“Food never fails” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rhythm Cafe

Rhythm Cafe
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Food never fails”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

One of my favorite local haunts. This small and intimate chef owned restaurant features fresh fish dishes prepared to your choice; tapa-tizers or larger portions of many of the meals. The wait staff is like family and highly knowledgeable of the foods and wines. Desserts are a must - homemade ice cream, Dennis's chocolate cake and then the heath bar pie for us gluten sensitive. Nightly specials spice up the menu to keep the choices more varied. Reservations most definately suggested or you might be disappointed.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Smartinellicpa

Tennessee
“chef owned”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

We ate there twice and the 2 chef/owners greeted us and chatted with us each time, and the food was very good, with both of my fish dishes very good. They allow the diner to select a fish available that day on a list and match the preferred cooking method, also on a list.They also allow many dishes to be ordered either a full portion or a smaller portion, like small plates.

1 Thank Harlans
Reading, United Kingdom
“Another Excellent Dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

The team at Rhythm cafe really know what they are doing. Slick, effortless service of the highest standard and first class food with a great "by the glass" wine list. the Saganaki (cheese fire) is a must!! The setting is wonderful with great art and all sorts of curiosities around the room.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Planetsmith
South Florida, Florida
“Really good food and service in a casual and interesting setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

My wife and I tried the Rhythm Cafe for the first time last night, inspired by a review we saw on the show Check Please South Florida (the episode was recorded a few years ago). The reviewers on the show liked this place a lot, and we did too.

The restaurant is located in the Antique Row section of Dixie Hwy in West Palm Beach, in a building that used to be a drug store. The decor is very eclectic and funky -- interesting but a bit hard to describe, so you'll need to go and see for yourself. It doesn't look like much from the outside. It's casual, so don't expect a "fine dining" experience.

The menu is pretty extensive, and many of the items are available in both appetizer and entree sizes, so it's easy to share. There's also a good selection of wines by the glass or bottle, and we had a bottle of St. Supery cabernet with our meal, which we liked a lot. We decided to share 4 appetizers, and we had the Corn Cakes, Bread Pudding (this is not a dessert), Butternut Squash Ravioli, and Blackened Shrimp. They were all very good, but the Blackened Shrimp was our favorite. For dessert, I had the Cookie and a Scoop, a delicious soft, chewy chocolate chip cookie with a scoop of homemade ice cream -- I chose the Callebaut Belgian Chocolate. My wife had a scoop of the Candied Ginger ice cream (without the cookie, but she helped me eat mine:-) . Both ice creams were delicious, and they have 6 other flavors, all homemade.

Our waiter, Bob, provided great service throughout the meal. The prices were very reasonable -- our bill was about $86 including the wine (excluding tip). The restaurant sells nice Rhythm Cafe t-shirts -- I wanted to buy one, but it didn't fit well so I passed.

We'll be back to Rhythm Cafe, and we'll bring friends the next time so they can enjoy it too.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DeeEss
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Friday Night Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Rhythm Cafe is one of South Florida's hidden gems! Chef/Owner Ken Rzab has been tantalizing the taste buds of his clientele for more than 20 years. Every dish is served with thoughtful preparation and presentation!

On this particular visit to the Cafe, my girlfriend and I had a wonderful selection from Darioush vineyards, their Viognier. The wine paired perfectly with our Scallop appetizer and the Butternut squash Ravioli we had as first courses. The scallops were lightly seared and served on a bed of sauteed julienne vegetables; the ravioli was set in a sage butter sauce. If I am not mistaken, the ravioli has been a very popular mainstay on the menu for many years. Ken had Hogfish as a special on this particular evenings menu which was perfect for me; my girlfriend had the Keylime Chicken. Both entrees were prepared perfectly. I had my fish blackened, which can be tricky as so many restaurants just take an average piece of fish and over season it to hide the mediocrity of the fish........this was not the case at Rhythm. The kitchen put out a balanced, lightly spiced fish with a wonderful peach chutney topping. The Keylime chicken was one of a kind! Done with a cover of graham cracker crust and topped with a light keylime butter sauce, we were impressed! Did I mention how well the Viognier went with not only our appetizers but entrees as well!

We aren't done yet! Time for dessert..........Ken's signature peanut butter, and as if this wasn't enough, we opted to add a scoop of housemade Belgian chocolate ice cream. Great way to end the dinner, all I can say is WOW!

As always I was impressed with Rhythm and it's staff. On a busy Friday evening we were given the perfect amount of attention, not intrusive yet not aloof. I would recommend this restaurant not only to all my local friends, which i do with regularity, but also anyone visiting WPB looking for great food at very reasonable prices.