant (and with the occasional motorcycle); additionally, there was a car alarm that was going off each evening. Sleeping was difficult at best. When I informed the front desk they shrugged (and in retrospect I agree, there really wasn't much they could do. Also, since I really couldn't get much sleep I figured I'd get a drink, but there's no bar in the hotel. To think you guys rank this hotel as #1 is a joke. The breakfast-fixings were cheap - self serve on plastic. The pool out in front of the hotel reminded me of a Holiday Inn. Final point, I don't think of $129 dollars a night as an inexpensive hotel, this is far from best value. I think a much better choice is the Hilton by the West Palm Beach Airport on Australian Ave, It costs less, has a bar, much nicer pool, and a Tiki Bar.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Chris C
ClarkMichael, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear ChrisC,

Thank you for your feedback. We value your observations and suggestions. You are correct we are a Focused Service Extended Stay All Suite Hotel with Suites over 500 square feet offering full kitchens. Forgive us if you had not found the silverware and Glass plates in our Hot Buffet breakfast area, as we do offer a choice for our guests. The Hotel does offer a complimentary Managers Reception Monday-Wednesday which includes those drinks you were looking for,as well our gift shop offers adult beverages for purchase during your stay. Please personally contact me if you find time to discuss your stay so we can make things right with you.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Who can build a hotel almost attached to a highway and not provide double-glass windows? Who can design a small suite where the living room is dark and the bedroom has a window that almost goes wall to wall? And what management can boast "breakfast included" and then let the customers help themselves on cheap plastic plates and plastic silverware to be placed on bare tables? The first morning I tried their scrambled eggs: something was scrambled, but It was hard to recognize the eggs. Yes, it is very inexpensive and the beds are comfortable ---- if you could sleep on them without relying on earplugs!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Mario C

Dear MarioC,

Thank you for your candid feedback. We value your comments and will try our best to address those items mentioned. I am sorry you did not find a option which suited your needs after personally showing you other choices in the Hotel. Please keep in mind the hotel does have the appropriate windows as we are a new hotel built in 2008 offering suites over 500 square feet in size. Enjoy your time in West Palm Beach.