“A little piece of paradise.”

Grandview Gardens Bed & Breakfast
Bethesda, MD
“A little piece of paradise.”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I truly enjoyed our stay at the Grandview B & B Bed on our trip to Florida. It was nice to be in a quiet neighborhood in a charming historical house. Our daughter (in her 30's) joined us as well and the room we had (just off the pool) accommodated all our needs with 2 queen size beds. We appreciated the help Rick (I believe) gave us in our restaurants selections and places to visit. The breakfasts were very well presented with china and cloth napkins and were delicious. We only wish the weather was a little warmer (when our time would allow us) to use the pool, but my daughter and I did sit in a chaise to read and drink wine. Very enjoyable and would come back again. Thank you guys.

Room Tip: By the pool on the first floor as we had an area outside our french doors to sit in chairs and read
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I had such a great visit 2 years ago, I wanted to go back, and share it with a friend. I had talked about Grandview so much, I was worried my raves, may not stand up as time passed, but my friend was enthralled and raving too. We work so hard all week, it was so nice to relax in such a beautiful place, with consistent high standards. The gardens are lush, and this time of year, all of the orchids were blooming. Beautiful. This is the real deal: the rooms are spotless; small number or rooms so you feel you can get to know people, not just a number in a big hotel. The Everglades room is on the 2nd floor and overlooks the pool. It has central A/C/heat, which is priceless when you are trying to sleep. The bathroom had two sinks. It was great to be able to get ready without waiting your turn. Breakfast each day was a treat - peach french toast one morning, and eggs - any style the next. The location cannot be beat. The surrounding neighborhood is 1920s bungalow style - really cool houses, with great landscaping. Some are in need of repair, but what neighborhood doesn't have it's clinkers. The antique district is close by - not really my taste, but we only visited about 15 places. City Place is an easy walk - we ate a Brewzzi - which has a nice view of the courtyard. I like to try different beers, and they were okay. I am an amateur geology nut - so we went to the Anastasia formation outcropping. Go across the bridge from WPB, past the Flager museum, to County Road North, to the Palm Beach Golf and Country Club; turn left on Country Club road, and you will see the cut out where the road was chiseled out. A house sits on top of this ancient seabed/seashore. Really cool. Usually I am ready to go home and sleep in my own bed, but it is not the case with Grandview. I want to be their next door neighbors, someday, and sneak over for breakfast.

Room Tip: Everglades room - on the second floor overlooking the pool. Quiet, central A/C. Very comfortable b...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank whitebirdofparadise
Durham, NH
Reviewed January 26, 2013

While Florida is not known for their B and Bs, this one is the exception. This is an owner run property with great service and amenities , beautiful landscaping and great interior design. All rooms have a private patio. The rooms off the pool are larger but there is less privacy - but it was quiet during our visit. We stayed for 5 nights in a room away from the pool area and enjoyed the quiet. As stated by others it is in a residential area less than 1 mike walk to City Place which has shopping, movies and restaurants. Owners Peter, Rick and Jan were so kind to lend us bikes, helmet and lock during our visit. It is a short bike ride to Palm Beach beaches and the Lake Trail takes you by great mansions on the intercostal. On rainy days we went to the Norton Art Museum( walking distance ) and the Flagler museum ( biking distance). The rooms were well equipped with a refrigerator, robes and bottled water. Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Pool side room if you want larger room and central location, second floor rooms or rooms not by the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Adams
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Just back from two separate stays at Grandview B&B before and after a caribbean cruise. Loved the location in one of the historic neighborhoods with detailing not found in any modern hotel area. Breakfasts offered a nice variety of fresh fruits, cheeses, pastries, along with a main dish that included delightful eggs benedict one morning. We stayed in two different rooms types; one a nicely equipped efficiency and the other a lovely standard room. Hosts Jan, Peter and Rick were very kind and informative. The attention to detail was very nice in this historic home and we hope to enjoy a stay with them again in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank macsnorkel
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Grandview Gardens was the just the right place for our mother-daughters girls weekend. Jan and Rick were wonderful hosts, welcoming us to their home, highlighting area "must do" list, and seeing to our comfort. The historic district is lovely with shopping, museums, antiques and excellent restaurants and night-life nearby. We highly recommend Grandview Gardens!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We spent the weekend there and it was a wonderful trip. Grandview Gardens is so much more relaxing and comfortable then any hotel. You feel like you are being pampered in your own home. Jan, Peter and Rick quickly assist with any requests and offer lots of local information. The rooms are kept very clean and breakfast was delicious each day. I recommend this BB and would return without hesitation.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Surf City, New Jersey
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay. Very clean and comfortable. Motivating design ideas/details that i will take home with me. I will be back here next year and look forward to showing this place off to my friends:)

Room Tip: They all looked great to me. I enjoyed overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
#3 of 10 in Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#8 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Colony Hotel
Colony Hotel
#5 of 10 in Palm Beach
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach
The Brazilian Court Hotel
The Brazilian Court Hotel
#4 of 10 in Palm Beach

Been to Grandview Gardens Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!