“Not A New York Chinese Restaurant”

Singing Bamboo Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #227 of 727 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I was very disappointed with the food at the Singing Bamboo Chinese Restaurant. The food was average at best.

The Chicken Chow Mein was watery and did not have much flavor. The Pork with Seasonal Vegetables tasted better, but did not have much pork in it.

The fried rice that came with the dinners was a Vegetable Fried RIce and tasted bland.

And yes, the dinners were on the expensive side for Chinese food.

I would not go back.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant 3 times, the first 2 dinning in and the food was very good. My Wife an I decided to order take out and ordered the exact same dishes we had dinning in. I was shocked to open our take out bag to find terrible food with cheap ingredients, the food wasn't the same, even the fortune cookies were stale. I called the owner, explained my disappointment, you know what he did? Laughed/giggled. You see, the restaurant has a lot of Chinese patrons who eat-in, so the owner has slightly higher prices and provides better quality food for dine-in guest. He said that Americans want cheap, American style greasy Chinese food for take-out, that they are a different type of clientele, so his take-out product is different. No apologies, no offer of a refund, just a lecture how Americans don't know good Chinese.

After speaking to him, I looked at the reviews on Trip Advisor, almost everyone who has ordered take-out has written a bad review. Most who dine-in, write a good review. I think this is the first time I have ever given a restaurant 1 star, its because of the terrible take-out and how I was treated on the phone by the owner. Take your chances dinning in, but never order take-out!

1  Thank GoldCoastFlyer
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is not "cheap" Chinese take-out although it does tremendous take-out business. This is a somewaht expensive place with an extensive menu. Lots of Chef's specials. There were four lobster specials that night. Every service person was attentive and courteous. Large servings and well-prepared.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Anytime we go, noon or evening we get the most awesome Dim Sum. This is worth the drive we make from Boynton Beach. Staff is friendly. What more could you ask for? Love it.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

It has only taken 3 years to find a chinese restaurant with good food. What they lack in service, they make up for in the quality of there food.