“Good room set up for kids”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed March 26, 2012

This 3 year old hotel is clean and was a great set up for my two young boys - a living room area with a full sized fridge, dining room table with a TV and a couch made my impromptu meal times easy. There was a bathtub for bath time, and it was big enough to not only have a sink but also a vanity - nice perk. The bedroom was at the end of the suite, so the added privacy was nice. Breakfast was easy too - a couple of yogurts, eggs and fruit and my boys were happy. A good value.

Room Tip: Just make sure your windows are shut because the road noise can be loud. For some reason ours were...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Our stay was for 1 night, February 27, 2012. The suite concept works very well at this property. We appreciated the extra space it provides.

The common areas on the main floor are spacious, clean and beautifully appointed as are the guest suites. We were pleased with the Manager's Reception and the good food offered there. We would not hesitate to recommend this property.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

We were in West Palm Beach to attend a concert at the Kravis Performing Arts Center. We found a good rate at the nearby Hawthorn Suites. The hotel itself is lovely and close to the PAC. The room was large and well-appointed, but housekeeping seemed not too thorough. The coffee table in the kitchen/living area was dirty. I cleaned it myself. Also, someone should have freshened the under sink area in kitchen. It smelled like a sausage pizza had been under there for awhile before it was cleaned. The room was quiet, the bed was clean and comfortable, and bathroom was spotless. The free breakfast was very good...lots of choices and nice, hot foodd...even bisquits and gravy! Overall, I would say this hotel is a good value, and the front desk people are very nice and accomodating.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

We stayed at the wyndham for one week during spring break..First of all the staff is outstanding! They are just so very nice :) The hotel is well appointed and very clean, unlike many hotels I have been to. The hotel itself is well situated, it is near the I-95, easy access to everything, restaurants, stores, etc...

Ok..so the pool issue, many ppl have been upset because the pool is not well situated, true..due to the fact that the space around the hotel is not all that great. The pool is located out in front of the lobby doors..BUT, its surrounded with bushes and a gate..not the best place I agree but its not like ppl see everything. For me it was not an issue when I booked because the pool was not in my criteria. Just keep that in mind.

The room was extremely clean..full kitchen, ustencils, pots and pans..you name it, its all there..
Bathroom was a large size with a makeup corner..very cute and well organised. The bed was comfortable.
What is fun about the room is that your bed is not in all one room, its located in the back directed with a small corridor..so you can have your privacy while your other guest can stay in the living/kitchen, that was a plus for me. Each room has 2 tv's.
We stayed on the 6th floor(last)..I wanted it to be quiet and thats what we got, on the 6th foor their are very little rooms and its just beautiful, well decorated when the elevator doors open. Its also the erea where they will have business meetings and so on. Very well appointed. The rooms are the same as anywhere else in the hotel, its just quieter..during our stay their was many teenager tournaments, baseball and so on..This seems to be a very popular hotel for those types of events. We did not hear a sound out of them.

The breakfast erea was ok, I tried it once, its not the ritzs..from the get go we had decided that we were having breakfast in our room since we had the kitchen and all. I think it could use some improvement, for a 3 star hotel I did not expect anything more. They have the usual products

We had rented a car but they do offer for a one time fee (18$). They will drive you within 5 miles radius to anywhere you want. Thats a great deal at least when you are staying for a few days and you want to visit and go to the beach.

In all, i give it a high five! Just keep in mind of the pool and breakfast..If you are looking for a 5 star this is not the place..they treat you like it was 5 star though, it makes up for the little things.

A special thanks to LUIS, you are amazing, you get the employee of the month for sure...thank you for everything you have done for us to make our stay fabulous!!

Before you leave you must ask them for the right adress to put into your GPS! From the airport its very close but without the right adress it will take u for ever!

Have fun and enjoy, you will not be disapointed

Room Tip: Ask for the 6th floor and away from the highway if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LovetoGolfMontreal
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I have stayed at Wyndham Hotels in the past, but this was my first time at Hawthorn Suites. Hotel was exceptional, perfect location, clean, comfortable bed, spacious, etc.. But, the pillows were absolutely disgusting! I had two double beds, which meant I had 6 pillows to choose from, all incredibly disgusting lumpy pillows. I called down to guest services to request better pillows, but the same nasty pillows arrived--a shame!

• Stayed: February 2012
murray123, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your mostly positive review. I will personally be sure to inspect the pillows at our property. I must say this was the first complaint regarding them we recieved. We do value your opinion and appreciate you taking the time for sharing it.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Spent two nights at this super clean hotel. Staff very friendly and helpful. Pool in in poor location (in front of the hotel) but the weather made it impossible to use during our stay. Breakfast included but was less than expected. Poor selection. There is nothing within walking distance but I cannot complain about the room and staff. I would stay again.

2  Thank ref48
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The hotel is really well maintained, clean, with nice and professional staff, very comfortable bed, suites, no noise.

The location is near the airport far from the center. Nothing to do without a car. The swimming pool is just in front of the hotel with the cars going around this is not a good place for it.

Poor breakfast and nothing else in walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business