“Roach in buffet - horrible experience with no care by staff”
Review of Taste of India

Taste of India
Ranked #91 of 665 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Telluride
“Roach in buffet - horrible experience with no care by staff”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Absolutely horrified to find a roach running around the buffet. Told 2 staff no response. Asked for manager, told him about the roach. He walked to buffet , stirred food, and went back to work. My wife and I were totally shocked and horrified. I then complained to the waiter and he brought the manager back over who never apologized but offered to take 2.99 off of the bill. We asked why they were so u n professional and how come they won't address roach issue. He said they had an issue and were dealing with it the best they could with weekly pest control. My wife come here to eat Indian because the food is good but now that we know we can never come back and I you saw how management and staff were up phased out would be too....

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Tourismexp

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spectacular!”
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Fabulous food and friendly service. This was my first experience with Indian cuisine and i've become addicted! If you haven't tried Indian cuisine or not been to A Taste of India its a two thumbs up for me!

Bengaluru, India
“Excellent authentic Indian food”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I went to this place to have dinner with some friends. To my surprise, the atmosphere reminded me of India, which I did not see in other Indian restaurants around Palm beach. I would say anything bad about the food, which was authentic and tasty. One tip though, don't ask for a "hot" food. It is very spicy. You can do with medium spicy level. I certainly recommend this place, if you want to get the taste of India around Palm beach.

• Visited December 2011
solomover
“Consistently Delicious”
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I've been there half a dozen or more times in the past few months. All for dinner; haven't tried the lunch buffet yet. This is one of a small chain of four or five, with another scheduled to open in the Lake Worth area by the end of 2011. The biriyani is not dry. The tandoori sampler is more than one normal person can generally consume. The lamb and chicken dishes have been top notch. Service is very good, especially since they added staff fluent in English. All in all, I heartily recommend this place. Just be careful about asking for "medium" spicy as it can be strong for American tastes.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank solomover
Massachusetts
“A notch below run of the mill”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We went here with some young people who live locally -- they were pleased to have found Taste of India because they like Indian food and it is cheaper than Saffron. But I have to say that it wasn't worth the money, even at that. The sauces were bland and tasted bottled, not freshly made. I had the lamb vindaloo, which is supposed to be spicy and complex, and this was neither. My boyfriend was similarly disappointed with his entree. The ambiance is standard Florida strip mall -- bright and clean, no special atmosphere. Service was fine. Would be a family-friendly place. But I can't recommend the food and I wouldn't come back, even if it were right around the corner.

• Visited February 2011