“Really Great Hotel”

Ranked #19 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Hamilton, Canada
“Really Great Hotel”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We just spent a week at this Holiday Inn. We had one of two suites. There are standard rooms too, of course.
Clean, Efficient, priced well; close to major highway (95)
Great, friendly well trained staff. Nice breakfast every morning.
Highly recommend this place for your stay.

Room Tip: We had the suite #219. Great room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Neil S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Okay, my first mistake was using Hotwire. Had I known the hotel I paid for was going to be a Holiday Inn, I never would have used it. Don't be fooled by the lobby. It looks 10 times better than the rooms. Arrived early and was given a room right away, that was a plus. The minus was the internet did not work. I have to say the front desk was helpful with that. After contacting IT and it still not working I was changed to another room where it worked. Unfortunatley the carpet was dirty (sticky) to wear I would not let my feet touch it. But I had working internet and therefore did not compalin. Every employee there was very friendly and helpful which was a major pus. If not for the staff I beleive I would have left there prepaid or not. They all shoud be employed at a better quality hotel. Now I do have one complaint. When I changed rooms I had a visitor who came looking for me. That person went to the old room and somehow was given the new room I was in. As a female traveling alone that is a big NO NO! For security reasons that should never happen!!! But again the peope there were so nice that I let it slide. After extended travel I was looking for somewhere to recup and this hotel did serve that purpose.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites MetroCentre, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear c0960,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I appreciate and wish to thank you for the kind words for our staff. On the other hand, please accept my sincerest apologies for the not up to par experience you had specifically with the cleanliness of the room. I assure you that all your comments will be looked into. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
WA state
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Neighborhood seemed to be a couple of business parks, extremely wide streets, residential; quiet, near I95 access. Usual lobby, efficient clerk. Had to call twice for towels--none in room when we checked in, then they didn't bring enough. Plain room, BR wall badly marred by behind-the-door hook - could be covered by a tile or metal plate. Some deterioration of caulking around tub that was unsightly. Two sitting chairs...one large fabric covered (I prefer coverings that can be washed between customers), one desk chair. Bed too soft, sheets impossible to make tidy, no third sheet to cover blanket probably used by multiple tenants. Older facility - dreary hallway.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Patty P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites MetroCentre, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear travelorWAstate,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. I am very sorry to hear about the troubles you encountered over the condition of the room as your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The room was clean, the free breakfast was fairly good, the wifi was strong, and the staff was friendly. My only complaints:
1) The pool is not heated (not uncommon; just don't expect to be swimming in winter).
2) A suite at this hotel is really just a long room. It is not a pair of rooms. We were hoping for separate rooms, so that we could put our daughter to bed and then sit in the other room and read or watch television. There is no other room, though--just a tiny kitchenette that is part of the single, long room.
3) The beds are hard. That's normal at this price point, but it still disappoints me every time.

Room Tip: Don't bother paying more for a suite. If you want a real suite, choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mhammoc
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

When I checked in, the closet door almost fell on me because of bent hinge tracks. Also the shower curtain was too short horizontally by over a foot, and one of the shower valve screws was half way out. I travel a lot and usually stay at Holiday Inn Express properties. They are my home away from home, so I informed the desk staff about the issues. When I came back to my room that evening, everything was all fixed up. I would not hesitate to stay here again. They have great freeway access, but are not close enough to hear the traffic.

• Stayed December 2012
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

There is not too much good to say about this stay. The Internet was down the whole stay and I was there on business so made it very difficult. Room was ok, bathroom had hair all around the floor, tub, and sink. Breakfast was not edible. It is a basic value hotel, if you are just there to sleep and go. FYI, I did complain and was told that at least the next I stay there I will have a better stay. My first stay in holiday inn and my last.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kevin W
New York Metro
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The hotel is pretty average. The room was OK. We only spent one night there. The walls are very thin and we kept hearing people outside. The pillow cases said firm and soft on them, but all the pillow were the same. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family