“Frequent Guest”

West Palm Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Frequent Guest”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Excellent service, food, and drink every visit! The chicken fajitas are the best we have ever had anywhere! The enchiladas are very delicious and the cheese used is very flavorful. Chips are served with two salsas and a delicious warm bean dip. Wednesday nights are 99 cent margarita nights also!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Grandma33415

Denver, Colorado
“Decent Mexican (and Cuban)”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My parents and I have been long standing customers of Aleyda's, down the street. You can imagine my dismay when they mentioned we would be trying somewhere new when recently visiting from Boston. My expectations were low and I ended up being pleasantly surprised.

They not only have Mexican food but they also serve Cuban. We got some guacamole to begin with which was fresh and seasoned well. The chips were also hot when served. I ordered the Palomilla dish while my parents got a salad and spinach enchiladas. Everyone liked their meal.

We walked in around 9:15pm- no one gave us a dirty look and the place was spotless! Overall, it is not the best Mexican/Cuban I have ever had but for what you pay and the location, it was good.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank becknuts
Red Oak, Iowa
“Quick and efficient”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The service was quick and the food arrived fast. It was a great value. Luckily, we arrived when their was a drink special was going on. Seemed to be patronized by the locals which is a quality that we look for in a restaurant.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank DEBROIA
florida
“Average for mexican lovers, maybe good if you don't know mexican food”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Went to the Forest Hill/Congress Amigos location as my friends were craving mexican, and since haven't had mexican in the south florida area, was curious to see how it compared to what's found in texas and New Mexico. Just to give an idea of the ranging opinions, I have personally travelled in Texas and New Mexico numerous times and thus, very familiar with all types of mexican food.

One of my friends in the group was from western europe and first time in the USA, and first time having mexican food. My other friend was visiting from South America and had tasted fast food mexican (chipotle, qdoba's), but hadn't really gone to a "mexican restaurant."

I personally found the food to be ok. Nothing special, nothing really tasty. The chips are served with 3 salsas---a spicy red sauce, which is not really spicy, a regular sauce that to me had no taste, and a black bean paste which again, was kind of bland in the spice department, but it had somewhat of a taste. I had the chimichangas and it was average. Again, it had taste, but it wasn't tasty compared to what you find in texas or new mexico. However, to say that it was bland, wouldn't be fair.

My european friend had I believe the meat burrito and he loved his plate. He said he would have given it a 5/5 rating, so I took a bite from his burrito and again, didn't think it was that tasty, but i guess if you never had mexican, then the burrito would have tasted like heaven. My other friend had the chalupa and he was also very happy with his meal.

I understand that South Florida isn't the best place to find Mexican food, and thus if you're craving it, Amigos is not a bad place to go, specially if you have guests who have never had Mexican food. However, if you are very familiar with Mexican food and you have lived in places like Texas, NM, South Cali, etc, then you'll be highly disappointed with how the food tastes. However, if you're a local to west palm, then not a bad place to go to change up cuisine every once in a while, specially that their prices are good for the amount of food you get.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank perseus7401
Orlando, Florida
“just average”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I went there based on reviews here. Mexican is one of my favorites and this place is nothing special. I had the fajitas and a margarita, which was awful the juice seperated and was not tasty at all. My husband liked his chimichanga very much though. The decor was average. If I were in the area I would not go back.

• Visited October 2012