“One of the top Italian Restaurant's in the county”
Review of Maison Carlos

Maison Carlos
Reserve with OpenTable
Maison Carlos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 703 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The small, hidden gem is a must for food lovers. Located on Dixie Hwy, Maison Carlos is named after the owner. My wife thinks they serve some of the best old world style Italian dishes. Myself personally have never been a big Italian food fan, but on out last visit I asked Carlos if he would make me Chicken Scarpariello, he said call me the day your coming in and consider it done.So I did and he make me this dish that was out of this world. My wife had the Scallopini di Vitello Picatta and said it was the best she has ever had.......and she knows Italian food. And let us not forget the complimentary lemon cello as an aperitif....WOW, why thank you may I have another

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Had an incredible experience here! The food was as good as any I've ever had, but the service (in particular Carlos) was perfect. Carlos was so cheerful as he checked on us and other tables. I loved the atmosphere that he created. The entire experience was first class, and I will definitely be back again!

Reviewed January 18, 2014

On a golf trip with 2 friends; we decided to try this place after reading all the wonderful reviews. Glad we did!

The place is relatively small and had a good crowd on a Tuesday evening. The noise factor was a bit more than I like due to a few large tables filled with wine-infused guests but eventually they settled down!

I appreciated right away the professionalism and attire of the staff. You instantly felt like it was a fine-dining establishment. The linens and table setting were elegant.

For an appetizer we chose two different dishes: a piping hot, garlicky shrimp soup which felt more like tons of perfectly cooked medium shrimp in a "bath" of butter-broth and another friend ordered the seared tuna--Asian style. The tuna loin was perfectly cooked and attractively presented on a bed of greens--sliced to show the rare interior and black sesame crusted exterior. A wasabi dipping sauce on the side. Delicious.

For my entree I chose "Beef Wellington" which came with a side of perfectly-cooked wilted fresh spinach and garlic mashed potatoes. Again--perfectly cooked and very attractive presentation! One friend opted for Mahi-Mahi served in a caper-butter sauce. He said it was rather bland and didn't appear thrilled considering the $26 price. I tasted it and it was impeccably fresh but possibly needed salt. The third entree was Salmon with a Mediterranean sauce. I was skeptical at first but once I tasted this Salmon I was blown away!!!! The tomato sauce was not overpowering at all and I have to say, this was one of the most delicious fish dishes I've encountered!!

So all in all, a superb meal and first-class service. My only negative was the red wine we ordered was served too warm and the thick, short glass it came in was not the best. It felt "cheap" compared to all other aspects of the experience. I saw white wine being served to others in proper glassware so I know it can be done! Other than that trivial suggestion this is a top-notch place and I'll gladly return upon my next trip to West Palm Beach! Well done Carlos!!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Great service. Quality food which was creative , interesting and delicious. The owner is there to welcome his guests and seems to have repeat customers who appreciate his restaurant.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Our first time here and the food was delicious. All at the table bragged about how good their meal was and we all ordered something different. The only reason for the four star rating is due to the restaurant location, parking, and the overall ambiance. I also noticed and overheard people talking about this being their favorite restaurant while dining. As for the food and service on this night it was five star.