“Good but forget breakfast”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites West Palm Beach Metrocentre
Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed here for PGA Golf, very handy for that and downtown West Palm Beach. Large comfortable rooms with all you need, wi fi a little slow and erratic. Very good staff and welcoming also helpful with any questions.
Breakfast was awful, scrambled eggs from powder, sausage patty like shoe leather. Horrible plastic cutlery and polystyrene crockery. The room rated were hiked due to golf and ok, this happens but you feel it more with such bad food. Seems typical in some US chains but would never happen in Europe, food is much better and fresh. Shame.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank PhillipN741

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Nice business hotels. Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and staff is very friendly and helpful. I've stayed at this location several times and have yet to encounter a problem that would prevent me from coming back. The pillows, are soft and firm and an ample amount, but still have much to be desired. However it is hard to find a hotel with a pillow comparable to home. Breakfast is a typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast but lacks the pancake machine. Coffee was fresh as were the eggs, bread an bacon. My only compliant at this facility is that its time for new shower heads, the typical Florida water has deteriorated the current shower heads affecting their use and appearance. There are not a lot of restaurants in the immediate area except Cracker Barrel, but if you ask at the front desk they will gladly help.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Just got home after 8 days in this hotel. Not the newest or most modern, but clean and friendly. Manager and staff did all they could to accommodate us. Breakfast is soooo yummy. Looked forward to it every day, and it is included with room. Close to necessities and 95, where you can go to get anything you want. Nice business/medical complex for long walks. Absolutely would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We just spent a week at this Holiday Inn. We had one of two suites. There are standard rooms too, of course.
Clean, Efficient, priced well; close to major highway (95)
Great, friendly well trained staff. Nice breakfast every morning.
Highly recommend this place for your stay.

Room Tip: We had the suite #219. Great room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Neil S
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Okay, my first mistake was using Hotwire. Had I known the hotel I paid for was going to be a Holiday Inn, I never would have used it. Don't be fooled by the lobby. It looks 10 times better than the rooms. Arrived early and was given a room right away, that was a plus. The minus was the internet did not work. I have to say the front desk was helpful with that. After contacting IT and it still not working I was changed to another room where it worked. Unfortunatley the carpet was dirty (sticky) to wear I would not let my feet touch it. But I had working internet and therefore did not compalin. Every employee there was very friendly and helpful which was a major pus. If not for the staff I beleive I would have left there prepaid or not. They all shoud be employed at a better quality hotel. Now I do have one complaint. When I changed rooms I had a visitor who came looking for me. That person went to the old room and somehow was given the new room I was in. As a female traveling alone that is a big NO NO! For security reasons that should never happen!!! But again the peope there were so nice that I let it slide. After extended travel I was looking for somewhere to recup and this hotel did serve that purpose.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites West Palm Beach Metrocentre, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear c0960,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I appreciate and wish to thank you for the kind words for our staff. On the other hand, please accept my sincerest apologies for the not up to par experience you had specifically with the cleanliness of the room. I assure you that all your comments will be looked into. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Neighborhood seemed to be a couple of business parks, extremely wide streets, residential; quiet, near I95 access. Usual lobby, efficient clerk. Had to call twice for towels--none in room when we checked in, then they didn't bring enough. Plain room, BR wall badly marred by behind-the-door hook - could be covered by a tile or metal plate. Some deterioration of caulking around tub that was unsightly. Two sitting chairs...one large fabric covered (I prefer coverings that can be washed between customers), one desk chair. Bed too soft, sheets impossible to make tidy, no third sheet to cover blanket probably used by multiple tenants. Older facility - dreary hallway.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patty P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites West Palm Beach Metrocentre, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear travelorWAstate,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. I am very sorry to hear about the troubles you encountered over the condition of the room as your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 30, 2012

The room was clean, the free breakfast was fairly good, the wifi was strong, and the staff was friendly. My only complaints:
1) The pool is not heated (not uncommon; just don't expect to be swimming in winter).
2) A suite at this hotel is really just a long room. It is not a pair of rooms. We were hoping for separate rooms, so that we could put our daughter to bed and then sit in the other room and read or watch television. There is no other room, though--just a tiny kitchenette that is part of the single, long room.
3) The beds are hard. That's normal at this price point, but it still disappoints me every time.

Room Tip: Don't bother paying more for a suite. If you want a real suite, choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family