“DON'T GO HERE! UNSAFE FOOD! Health Dept should SHUT this place down!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chopsticks

Chopsticks
Ranked #468 of 661 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Orlando, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DON'T GO HERE! UNSAFE FOOD! Health Dept should SHUT this place down!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

DONT go to this place, what ever you do! My experience at this restaurant has changed the way I live; I was the most outgoing person but now I hate going out, eating out, and was depressed for quite some time. When my husband, myself and my two month old baby got to West Palm for a much needed vacation, we saw the reviews on Zabihah and decided we felt like eating chinese. When we arrived, the place looked decent, and we were excited for the food! When the waitress came, I asked her what was good and she said the Thai soup (it comes with chicken and shrimp) and beef wontons and general tsos. So first they brought out some fried noodles, and then the soup and wontons. I bit off a piece of the wonton; it wasn't bad. While my husband ate the wontons, I started on the soup. I tasted chicken, but no shrimp. So I kept stirring the bowl of soup to find some shrimp, and just when I was going to tell my husband that I couldn't find any, there was a black thing on the large tablespoon. At first, I thought it might be an eggplant, but when I picked it up, I saw the legs and antlers. It was a large COCKROACH. in the SOUP! I was speechless! I have extreme fear of bugs, and couldn't believe I ate cockroach infested soup. My husband kept asking what's wrong because he was sitting on the opposite side, but I kept gagging and pointing. It was just so disgusting, and I think I was more in shock than anything. I called the waitress and she rudely said WAIT, but when she saw it she was in shock too. I just got up and left the restaurant, and on my way out, the owner kept saying please go back and sit, I will bring out something else. SOMETHING ELSE? maybe rat infested food, no thanks! She didn't even seem surprised, there must be millions running around in the kitchen. Don't they have health inspectors for that? Once I got outside, I started puking uncontrollably; I breastfeed my 2 month old baby, and felt extremely guilty for eating the nasty soup. I thought I had some disease! A man who was eating with his family came running outside, and my husband told him what happened. He said he was leaving too with his family. I couldn't eat or think straight afterwards, and my vacation was entirely ruined! DON'T GO if you want to eat safe, GOD knows what's in their food.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Zainab M

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Food is over priced and almost inedible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

The menu is overpriced due to its location. We purchased food on two different occasions. Both times we were very disappointed and threw most of it away.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Paul F
West Palm Beach
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst Chinese food in history,”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2011

As a local to west palm beach, I am amazed this place is still in business. The rice is flavorless and bland. It is mushy. The egg drop soup comes out clumpy. A tip for the Indian guy and his obese wife, add corn starch to the soup before adding the egg in. IT WON'T CLUMP. They forgot to put the sauce on the beef teriyaki. the orange chicken is disgusting, tasteless, and resembles a pile of goo with poor cuts of chicken. The place claims to be halal and yet serves alcohol. I could forgive the obese woman attitude problem if the food was up to par but its just a sad disappointment. It would be lovely to have a decent Chinese restaurant in west palm beach that is consistent and chop sticks has tons of potential. Call up chef Ramsey. this place needs it!
p.s. to the staff members and the obese woman, rather than cop an attitude take the constructive criticism , harness it and turn your business around! stop making excuses that you sit down do no work, eat while speaking to customers, and charge people an arm and a leg for garbage food.

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ayasmother
West Palm Beach, Florida
“DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE! NO customer SVC, BAD food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2011

We decided to order from this restaurant based on other reviews here... And boy, are we sorry that we did that. When we placed our fairly straightforward order, we were told it'd be delivered in 20-25 min. After 45 min of waiting, we called and were told "another 5 min." 20 min LATER, it finally got here... The steamed dumplings were overcooked and mushy and the sauce had a funny, plastic taste. The mongolian beef was NOT mongolian beef and instead came loaded with onions, fried rice noodles and some light non-mongolian beef sauce and the General Tso's chicken that was ordered EXTRA spicy had actually NO spice and had an oversweet mongolian-beef like sauce. When we called the restaurant to let them know our order was incorrect and have them fix it, they hung up on us first! Then, upon calling back, the owner simply replied that they were too busy and there was nothing they would do. Ordering from this restaurant and expecting any level of customer service was a complete MISTAKE on our part and we will never order from them again. Minimally, if they could have at least OWNED up to the mistake and offered to do something about it, at least that would have offset the quality of the food. Let this serve as a lesson for all others considering ordering from here that they do not care about the customer, experience or about return business. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

• Visited February 2011
CT
“Salty Chinese”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2010

Recommendation: Avoid this restaurant. The taste of Chinese food is very subjective, but when you order for a family of 4 you normally find something you enjoy. Of all our meals, we didn't find one item I wanted more of. The meals we had were over salted and of poor quality. Had to feed the kids sandwiches later because they were hungry and didn't eat their meals from this place.

Meals:
Szechuan Beef was watery, wasn't at all spicy and the meat didn't taste very well. Again, this is simply my opinion, but I was disappointed with this meal.

Chicken chow mein wasn't very good either. Beef sticks, well, the kids tried them, and they were very small and they took one bite and refused to eat them. Hot and sour soup was salty and low in taste.

We threw the leftovers out, they weren't worth re-heating.

Overall, we'll try another location next time. Did not enjoy this meal at all and felt like we wasted our money. Wish we had TripAdvisor'd it prior to ordering.

3 Thank declue