“Big room....small price” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
SASKATOON
“Big room....small price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Separate kitchen/living room and bathroom. Full sized fridge and two burners as well as a microwave. Granite surfaces throughout and 2 TV's all for less than we were paying for standard 2 queen hotel rooms at other locations. The breakfast offered more than most places with some fresh melon as well as oranges, apples and bananas. They also had hot potatoes as well as sausage and eggs. We didn't go in the pool. It seemed small from the outside. The surrounding neighbourhood was quiet but still near the freeway for our 1 hour trip to the Fort Lauderdale Airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jay_D_A2
ClarkMichael, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Jay_D_A2,

We are so excited to find your top review for our hotel. Our spacious Suites are intended to make our guests feel at home while traveling and we appreciate you recognizing this feature. We are also glad you found the Breakfast offerings and facilities top notch. Please visit us again when your travels find you in the area.

Michael Clark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Finnish first
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed at this property for one night with my son. I was having trouble finding the property and called the desk and the representative was having difficulty providing me with directions. I ended up finding the property on my own.

The decor in the common areas and the rooms was nice. I loved the size and layout of the rooms in particular. It's so nice to stay in a "suite" property with a full size kitchen including a larger refrigerator and stove top. I loved the bedding too.

The internet was really slow. I tried multiple login sites and still had slow, intermittent internet connection. Very frustrating.

We left before we could take advantage of the breakfast but the dining room is very large.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank NJtravelingmom
Brockton,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Before I chose this spot, I read all the reviews on many of the websites. I took the good and the bad. I was very please with this hotel.This hotel has a lot to offer. When I arrived, I was happy to see that the rooms were very clean and welcoming. Each rooms had a stove, a living room set up, 2 TV's, a stainless steel dishwasher, lovely cherry wood cabinets, stainless steel fridge and so much more. I felt like I was in my very own studio apartment. I loved it!! They have free breakfast each morning. They offer free social hour every Mondays and Wednesdays which includes appitizers and refreshments. The staff at the desk assist me with everything I needed. They even had a small store near the front desk where snacks and munchies are sold. This trip only included my son and myself. My mother later came by and a friend. They were able to stay we me at the hotel for free!! (you are allowed up to 4 people in one room). We loved it so much, that we called my other sisters and convince them to book the rest of their stay at the Hawthorn. We all stayed there for 6 days total. The kids had a ball!! This hotel is inviting and very relaxing.Excellent choice!! You can not go wrong with this hotel.

1 Thank Deborah L
ClarkMichael, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Deborah L,

Thank you for sharing you wonderful stay and experience with our Tripadvisor family. Glad to find you even had family members choose to stay, that is a true validation of our continued effort we place on our services and facilities. Please come back again.

Warmest Regards,
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Throughout our stay, we were delighted with all aspects of the hotel!
Staff were professional, knowledgeable & friendly; breakfasts were healthy & varied, room & facilities were inviting & relaxing.

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

3 Thank Barbara L
Dear Barbara L,

We are glad to find you found our Hotel a top rated property. Our entire staff truly enjoy Hospitality in a genuine way and appreciate your kind recognition. Please visit us again.

Warmest Regards
Sunrise, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

This hotel was a one night stay for my husband and me. The hotel has such great potential but is so very run down. Warped cabinets and baseboards in the bathroom, ripped shower curtain, peeling wallpaper, cracked tiles, two lamps missing light bulbs, etc. Such a shame. It may have been a lovely place at one time. The front desk clerks were more than helpful and very pleasant. The breakfast buffet was atrocious! Sticky counters and food on thin paper plates. The photos showing the breakfast buffet must have been taken somewhere other than this hotel. Just disgusting. The kitchen/buffet workers appear to hate their jobs. They scowl and barely answer you when you ask a question. I've stayed at other hotels, with comparable rates, that offer a breakfast buffet and was expecting a similar experience here. I was wrong. Don't have high expectations and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Holly R
Dear Holly R,

Thank you for your review. We strive to provide the finest facilities and services for our guests. We have investigated your concerns and have even just posted some photos taken today of the hotels breakfast room dated 01/11/13. Please let me know if we can be of any further assistance.

Warmest Regards
Wellington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Overall we were pleased with our stay except when we asked about the 'guests' that had a guard, well we were given the run around. I wish we had just been told the truth. I found it odd on two occasions when our 15 year old grandson went to the front desk he was asked where he was going by the guard. When he turned and faced the guard, the guard replied oh sorry, never mind. They were closely watching their people but why wouldn't the hotel just tell us who they were when asked. I could mention other instances that were uncomfortable. If the 'special group' is not staying there anymore than I highly recommend this hotel. Front desk ladies are the best. Room was clean. Location is good.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ClarkMichael, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear TotoFan14,

We are very grateful for your Kudos to our front desk team members. We strive to offer a kind and genuine experience for all of our guests. In this pursuit we also honor and value all of our guests privacy and will never disclose guests personal information. Please feel free to visit our Hotel again.