“Great beers, nice new pub...”
Review of Barrel and Grain - CLOSED

Barrel and Grain
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Any place that has about 25-30 draft beers gets a thumbs up from this reviewer just to start with...The Barrel & Grain is a cozy kinda gastro pub with both inside & outside dining. We ate inside, as it was still a bit too warm & humid for us ( wife & I). Thomas, our waiter was very friendly and gave us some suggestions..I took the burger, which had an egg on top ( British style) and truffled fries, and my wife had the salad with fried scallops. Only negative here is the menu is a bit restrictive in variety & volume, but both meals were delicious...my burger was cooked perfectly and the beer I chose was cold & just right. I would recommend to them to keep the front door closed, as it was a little warm inside..I guess they keep it open to get people to walk in & try their food...I like it cool when it's 95 degrees outside...on cooler nights in the winter, this place will be a nice spot to stop & have a craft beer & good food...I plan to come and eat outside when the weather is cooler...a good thing is they will give you a taste of any beer on draft to see if you like it...Come by and say hello to the Irish owner and have a burger with a cold one, or one of their more eclectic entrees, you won't be dissappointed.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had heard about the great beer selection on tap. Not only do they have the beer but the service and food were great.They don't have a large menu but what they have is good.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We discovered this place yesterday and will go back as often as our waistlines will allow. They have a great selection of craft beers and a menu that reminded us of the great gastro pubs in Montreal. The service was great and the bartender knew every item on the menu as well as the over 100 craft beers. We are total foodies and this is our new favorite restaurant in West Palm Beach.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My son and I stopped in here for dinner recently on trip down to Miami. It's just off the intercostal in West Palm Beach but doesn't really have a water view except if you sit outside. We were drawn into the place by the large array of craft beers on draft complimented by a ton of bottled beer as well. The food is respectable for any gastropub (see the menu on their somewhat sparse website) and there is a large number of "specials" on a chalk board. I had a Mahi off the special board which was awesome. My son had the burger which was enormous and according to him quite good. We also had the fried jalapeno appetizer which was really good and came with a cheese made from one of the Harpoon Brewery's beers.

We sat at the bar and service was attentive and friendly.

If this place was in my neighborhood I’d be here several nights a week. Get down there and check it out. You won’t be disappointed.