“More than adequate” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Wilmington, Delaware
“More than adequate”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Was in town for a family wedding, so I cashed in club points to avoid paying for the Marriott Singer island resort (where the wedding was). I was upgraded to a suite upon arrival and my room was ready. Used the pool (OK) and breakfast area (what I expected for a HIE). Staff was remarkably friendly and attentive. Hotel was very close to the highway, making travel with a car easy. The hotel is located in a business park area, so there was not much you could go to if you didn't have a car.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JjO0Ee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed here for 2 night and got what I think was the best room in the hotel. Top floor huge room with giant floor to ceiling windows. Price was right but the breakfast ended too early and we had to go to Dunkin Donuts down the street.
Had 2 fire alarms go off in the middle of the night. Upon checkout I asked about it and they offered half off for that night. Very professional.
Great place to stay!

Room Tip: Pay the extra few bucks for one of the "executive" rooms. Mine was awesome
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Spencer, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

The hotel was very nice, clean, and had a nice continental breakfast. The room was nice and cool, bed was comfortable and nice pillows also. It was close to the beach and easy to find. We stayed here after a busy week on a cruise. The hotel had a nice pool to relax at and staff was eager to assist us with finding a restaurant to deliver pizza right to the pool side.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

We were scheduled to arrive at West Palm late (12am), so I called the hotel to make sure they know we are still coming. It was 3am when we finally got to the hotel. Front desk lady was very friendly. Check in was a breeze and they gave us a room on the first floor pretty close to the entrance. It makes perfect sense for late arrival guests to pass by as few rooms as possible. We got up late and I was sure we would miss breakfast, but the lady was very nice and kept bringing food out until we were done. She checked with us first every time before she took something to the back.
This hotel seems to be located in a business park area. The surrounding is very quiet at night. The area gives a very clean impression. There is a pool that’s fenced in but visible to the people driving by. The area didn’t give me the impression that there would be any foot traffic.

1 Thank LivingForTravel
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

The hotel was amazing and after a 3-week cruise, it was just what I needed. A nice, cold, room as well as amazing staff (Star, Lin the Breakfast Attendant, basically all of them were so amazing)... The only bad thing (and for this you cannot blame the staff) about it was that it was located far out from other places. Near the Convention Center, but what Convention Center does not have an ample atmosphere of activity around it? Sure, it was located on the highway (but what use is that when you used the bus and train to get there?), but not having a wide selection of restaurants around it was a negative. As was the $30 I paid for the 5 mile trek to the airport when I read (and was told) that this place had an airport shuttle by someone with Holiday Inn's Main Reservation Center....

Room Tip: If you plan on being in your room during the day, ask for an room not facing the pool. Those kids we...
Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Bouncing around state of Florida for spring break. Headed down to Miami and made it as far as West Palm Beach. We usually like Holiday Inn Express and this one was ok. Stucko walls kinda gross not my liking very old looking. Plus we just picked it out of the blue I thought West Palm beach was a nice town. But I wasn't crazy about this location. They said on the phone that they were a block from beach. I think they exaggerated. Plus there was a "gentleman's club" literally right down the street. Not great when you are coming in at night single mom with kids to see that and a bunch of pickup trucks in the parking lot. But that might just be me!!

Room was ok breakfast was usual. Just wish it looked nicer and was in a better area. My opinion was ehhh it'll do.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites MetroCentre, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear love_da_sea,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. I am glad you mentioned the hotel breakfast. We are very proud of our products and service. However, I apologize for any inconvenience you may have had due to the interior of the room and if the location was not to your liking. I have taken note on your comments and will submit this to the manager for future upgrades. We always welcome opportunity to improve.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Wichita Falls, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed in this Holiday Inn Express the night of March 11th. We checked in at 5 pm on Sunday evening and a couple of things immediately struck my eye. First, my room wasn't ready. I don't know about you, but when a hotel says you can't check in until 4 pm and the room isn't immediately ready when you check in at 5 pm --- you've got a property that has issues. Second, there was another couple checking in while I was waiting to see if my room was ready. He had a receipt, was part of a golf package, and was told they didn't have a room like he had ordered even though the reservation was made a couple of months before arrival. Once my room was "ready", I walked to the elevator with my wife and went to our room. When I was getting ready to go in the room, the golf couple came out the their room -- and told me the refrigerator didn't work, the room was a mess and they wondered how they could get it cleaned. To make a long story short, that was my arrival. I agree with another one of the reviews, this property had a much nicer exterior and lobby than room. I took some pictures of the room, but honestly, this property ranked right up there with Motel 6 instead of Holiday Inn Express.

Good Stuff:

- There was a television that worked well and had a lot of channels to watch
- There was a refrigerator in the room and it did work

Needs Improvement:

- The internet speed for this free High Speed Internet was atrociously slow
- The bathroom had been remodeled or repairs horribly
- Show curtain (cloth outer) was nasty
- Bathtub wasn't particularly clean
- The property wasn't using the well-known Holiday Inn Express soap and amenities. They were using some cheap stuff (See pictures)

Overall, this Holiday Inn Express doesn't measure up to the other HI Express properties I've stayed in over the years. It used to be that if the sign said HI Express, you knew you were in good hands. This one didn't do that for me.

I rated this property 3 of 5. That's comparing it to all hotels. Certainly, I wouldn't give it a 3 compared to other Holiday Inn properties. I will not stay in this property again, but that doesn't me you shouldn't. It was clean, just wasn't the most modern and seemed really disorganized at the front desk. It also just means the room was very Spartan and not representative for a room that routinely charges $140 + in March or HI Express as a whole.

Room Tip: The rooms one the south side of the hotel are probably quieter because they're away from the mai...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites MetroCentre, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear samgraham,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received poor service from our staff and housekeeping. We will address these point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.