“Great food, Great service, What's not to like?”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rhythm Cafe

Rhythm Cafe
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Princeton, New Jersey
“Great food, Great service, What's not to like?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is the 3rd time I visited this restaurant and I just reserved my next visit. This place has an eclectic ambiance with a fifties sixties motif. Service is warm and friendly as you sit in a lunch counter setting with colored Christmas Lights. Food is remarkable. Great Gazpacho soup to start and my wife had a pasta ribbon filled with creamy goat cheese and pear in an delicious light sauce. Hog Snapper almandine was light, flaky and oh so good! Pork Shank with a tangy BBQ sauce was very filling and so very tender. Some of the best pork shank I ever had. I had no room for desert but the wife had a sweet and light strawberry crepe filled with a light cream and topped with whipped cream. Her eyes were rolling with delight! This restaurant is a must for those who want something different and tasty. BTW, they have a nice little wine list too but no cocktails.

2 Thank dclang

Boynton Beach, Florida
“hype not subtance”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

The ambiance is non existent. This is a converted drug store complete with a counter as well as tables. It looks like something out of the 50's. The service was mediocre as was the food. Redeeming feature was my wife enjoyed her swordfish.
I had hog snapper oven roasted, Strewn with a Sauté of Artichoke Hearts, Chopped Scallions and Sun Dried Tomatoes then Splashed with a Lemony Butter Sauce, Served with Your Choice of One Side. All in all this dish was bland. The fish looked as though it was poached, not oven roasted, pure white in color. I would not go back and am still trying to justify all the hype. So many really wonderful restaurants in West Palm Beach, that far exceeds this restaurant. Kee Grille Boca Raton that is rated 12, yet it far exceeds this place.

2 Thank Jack W
“Friendly, down-to-earth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Very friendly to inquisitive gluten-free customers. Pretentious Palm Beach diners wouldn't understand the hearty quality of the food here. Yum! Desert is a must, and to-die-for. Try the peanut-butter pie.

2 Thank Lyam C
Palm Beach, Florida
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

The restaurant is rather uncomfortable as the bar stools are unbearable for more than a few minutes. The servers are the most gossipy group I've ever seen in a restaurant. They just talk about whatever comes into their minds, whether appropriate or not. I found them all much too familiar. Couple that with mediocre food and an unattractive decor and I wondered why I was there. So many better and more interesting restaurants in the area.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank susan s
Shreveport, LA USA
“I Got Rhythm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

During our 5 day stay at the Four Seasons in Palm Beach, we had the joyful experience of dinner at the Rhythm Cafe in West Palm Beach. Bob greeted us & showed us to a cozy table saying he was the one we spoke with about a reservation weeks earlier. The restaurant, we later learned used to be a drugstore. There were booths and tables...we had the combo near the front door...best of both worlds. This is a local favorite and many of the diners were regulars..they knew people at other tables and many were in the dessert phase of their meal when we arrived. Second cups of coffee were offered...no one was rushed...no toe-tapping by Bob and of course, he knew everyone. There were several 'walk-ins'....I urge you to make a reservation as their wait time was long.
Water, drink orders & menus were quick to be delivered. The menu is just plain fun to read but the food...OMG...is divine. One appetizer that caught our eye from afar and then in front of us was Cheese On Fire, a.k.a. Saganaki---> this is a dish found in many a Greek Diner...Kasseri Cheese Set Aflame with Brandy (right before your eyes) then extinguished with Lemon...this is a must...as delicious as it is showy. We enjoyed this with a bottle of red wine and then tackled the job of deciding on an entree...everything sounded wonderful. I finally picked the Fiocchi- Pear and Cheese-Filled Pasta Purses Splashed with Orange Infused Cinnamon Brown Butter...well, who wouldn't want THAT?? Tapas-tizer size and Entree' size are offered. My husband enjoyed the Duck, which was cooked perfectly. We so enjoyed this dinner and took our sweet time devouring it. Co-Owner/Chef Ken Rzab dropped by to say hello, sat with us and gave us a little history on the Rhythm while we shared the Peanut Butter Pie dessert.
We loved our meal. We would go back again. And again. It is not fancy-not carpeted...but it's awesome in a campy, eclectic way and you will be treated well and fed delicious and interesting food prepared in a delightful way.
Remember...make a reservation - or you won't have any Rhythm! Enjoy....

5 Thank LSUmagnolia