“A Local Eatery”

Palm Springs Pizza & Restaurant
Ranked #189 of 676 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We had dinner the night before we started on a 2 month sojourn across the U.S. I had a taste for their pizza. We hadn't been there in seven months. I had the small pizza with pepperoni and my wife had the antipasto salad. The sauce on my pizza was somewhat spicy but it was prepared as I like it well-done and light on the cheese. My wife's antipasto salad was iceberg lettuce and had salamis, ham and mozzarella cheese. It had two slices of tomato and cucumber. The prices are low for this area. You are not going to get get gourmet food but you will get honest food. The atmosphere is like a dinner with tables and some booths. The one waiter handled our orders efficiently. It is a local eatery and does not try to raise above that. It's fine for families but is not romantic.

1  Thank rockhound94
There are newer reviews for Palm Springs Pizza & Restaurant

Reviewed January 28, 2011

I heard so many good things about this restaurant so I ventured out to try it. First of all the location is not the best especially at night. The decor is bland and outdated. Even though it was busy we were seated right away. They take debit but the machine was broken so it was cash only. Unless your 80 years old or on vacation who carries cash? So I had to leave to get cash. We were seated in a back room and it was nice in quiet until 4 geriatric couples from NY arrived and were so loud I could of written their memoires . We heard their whole life story. The Greek salad was salty, tomatoes and cumbers not fresh and too much dressing. The pizza was good not earth shattering delicious like everyone talks about. I would recommend takeout vs dine in. Not sure if I would go back

Reviewed January 26, 2011

I have lunch once every couple of weeks at Palm Springs Pizza and have never been disappointed. Although their pizza has been voted #1 in Palm Beach County by WPEC-TV12 viewers (and I can attest that it is), I prefer PSP's pasta dishes. They serve a unique, hearty, slightly-spicy red sauce that beats my mom's sauce by a country mile (sorry, Mom!). When you go, do yourself the favor of ordering a Baby Greek salad with your meal or having a small Greek salad as your meal... it's Gorgonzola heaven in a light, hearty dressing. For those who appreciate hot, flavorful Italian bread to complement your meal, it is a nicety that you will enjoy here.

The service at lunchtime is top-notch; dinner hours tend to get very busy and can sometimes challenge the wait staff, yet the staff remains attentive, and I've never had to ask twice for anything at PSP. There is also a separate, train-tunnel banquet room for gatherings that can comfortably accommodate 30 - 40 people. Whether for large gatherings or a two-person lunch, one can phone in an order and your food will be ready for you when you arrive.

Price point and good value are also enjoyed here. You can count on delicious comfort food for a price that won't bust your wallet.

Reviewed April 1, 2010

We liked the Pizza when it was square fun for families

Reviewed August 7, 2009

My wife and I tried this place after seeing how highly reviewed it was here on Trip Advisor. We had pretty high expectations and were quite disappointed. Based on the reviews, we were hoping to get some gourmet pizza, but it was merely average at best. The crust was OK, the pizza was overly cheesey for our taste, and the ingredients seemed like generic, canned, toppings. You do get a lot of pizza for your money, though. The greek salad was equally generic - iceberg lettuce, tons of feta, and a few decent veggies, but nothing memorable. The calamari appetizer was definitely subpar. I thought it might be good because it was quite expensive for an appetizer here, but it seemed like they just got some frozen wholesale calamari. It was very heavily battered and greasy. Also, the beer selection was severely lacking.

The place was packed, loud, and completely unremarkable inside. There were lot's of families, and it's probably a good place for a large group or people with kids. It's nice that it's a local joint and not a chain, so I can see why some people really like it. In all fairness, I thought about giving it an overall rating of three, but I felt that someone needed to counteract the glowing reviews so that others aren't fooled as well. It's OK at best, not really a good place for a date, and definitely don't go expecting to be blown away by the food.

2  Thank MarkeyX