“Good for the price, but the suites are not really suites.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites MetroCentre
Ranked #19 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The room was clean, the free breakfast was fairly good, the wifi was strong, and the staff was friendly. My only complaints:
1) The pool is not heated (not uncommon; just don't expect to be swimming in winter).
2) A suite at this hotel is really just a long room. It is not a pair of rooms. We were hoping for separate rooms, so that we could put our daughter to bed and then sit in the other room and read or watch television. There is no other room, though--just a tiny kitchenette that is part of the single, long room.
3) The beds are hard. That's normal at this price point, but it still disappoints me every time.

Room Tip: Don't bother paying more for a suite. If you want a real suite, choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mhammoc

Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

When I checked in, the closet door almost fell on me because of bent hinge tracks. Also the shower curtain was too short horizontally by over a foot, and one of the shower valve screws was half way out. I travel a lot and usually stay at Holiday Inn Express properties. They are my home away from home, so I informed the desk staff about the issues. When I came back to my room that evening, everything was all fixed up. I would not hesitate to stay here again. They have great freeway access, but are not close enough to hear the traffic.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 13, 2012

There is not too much good to say about this stay. The Internet was down the whole stay and I was there on business so made it very difficult. Room was ok, bathroom had hair all around the floor, tub, and sink. Breakfast was not edible. It is a basic value hotel, if you are just there to sleep and go. FYI, I did complain and was told that at least the next I stay there I will have a better stay. My first stay in holiday inn and my last.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin W
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The hotel is pretty average. The room was OK. We only spent one night there. The walls are very thin and we kept hearing people outside. The pillow cases said firm and soft on them, but all the pillow were the same. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed here while attending a conference at another hotel. This property is just average. Breakfast is the typical Holiday Inn Breakfast which is nice that it's complimentary. The fitness center was less than desired. I couldn't get the treadmills to work, which there were only two and one bike. There weren't even any weights. It was a very small room. I'd probably stay somehwere else next time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This Holiday Inn Express is not up to par with the others. I've stayed at a lot of HIE's and this one is just ok. It looks like they tried to renovate the hotel but didn't go the extra mile to make it like the other HIE's.

The worst part was when I laid on the bed, which was very uncomfortable, and realized there was just a thin white sheet between me and the mattress. There was no mattress pad on the bed! Eww! I called to ask if they could put one on but they offered me a thick type comforter instead which worked fine. If not for the staff, I would have found another hotel that night.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites MetroCentre, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear Scorpiofl,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. I am sorry our hotel fell below your expectation and regret you were not satisfied with the conditions of the room you received. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Just Arrived in town to relocate, front desk personnel were very friendly and efficient. Room is nice, nothing extraordinary but good for price.Easy location for access to highway. Breakfast was very nice one of the best for this chain.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Hemal P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites MetroCentre, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank you for your review, we appreciate the kind words and look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.