“Reasonable Price and Good Food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Osaka japanese buffet
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Reasonable Price and Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

My husband and I had dinner here with two other couples. Since they have a very big sushi area, their food was limited. They did have lobster in a sauce that was delicious. There was a place to make your own dish. All was good. The staff was constantly removing the finished dishes and refilling our drinks. We had a great time. I will definitely go back.

Palm Beach, Florida
“Food wasn't fresh and the carpet made me sick!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

We decided to try one more Japanese buffet even though the majority of them serve old, dry sushi. I must admit that eating @ any establishment that has such a dirty, nasty carpet makes me lose my appetite. What about the flies? Ugh! Well, I tried both the sashimi/sushi and it wasn't fresh. I also tried the soup, clams and salad. I left everything on my plate. I have to have fresh food or I can't eat. Also, how can anyone eat when looking @ that disgusting carpet & flies around? Never, ever again. Pathetic!

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank tresjolie1000
Wellington, Florida
“Enjoyable food - good variety for a buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

We enjoy Osaka when the goal is to get as much sushi in as possible! The variety is very good for a buffet - lots of sushi, hibachi grill, and a good selection of hot entrees as well. The staff is friendly and welcoming and the restaurant is clean and large!

West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
“Very big disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Went to Osaka tonight for the first time. It will definitely be the last. It was a very quiet night at the place....the first impression got us both very excited....beautiful looking dining room, large buffet with a mongolian grill, and a pretty good selection of different appetizers and entrees. It does have a very large assortment of sushi, but I am not one that goes for sushi.....my wife had a bunch, and thought it was ok...but nothing great. I had an assortment of appetizers...and found the crab rangoons ok....the spareribs flat....the calamari rings way way overcooked...more like calamari rubber balls....and then one thing i enjoy most is mussels. They make them in a butter sauce, and when I tried them, they were unedaible.

Ok, not going to let some appetizers get me down ....so decided to get a sampling of fresh food off the mongolian grill. Ordered a combo of shrimp, steak and chicken in a terriyaki sauce. (one of the things i order at every mongolian grille) It is cooked fresh to order, and when I returned 5 minutes later found it ready. To make a long story short, the steak shrunk to a minute steak size, and a minute steak probably would've had more flavor. the chicken way overcooked...and the shrimp part mediocre at best. There was no in else in line, and if this is the way things are prepared when quiet, would hate to see it when crowded. We will not be returning again....will stick with our proven good asian buffets...Shinju in Boca (THE BEST) and Hikoru in Palm Beach Gardens. Both are way superior .

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ed B
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Good value for good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

I went to try this restaurant based on the great reviews written for Tripadvisor.
It is worth the money for the variety of food and has something to please everyone like all buffets. However, although there was a lot of sushi variety, it was good, not great.
The cooked food was only warm and this was at the opening for lunch so it had not been sitting around. There was a nice selection of desserts and ice cream.

The restaurant is attractive and the servers are friendly and efficient.

Visited June 2014