“A West Palm Beach Favorite!”
Review of Cabana Restaurant - CLOSED

Cabana Restaurant
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My wife and I first visited Cabana Las Palmas in 2008. We feel in love with the restaurant and vowed to return on each subsequent trip to West Palm Beach. We have visited two or three times annually ever since and have never been disappointed, except the time we visited when they were closed during the move from 118 S Clematis St to 533 Clematis St. The mojitos are the best I have ever had. The Nuevo Latino cuisine is like nothing available in Detroit. The service really does make you feel like a guest rather than a customer. They actually recognize us from one visit to the next! Try the lunch buffet. Return for happy hour (2 for 1 mojitos at the bar!).

2  Thank Bob B

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Excellent Cuban dishes and their mojitos were delicious. We well return again, and again and again. Excellent service.

1  Thank Linda K
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Went with friends while in the area. Glad we did. Ambiance and food were really very good. A couple snafus with regard to service but all-in-all a place we would recommend. Parking wasn't a problem and the whole area is very nice. The Sopa de Frijoles Negros (Black Bean Soup) was good as well as the Calamar Frito. We'll be back. Photo's included w/review.

1  Thank seasideNorthCarolina
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We had an 8:30 reservation. There was only one other table that was occupied and they would soon leave. The restaurant is located along the busy Clematis Street corrdior in diowntown West Palm Beach which is bustling with regulars and snowbirds. Our waiter had a big communication problem explaining the menu and answering questions. He was totally unfamiliar with the menu and was constantly going back to ask the chef for answers to our questions. Obviously, there is a training opportunity here. But it made for a very unsatisfying dinner experience. My wife likes well-seasoned food but not spicy and hot. She wanted light garlic on her fish. What she got was a tasteless fish. I ordered the paella. It was very good. Not the best. I've had much better. The service was extremely slow and made for a long evening sitting by ourselves. Never did a manager come over to ask if we were enjoying our dinner or needed anything. I was happy when I finally got the check so we could chcek out and go home.

Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

The food was 100% great, but the service was the slowest I've ever seen. Although the service was slow the staff was very friendly. I would recommend going.