“many visits to come”
Review of Maison Carlos

Maison Carlos
Reserve with OpenTable
Maison Carlos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 668 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
West Palm Beach, Florida
“many visits to come”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

First of many visits to come. Loved Maison Carlos, FoodService, amiance all top notch. I enjoyed the fresh fish special which was Mahi, my guest loved the Vongole, andd the hangar steak. Appetizers salds all very fresh and wonderful. Will go back again.

• Visited June 2013

Florida
“Great Pasta”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Their Tuesday pasta night is amazing. All pastas on the menu, plus two pasta specials, are $10. We all had to take our dinners home, the portions were so large.

Waiters were attentive and friendly.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank lwartow
west palm beach
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Expieience”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

From the moment we walked in. Greeted by the owner who made us feel like we were dining in his home. Many of the diners seemed to know each other,and made us feel like we had stumbled into a private club for all who are in the know. We started with the shrimp pil,pli and the snails in a pail. Delicious and their great bread was perfect for soaking up the yummy broth. For entres we had all natural frenched chicken breast in with a morel sauce.Crispy on the outside and juicy on the insideand i could have drunk the sauce with the morels. The other entre was linquine vongole with fresh little neck clams. As good as any I've has in southern Italy.We shared what was the best key lime pie ever. Thank you to the outstanding and professional staff at Maison Carlos. Can't wait to return

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank louise b
Lake Worth, Florida
“Nothing to brag about”
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

I cannot say if it was the Vichisoise or the trout which both tasted good, but I got really sick by the time the desert was served and I had to leave the table. I will not go into detail, but let me say that it felt like one of my trip in Egypt few years ago. Anyway, the mousse was delicious even if maybe a bit too heavy, but overhaul, nothing to brag about. Good, but not excellent. And since my last meal was at noon, and I ate at Maison Carlos at 8pm, I guess something in the food made me really sick which rarely happen to me unless I am in developing countries.

• Visited May 2013
lanief123, Owner at Maison Carlos, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
First let me say I'm so sorry you were sick.,but i'm confident it was not "something in the food".I shop daily for the freshest ingredients and as you said everything tasted good.In ten years of being in business this is a first.Had you brought it to anyones attention that you "guess" it was something in the food we surely would have addressed the issue.Perhaps you had a virus and it wasn't "something in the food"
Zaandam, The Netherlands
“Bring a sweater!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

All I can say is that I am sorry I can't concur these mostly raving reviews.
We came in with a group which may have had something to do with the slow service.

It was freezing. I had to run home to grab a sweater and closed shoes. The staff did not respond even a little bit to my hinting at the very cold AC.
The atmosphere was ditto: cold.
Food wasn't great for what you pay and they're not really prepared to serve kids.
If you're going to dine in this area and spend this kind of money I'd choose Vagabondi's on belvedere over this restaurant any day of the week. Mostly for (family) friendly service and excellent foods and wines.

• Visited February 2013