“THE BEST RESTAURANT EVER”
Review of Taste of India

Taste of India
Ranked #92 of 665 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
West Palm Beach, Florida
“THE BEST RESTAURANT EVER”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Both my husband and I have been to several Indian restaurants in the US and this is one of the best Indian food restaurants we have come across.. The food is AWESOME and the service even better.. The quality of products used is A+ and food flavor and quality is always consistent. You could have the food made as hot and spicy as you want.. Absolutely LOVE IT!!!!

• Visited July 2011

florida
“Huge buffet selection”
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Delicious authentic Indian food. Enormous lunch buffet with great variety. Nice atmosphere.

1 Thank xanthoxylum
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“shockingly surprised !”
Reviewed April 4, 2011

We were looking for something different but delicious and we found it here at taste of India.
The ambiance was nice and the smells coming from the kitchen were intoxicating so after looking at the to go menu we decided to sit and dine. We had stewed lamb and shrimp with a light coconut curry sauce with diced mangoes. Both dishes were aesthetically appealing and very tasty. For drinks we tried the mango and strawberry yogurt drinks they were very good, portions were generous. We had a wonderful date night. I will definitely go there again. i already told all my friends about it !!!

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank ttrichards1982
Austin, Texas
“Buffet is Top Notch, Extensive Variety, Highly Recommended”
Reviewed February 3, 2011

This review is based on two lunch time buffets. I have also been there for a dinner. I am very, very satisfied with this Indian restaurant (and if you see my other reviews of Indian places, that is a rarity). I give it 4 1/2 stars out of 5.

A Taste of India is attractive and spacious, with comfortable booths. Service is smily and attentive. Prices are appropriate for the environment and food. A number of Indian patrons always makes me feel good.

Lunch buffet was $13.99 on Saturday. Very large variety and many of exceptional taste and quality. Nothing was bad on this really huge, varied buffet. About a dozen main dishes! Tremendous number of condiments, too. Highlight of which was the superb home made lemon pickle. Tamarind sauce was thick (many other places water it down) and the mango chutney was very delicious.

The buffet was a mix of mostly north India and some south indian cuisine. There was a lot of flavor but nothing incendiary (which would have been nice for me, but...). Buffet included a Bengali fish curry with a broth like sauce, a reasonably good chicken tikka masala, an eggplant masala (loved it, mushy and delicious flavor), a savory goat curry (in a dark sauce), a saag paneer (bit ont he creamy side with added treat of a few veggies in it), a serviceable chicken biriyani, a south indian vegetable dish with hint of coconut flavor, a chili chicken (lightly fried indo-chinese style dish), south indian iddly and vadi (i never cared for them, personally, anywhere, even in tamil nadu), and a tandoori vegetable dish that was nothing special but not bad. The tandoori chicken, which is where most buffets fail, was served fresh and tender. Loved it with the mango chutney and tamarind sauce atop. There was second type of chicken served with the usual reddish variety of tandoori chicken but i did not try it. Probably was getting too full.

The appetizer table (yes, this buffet is huge) had amongst other things a delightful, room temperature yogurt rice and an okay chola batura (chick peas,) as well as salads which i ignored for obvious reasons.

Complimentary mini-sized masala dosa were brought to table when we are at the buffet area so we missed them being hot. However, the coconut chutney and slightly salty veggie sambar were perfect traditional south indian toppings for it. The tandoori naan were okay but not great. I prefer my naan hot out of the oven with some browned, ripped pockets and a touch of ghee. There were 4 offerings of dessert of which the firni and halwa were really great. A bit of a strange strawberry "cheese" mush along side an ordinary gulab jamon, but no complaints considering the wide choice.

In summation, I think it was perhaps the best indian food i have had in southeast florida (with the qualification that i never ate Indian in Miami). And this was a buffet!

Note: India Place down the street offers a cheaper, less extensive buffet in a modest environment. Lawrence, the proprietor from Mysore, is a nice fellow. It is usually quite good but does not match up with the variety and quality here. And Saffron, which another reviewer said is superior to A Taste of India, is in my opinion (from 4 years ago) the worse, cream-laden variety of Indian food in the area. The type of food that angers me. So who are you going to trust!

• Visited January 2011
3 Thank mylesfire
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Awesome Indian Food. Spicy and tasty. Love it. Best Indian restaurant in West palm beach”
Reviewed December 31, 2010

I think it is the nicest Indian restaurant in west palm beach. I went there few times with my family and we enjoyed it. Buffet is awesome. It is a big restaurant too.I like Indian spicy food. We also enjoyed the Indian songs played on their TV. Cool.