“My favorite place for Thai”

Bangkok Ocha Restaurant
Ranked #188 of 736 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2013

For five years co-workers and I would go to Bangkok at least once a week. The servers knew us when we walked in, and the owner knew our regular orders by heart. I go less frequently now, but not because of anything wrong or different with the restaurant.

I always get the chicken fried rice (brown rice, an up-charge), with one star. The most flavorful fried rice I've had in the area after sampling many Thai restaurants in town. It's not the most visible location, but if the choice is between Bangkok and Crazy Buffet next door, go to Bangkok!

My biggest gripe is the "no free refills" - which is a theme with a lot of mom-and-pop run Asian restaurants, it seems. Also, if it's possible, the support wait staff can almost be **too** attentive, providing refills on water after every two sips.

1  Thank BrianWPB

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This restaurant is a gem! You wouldnt be able to tell from the outside since it doesnt look like much. Once you get inside, its a different story altogether. First thing you will see is a singer (live) that performs there 7 days a week all day with short intermittent breaks. He is good.
I love the atmosphere, modern tables, modern style & super clean.
The menu has everything thai you will ever desire! I love it.
If you are into Thai Noodle soups like me, ask the server for the specials sheet where you will find Duck Noodle Soup which is what i had. GREAT taste! Appetizer i got Spring Rolls which were fantastic!!
I would've given them 5 stars except for the fact that they charge for soda re-fills?!?! VERY odd, cheap & uncommon. This policy needs to change.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

If you had asked me 5 years ago when I first started going here with my mom I would have told you this place was a hidden gem! They always knew my order and got me out quickly kept my drink full ensured everything was great And the food was always amazing! I moved away for about a year and came back recently and I was so excited to be back because I have yet to find a place with food like this.
Unfortunately it seems as though they are slacking now. I took my friend to dinner before studying for an exam and it took 2 hours to get out! My friend and I sat with our drinks empty for way to long and took forever to get the check. Mind you there is never any wait. and at the time I was there they may of had 6 tables total. And the reason for this was because our waitress sat in the corner for awhile and talked. If it wasn't for the other waiter or bus boy ( not sure what he is) we would have never of gotten refills. I really love the food here but if they continue slacking Ill sadly avoid it.Because the cook is always amazing I dont know if its just because the people that work here now are fairly new but they arent as good.
They recently started piano player and singer the piano it is a little loud to be able to speak to you neighbor without asking them to repeat. I have thought about their new outdoor seating but its only 2 small tables And If I get ignored inside what will happen outside

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Very good Thai food,quiet atmosphere.Great location,near several Hotels on Palm Beach Lakes Blvd.Friendly Staff and you don't have to wait long for your food.

1  Thank Dorothy1959
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Their food was excellent, and was a great price with lots of selections for lunch. They were super nice and delivered to my nearby hotel!