“HORRIBLE!!!!!”

Raindancer Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Raindancer Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 694 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: An American Classic Steakhouse. Est. 1975. Zagat Rated. Great Aged Steaks, Fine Wines, Warm Ambiance. The Raindancer serves only Grain-fed beef from Midwestern States. Additionally, Seafood, Chicken and Pasta dishes are served. * Now open for lunch Mon-Fri 11:30 AM * Happy Hour at the bar and lounge daily 4-7 PM * Private rooms for any occasion are available from 10-70 guests.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We have been to this restaurant years ago with the previous owners and it was great!
Thought we'd try it again now.

That was the WORST meal I ever had at any restaurant!
I ordered the Rack Of Lamb medium/ well, anticipating a nice juicy flavorful Lamb Chop. What I got was 4 of the TINIEST, THINEST Lamb Chops I've ever seen! No lie, They were smaller than the size of a quarter (and that's INCLUDING the fat and grisel! They were no thicker than 1/4 Inch!
When I held one up to show the waiter, I showed him it was so thin that it flopped back & forth! I said "You call this a Lamb Chop they don't look very good"? He looked at me like I was crazy and said "Yes, they're SCRUMPTIOUS and Delicious"! I asked him "But where are they"?
What WAS on them was fat & grisel. Most parts of which I couldn't even cut at all, it was rubbery with no taste! So out of 4 teenie, tiny, thin Lamb Chops, I didn't even get to eat 1 whole one! My brocolli was room temperature. The only thing good was the Sweet Potato!
I was so disgusted. Then he comes around at the end and asks me if i'm done or still working on it. At that time there was a female waitress with him. When I showed him what I couldn't eat & how bad it was, he said to me "I wish you would have told me when I came by a few times"!!!! I DID tell him!! I told him to go tell his Chef that it was horrible and that never should have left the kitchen that way! He comes back and offers us coffee or desert. We said no thanks!
This meal was $30. So I paid $30 for a Sweet Potato!
The salad bar was disappointing. There was no Low Cal dressings either.
BTW- we were the 1st ones in there at 4:30. I told my husband if no one else is here yet, why was the large knife by the 3 cheese logs dirty? It looked like it was used on something else before they placed it there.

My husband ordered the Filet Of Sole $38. They bring it whole and de-bone it at the table.
We realized why they do that. Once he de-boned it, I asked him where was the fish now? If they brought it out like that, there would be nothing on my husbands plate!

Dont' waste your money here.
We're going back to Okeechobbee Steakhouse across the street

2  Thank DebbieN167
Spiro F, Owner at Raindancer Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

It's upsetting to learn of your disappointment, Debbie, especially since you were so impressed with your previous visit. After reviewing your comments, it's clear that we fell short in terms of both your meal and our service, and I must apologize for that. Your server should have alerted the manager the moment you aired your dissatisfaction, and I will remind all of them of this procedure immediately. That said, what you've experienced is completely unlike us, I am confident that we have what it takes to show you an unforgettable meal. I hope to have another opportunity to do just that during your next night out.

Regards,

Reviewed July 20, 2013

For those of you who remember Raindancer as the premium steak house in West Palm Beach, the new ownership is well on its way to restoring the past glory. You can't go wrong starting the evening with a cocktail at the intimate mahogany bar. The bartenders are delightful. We often just dine there while chatting with other patrons. The throwback salad bar still satisfies with plenty of options. Next is the difference. While they offer a nice but limited selection of high quality fish, the beef is why the restaurant has been in business for decades. Prime choices of just about any cut cannot be beat. Our medium rare ribeye was cooked perfectly. Oh, the baked potato with all the fixings is fluffy and almost flawless (could be a bit larger). All in all, a very nice evening. Go, especially if you are a local (and find it if you are not).

Spiro F, Owner at Raindancer Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

You hit the nail on the head! We couldn't have asked for a kinder or more comprehensive review, so thanks for taking the time to write it. Looking forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful meal!

All the best,

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Raindancer Steak House is an absolutely wonderful restaurant for an intimate dinner or to share with long time good friends as we did. The steaks, no matter what cut, are superb and cooked to perfection. The filet was thick, tender, juicy and almost melted in your mouth. I honestly believe that I have never had a better steak. The salad bar was the best that you can imagine right down to a bowl of Macadamia nuts which are so buttery good. Yes, the prices are hefty, but you get what you pay for. I would not hesitate for a moment to plan on a return visit to a well established steak house such as Raindancer. They have earned their good reputation! The staff are all very pleasant, and we wish some times that we lived closer than 1,400 miles away. If you are in the mood for perfection in a steak house and a wonderful, quiet atmosphere, I vouch for the fact that you will find it here.

Never had a better steak? That's music to our ears! We wish you were a lot closer, too, but we're always happy to welcome you back whenever you're in town. Thanks for the kind words, and please stop by for another fabulous steak when you're in WPB!

Cheers,

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

New owners from Greece just bought this restaurant june 2013. So far we went there 3x's. the steaks and salad bar are excellent. My wife does not eat steak. She loved the rack of lamb (Greeks know how to do Lamb), mussels... The special of the night and a grilled fish the 3rd time. She's picky, especially at a steak house ... Nicko, please don't change anything. Maybe some Greek dishes for specials would be great too. Good luck. We will return weekly now that we know the past Robino empire is hopefully gone forever.. and cooking something other than steak.

2  Thank customlighting
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We ate there Saturday evening June 1, 2013. We used to celebrate all of our special occassions there. So, we went there to celebrate. On the way in to the restaurant we heard a couple who was leaving telling one of the owners who had followed them out that they have been steady customers and that they were very dissapointed in the service. We went in anyway. We were four.

One person in our party wanted chicken. The waitress checked for us as chicken has been eliminated from the menu. She offered "Quail" which was turned down.

I asked for a roor beer and after about 10 minutes I was advised they did not have any.

On to the actual order. 3 of us ordered the 12 oz Sirloin. They were $29 each. We then went to the salad bar. The bread is gone. It just didn't have all of the offerings we used to see.

Then we sat down with our salads. The waitress informed us that there were only 2 Sirloins left. (It was 7 PM on a Saturday night). So, I decided I would pick something else. I picked the Delmonico which I was told was $40. I said that I did not think I should pay extra as it was not my fault that they ran out of the Sirloin. The waiter checked with the owner and I was advised that it would cost me $40. I said this is unacceptable. I was asked if I wanted to speak with the owner and I said "yes". The same waiter then came back and told me it was OK and I would not be charged more.

The steaks came out and I will be honest. It was one of the worst steaks I have ever had. I kept chewing and spitting out each piece. It was filled with veins and other indigestible parts.

Throughout the evening there was general confusion between the waiters and waitresses and lots of discussions. The service was very confused. The food was not acceptable for the corresponding prices. The menu is being cut down and the quality is no longer there. So, after all these years we are done with the Raindancer. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else. The new owners do not understand how the place was so sucessfull all of those years. I would not be surprsied if they close within the next year.

2  Thank Miguel H

Since 1975, we've been proud to serve some of the best steaks in West Palm Beach. It's upsetting that we fell short in terms of both your dishes and our service, Miguel, but I can assure you that a lot has changed since your last visit. I hope we'll get another chance to better demonstrate our commitment to quality next time you're in the mood for a steak, but until then, thanks for your candid feedback. Comments like yours will only help us become better for our guests.

Best,