“Nothing to brag about”
Review of Maison Carlos

Maison Carlos
Reserve with OpenTable
Maison Carlos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 674 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Lake Worth, Florida
“Nothing to brag about”
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

I cannot say if it was the Vichisoise or the trout which both tasted good, but I got really sick by the time the desert was served and I had to leave the table. I will not go into detail, but let me say that it felt like one of my trip in Egypt few years ago. Anyway, the mousse was delicious even if maybe a bit too heavy, but overhaul, nothing to brag about. Good, but not excellent. And since my last meal was at noon, and I ate at Maison Carlos at 8pm, I guess something in the food made me really sick which rarely happen to me unless I am in developing countries.

lanief123, Owner at Maison Carlos, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
First let me say I'm so sorry you were sick.,but i'm confident it was not "something in the food".I shop daily for the freshest ingredients and as you said everything tasted good.In ten years of being in business this is a first.Had you brought it to anyones attention that you "guess" it was something in the food we surely would have addressed the issue.Perhaps you had a virus and it wasn't "something in the food"

Zaandam, The Netherlands
“Bring a sweater!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

All I can say is that I am sorry I can't concur these mostly raving reviews.
We came in with a group which may have had something to do with the slow service.

It was freezing. I had to run home to grab a sweater and closed shoes. The staff did not respond even a little bit to my hinting at the very cold AC.
The atmosphere was ditto: cold.
Food wasn't great for what you pay and they're not really prepared to serve kids.
If you're going to dine in this area and spend this kind of money I'd choose Vagabondi's on belvedere over this restaurant any day of the week. Mostly for (family) friendly service and excellent foods and wines.

• Visited February 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Don't judge a book by its cover!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful dinning experience last evening. We celebrated a birthday with a group of seven family members. Everyone's food was great. From the complimentary zucchini chips to the final pouring of limoncello the evening could not have been better . Snails in a bucket and lobster Mac and Cheese were fabulous and shared by all. Wine list compliments the French/Italian fare. Small place so I would recommend a reservation and don't be fooled by the location or curb appearance. Definitely a place not to be missed for Italian foodies.

1 Thank DanielandJeannie
“Wonderful Dining Experience”
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

This is the third year in a row that we've decided to vacation on Singer Island. We are always on the look-out for great restaurants. My husband is a huge fan of Italian cuisine and it's been challenging to find great Italian food in the Palm Beach area. As a result of reading numerous reviews, we decided the we would try Maison Carlos. We're so glad that we did - the food at the little restaurant is amazing. I enjoyed the Pasta Bolognese while my husband and son had the Linguine alle Vongole. We can't decide which was the better dish - they were both outstanding. Prices are very fair. Be sure to treat yourself to a wonderful meal the next time you're in the area. You won't be disappointed!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Michele I
San Antonio, Texas
“wonderful place”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

went the other night with 2 other people for a birthday dinner and it was wonderful. Waiters very accommodating and the food was fabulous. Will go back again