“Excellent Food but Pricey!”

Marcello's La Sirena
Ranked #62 of 668 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 5 blocks north of Forest Hill Blvd.
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Excellent Food but Pricey!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My daughter and I both had the special which was lobster ravioli, They were excellent, however we each received 4 raviolis, no sides! I had the house salad and she had the spinach salad which again were both excellent. My mother in law had a chicken dish which she said was just ok. My daughter and I both had a glass of the house wine and my mother in law had black coffee. The bill with tip came to $150. Not sure I would go back even though the food was excellent. I agree with the other reviewers that we were probably being rushed as well. There was a large party coming in at 7:30. We arrived at 6:10 and were out of there in the car by 7.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Deb H

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Marvelous food is complemented by efficient service”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We have been many times and continue to be impressed by how smoothly this small haute cuisine northern italian restaurant is managed. The menu does not vary much but the pasta dishes , fish and meats are the best prepared in palm beach county .the escargot in a lemony garlic sauce on top of polenta are the best escargot I have ever had.

• Visited February 2014
“Ripoff”
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

We have enjoyed this restaurant in the past but now we won't be back. The maître d' ripped us off. We ordered a pasta dish for $18 and asked him what other pasta beside angel hair he could give us. He offered fettuccine and we said ok. When the check came he charged $28.We told him it was a mistake. No he said the fettuccine was homemade and $10 more. He refused to change the bill so we took it out of his tip and said we would never be back. He was rude and if a restaurant allows this type of behavior there are many other places to go. Bye bye la Sirena.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank John F
San Antonio, Texas
“Excellent food, but ...”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

The food was really extremely good, as was the setting. However, we were placed at a small round table for two set in the middle of the room. And every time someone went by, they brushed against one of us. Not very comfortable, and to the point that before I lifted my wine glass I checked that no one was headed my way. Service was very efficient, almost too much so. We noticed that there was a long table set up for a large group filling up the middle of the restaurant, and they seemed in a hurry to get us out. When I go to a nice restaurant like this, I want to be able to savor the moment. And it wasn't like that. Too bad. If I'm in the area again, I might go there. And, yet, with all the restaurants proliferating, I probably won't.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank XenonNewton
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Rushed boardering on Rude”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

The food was excellent, although the vegetables were soaked in butter.
From the moment we arrived until we left, we thought that we were being rushed. They gave us the menu and told us the specials and then returned in less than a minute to take our order. They acted displeased that we were not ready to order. After the meal the waiter hovered over me, holding dirty plates, while I put my leftovers in a box. I even asked him to take the dishes to the kitchen while I packed my food, but he told me he would wait until I was done, so he could take my plate.
Truthfully, there are places in South Florida that are just as good, for less money, where they treat you like an important client. I would not return to this restaurant again.

• Visited January 2014