“quiet, comfortable and spacious room.”

Grandview Gardens Bed & Breakfast
Asheville, North Carolina
“quiet, comfortable and spacious room.”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Really enjoyed my three day stay at Grandview. I will definitely stay there again. For the ambiance, the service and the price...It is really a good value. Our host Peter was simply delightful. We had a lot of business to attend to, so did not enjoy the beautiful pool area very much, but would like to on the next trip. The bed was very comfortable. Cozy sofa and desk. Lovely view.. small frig in the room, electric tea pot with coffee "bags". We appreciated and used, the provided beach towels. The only problem we had was that we needed more bath towels. only two bath towels... we are both use two towels per shower.. - I didn't mind the policy of not changing towels everyday, but we needed more. I asked the maid for additional towels, but she did not speak English and simply changed the two out for two more....
Breakfast, especially the fruit, was good. In addition to the fruit, cheese, bread and cereal, there was usually a hot option. I would like to see them add an addition protein choice, like boiled egg, or ham or bacon. Breakfast was more continental than American.
All in all a great experience, and one I hope to repeat!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mom22grand29

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We have just spent our first night at this wonderful bed & breakfast and have one more night to stay.
Our host, has been so helpful with any questions and advice that we asked. The property is beautiful and well maintained. It is very private, the pool area is very comfortable with shade as well as sun.
Our breakfast this morning was not only satisfying and delicious, it was so nicely laid out. We ate outside at a table facing the pool. The fine china and attention to detail was greatly appreciated.
I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone looking for a wonderful stay while in West Palm Beach.

Room Tip: All rooms overlook the pool and are excellent.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary M
Grandview_Gardens, Owner at Grandview Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for the very nice reveiw. Thank you also for the message tonight!
Largo, Florida
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed at this beautiful bed & breakfast many months ago, but I'm only getting to the review now.

This B&B is pretty amazing. The property takes up the end of an entire block. It is adjacent to a nice park. The property is private and self-contained. The landscaping is lush. The home itself is beautiful, as the various pictures online demonstate.

West Palm Beach is a mix of good and bad areas. The location of this B&B is good. Very close to downtown. In fact, you can easily walk there as it's just up the road. There, you can enjoy shopping, entertainment and fine dining.

Your hosts are friendly and service oriented. They are World travelers and speak several languages.

In short, this is a 5-star B&B in my opinion. There are cheaper B&Bs out there, but in this case, you get more than you pay for.

Breakfast is served in the main house... which is lovely.

The pool in surrounded by lush landscaping and private suites.

Plenty of free parking onsite and on the street.

Just a real showcase of a B&B. One of those B&Bs where you'll walk around the grounds and be little jealous that you don't own the place. LOL

Enjoy!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 541PaulL541
Thank you for the very thoughtful review! Hope to see you again!
Seattle
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This place is superlative in every sense of the word. I am actually writing this review whilst still comfortably lodged in my room at the Grandview. Describing a real gem of a place that provides attentive service every single step of the way is not hyperbolic, but is simply the reality I'm currently experiencing. The owners have a keen sense of the aesthetic which is reflected in the room's thoughtful decor and multiple amenities down to every minute detail. My room and its completely private patio, along with the surrounding tropical gardens, manage to amalgamate elements of both the West Indies and the Mediterranean into one harmonious unit. How about Tuscany meets Tobago in a way that is charmingly creative and pleasing? Ultimately, a B & B is only as successful as its owners' concern for their guests and a singular experience attests to their impeccable character. While visiting one of the tropical botanical gardens in the vicinity I was bitten by aggressive mosquitos due to my own foolhardiness in forgetting to apply mosquito repellant. Upon my return to the B & B, one of the owners provided me with an ointment that helped mitigate the inflammation. Now if that isn't going above and beyond, I don't know what is! The other owner was equally helpful in providing detailed information on how to get around by foot, and always cheerful in the process. I'm sure there are innumerable anecdotes and experiences along this line from previous guests. In short, stay here when you are in West Palm and look no further. You'll be thankful you did.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank storkie
Thank you for the lovely review! Hope to see you again!
London
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My sister and I stayed here for 3 nights as part of our Florida tour. The house was beautiful, our room was huge and very comfortable. The room contained fridge, with small freezer, hairdryer, a small walk in closet, hair dryer, iron and ironing board.
Hosts were great, my sister has lots of allergies (with picky eating habits) and they accommodated her brilliantly. The folder of information about the local area was great and helped us consolidate some of our thoughts.
Would definitely stay here again if I visited West Palm beach in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank FootTraveller
Thank you for the very nice review!
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights on our way down to the keys. I have to say grand view reminded me of being in the Mediterranean with its fabulous layout, spacious rooms and pool area. We had a first floor room overlooking the pool area and it was terrific huge room with lots of space. The attention to detail was great and it was lovely and clean . As for the breakfasts they were varied with lots to choose from not overbearing enough to set you up for the day. Peter and Rick were great hosts who were there if you needed them but give you lots of space for you to relax and chill out. I would certainly recommend it to anyone in the UK planning a trip to WPB

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review and send all your UK friends! :-)
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We spent two nights in May and didn't want to leave. This is a wonderful B&B and the hosts go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The location cannot be beat. My husband was on a business trip and I was able to walk to everything, though there was a moment that I considered just staying in the courtyard and enjoying the pool and peacefulness of the property. I have told everyone I know that if they are traveling to Palm Beach this is where they want to stay!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the lovely review!
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
#2 of 34 in West Palm Beach
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
#3 of 10 in Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#8 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Colony Hotel
Colony Hotel
#4 of 10 in Palm Beach
The Brazilian Court Hotel
The Brazilian Court Hotel
#5 of 10 in Palm Beach
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach

Been to Grandview Gardens Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!